Hawks release C, promote WR from PS to 53

razgriz737

Reaction score
Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre 13m
#Seahawks promote WR Bryan Walters from the practice squad. Released C/G Jason Spitz

C-Dub

Reaction score
Only a matter of time before he was gone. Still would rather have dropped Spitz and keep Williams. That is, unless Walters is a big time special teams stud.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Hopefully this will motivate the rest of the WRs

Also, from what I've seen...Walters has some talent.

ak3000

Reaction score
Jerheme Urban, Logan Payne, Charly Martin... Walters will fit right in to the 5th wr slot.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Definitely felt better about having Williams as our depth receiver. Walters fits the mold of that milquetoast WR we always seem to slot at #5. It was nice to have a big play guy in the wings for a change with Williams. Sigh. What can you do? Hope Walters gets some opps and makes a name.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
I wasn't all too upset about Williams being cut, but I do think I'd rather have him than Walters purely from a receiving standpoint. I'm guessing it's a special teams thing?

pehawk

Reaction score
I read a few times this dude was impressing in camp. Plus, I'm sure he wont mind getting his hands dirty in Special Teams.

Does this mean he'll be active?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
razgriz737":3ltj7rau said:
I wasn't all too upset about Williams being cut, but I do think I'd rather have him than Walters purely from a receiving standpoint. I'm guessing it's a special teams thing?

I think they were just in a tough spot roster-wise when Unger was injured. If he came back last week, Williams would still be on the team over Walters. Unfortunately, they had to make a cut when Bruce got back and still needed a back-up center for another week.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I follow every Seahawk on twitter and was wondering who this cat was.

Anyone got the real 411 on him?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":3jhqcpuk said:

Local guy...I know all of the radio guys were rooting for him on Twitter a couple weeks ago. Hopefully he can be a Stokley type

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2m7z1h4n said:

Local kid. Bothell native who graduated from Juanita High School. Went to Cornell and then was picked up by the Chargers.

Oh, and he seems pretty fast (or our guys were just slow)

[youtube]oGzayJnYux0[/youtube]

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
DavidSeven":312f7u4j said:
Definitely felt better about having Williams as our depth receiver. Walters fits the mold of that milquetoast WR we always seem to slot at #5. It was nice to have a big play guy in the wings for a change with Williams. Sigh. What can you do? Hope Walters gets some opps and makes a name.

Williams = big play guy... But in the pre-season.

That's always been the book on him. He had his chance vs Carolina and dropped it.

He is also a one trick pony (9 route).

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Before people get too upset with a Walters vs Williams comparison. Walters is a special teamer guy. Pretty sure Wiliams wasn't. When it comes to these end of the roster guys, their ability to play ST factors in pretty big.

warden

Reaction score
Walters will get released to make room for Harvin when Percy is ready to come back

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great! Maybe we now have a kick return guy! Kearse was doing okay, but he seemed hesitant and isn't a real threat to go shook the way. Hopefully Walters kick return TD wasn't just a preseason aberration.

rsm650

Reaction score
Edit (didn't read this thread before I posted this exact same thing):
DavidSeven":3img4kf7 said:
razgriz737":3img4kf7 said:

I think they were just in a tough spot roster-wise when Unger was injured. If he came back last week, Williams would still be on the team over Walters. Unfortunately, they had to make a cut when Bruce got back and still needed a back-up center for another week.

Also how come I can't delete posts in this forum when there is a delete button?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":17vbo9qh said:

One trick pony > no trick pony? What has Walters shown in pre-season or otherwise? Also, if he's not returning kicks, I'm pretty skeptical of what he's contributing to special teams. All I'm saying is that Williams is a better #5 option than Walters. I think 32 NFL teams would agree.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3j0mxrti said:
FlyingGreg":3j0mxrti said:

One trick pony > no trick pony? What has Walters shown in pre-season or otherwise? Also, if he's not returning kicks, I'm pretty skeptical of what he's contributing to special teams. All I'm saying is that Williams is a better #5 option than Walters. I think 32 NFL teams would agree.

You just said it - #5 option. Our offense is barely built to support 4 WRs let alone 5. Heck we only had 4 active a few weeks ago.

Way too much hand wringing over a fringe roster fifth WR. Much ado about nothing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ixgyajyg said:
FlyingGreg":ixgyajyg said:

While Stephen Williams may be better than Walters, Williams is not better than Kearse. Kearse beat him in preseason and he has performed better than Williams in the regular season. Thus, the reason to release Williams. As a result of Kearse's success, they need Kearse to play more in games rather than just return kicks or ST. So they need a ST guy like Walters besides Williams is not avialble now even if they wanted to sign him back.

Latest posts