Did the Seahawks Lose?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
You'd think that reading half the comments on this board.

You'd think the sky is falling, again.

Poor us from winning the road opener after a long travel in 90 degree heat vs a good Panthers team with a team that replaced much of its veteran presence last year or experienced players with youth:

M-Rob, Leon, Moffitt, Omiyale, Edwards, Martin

Branch, Jones, McDonald, Hill, and Trufant

Plus, Clemons, Avril, Irvin, and Browner were out.

17 new players made this team which is pretty crazy turnover for a team that won 11 games and played in
2 playoff games.

Seahawks have the 4th youngest roster in the NFL. Growing pains and learning curves.

Sorry, the Seahawks didn't dominate according to your plans

Sorry, the O-line was sluggish due to extreme weather conditions and got dominated by a legit Defensive Front 7 who could be the best in show as long as their LBs stay healthy.

An Oline that has typically struggled out the gates only for Cable to light a fire under their asses and get it rolling. And an Oline that tends to struggle vs big physical Dlines that bring it physically.

Sorry, the Seahawks won... maybe we should have lost to make all the whining and crying legit.

Making so many negative assumptions after the first game, the first game, I mean seriously the first game.

I bet so many of us, 12s, threw in the towel after first game in 2005 or after 4 games in 2005. How did that turn out?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm highly impressed by this win. Elite teams find ways to win the ugly game. Whoever thought this game was a give me was delusional. Carolina was a team like us last year. They lost a ton of close games.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The Seahawks could win the Super Bowl and people would still panic over any flaw in the offensive line.

Seeker

Reaction score
Seahawks win by 5 points = DOOM GLOOM FIRE EVERYBODY
Niners win by 7 points = THATS HOW YOU WIN A GAME

Happy

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus there is a reason why this thread was deleted THE FIRST TIME you created it.

But if you insist on watching the carnage unfold before the mods have to step in and stop it, so be it. I've got no sympathy for you.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I have commented more than once that this game is exactly what this team needed! Serious trench warfare in high heat/humidity against a very capable foe, without all hands on deck. That we won is just cake! A team that excels in such adversity can do great things in a more favorable environment. Learn, improve excel!

Pity the niners!

davidonmi

Reaction score
that's exact;y my thoughts. My takeaway from the game, it was ugly but they WON the game.
They were on the road
They were across the country
Week 1
10 AM
Freak athlete at opposing QB
3 key injuries and a suspension on defense
team didn't play that well.
They won the football game, I'm happy

Cartire

Reaction score
sadhappy":1ouv62pg said:
Pandion Haliaetus there is a reason why this thread was deleted THE FIRST TIME you created it.

But if you insist on watching the carnage unfold before the mods have to step in and stop it, so be it. I've got no sympathy for you.

But thats whats fun...

Happy

Reaction score
Cartire":55h0fn6e said:
sadhappy":55h0fn6e said:

But thats whats fun...

We do make an effort to save people from themselves from time to time.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I'm thinking it got deleted because it got posted twice back to back. But okay sorry for sticking up for the Seahawks. Go 49ers.

Cartire

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":30q5nzth said:
But okay sorry for sticking up for the Seahawks. Go 49ers.

BURNNNNNNN!!!!! :3-1:

(please note that I am drunk, and instigation will most likely by my motive tonight)

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
No we didn't lose. If we played a better team, on the road, on the east coast, in an early game, we would have mostly likely in my opinion lost. We did enough to win, I'm happy about that. But I really don't understand fans that are satisfied with such a performance simply because we won. Do fans satisfied with that performance actually believe we can compete with teams like SF or the Eagles if that's the best we've got? You think we can win consistently without Lynch and with Wilson running for his life on just about every pass play? The Seahawks are a better team than the way they performed against the Panthers. What is so wrong about a fan saying that about their team?

mikeak

Reaction score
But post like the OP is what makes it like people are saying we lost. Someone posts about an issue and people cans discuss the issue without belittling those posters claiming that they said stuff they didn't.

Failure to acknowledge your mistakes and areas of improvement when you win is the difference between staying mediocre and becoming a champion.

davidonmi

Reaction score
akseahawkfan":174ec5mu said:
No we didn't lose. If we played a better team, on the road, on the east coast, in an early game, we would have mostly likely in my opinion lost. We did enough to win, I'm happy about that. But I really don't understand fans that are satisfied with such a performance simply because we won. Do fans satisfied with that performance actually believe we can compete with teams like SF or the Eagles if that's the best we've got? You think we can win consistently without Lynch and with Wilson running for his life on just about every pass play? The Seahawks are a better team than the way they performed against the Panthers. What is so wrong about a fan saying that about their team?
but u can't use transitive property for the NFL. Just because we played poorly vs carolina doesn't mean we're going to play poorly vs the niners. Not every game do we play our best game. We didn't play our best with some adverse conditions and we won, be happy. I believe based on last year we will play better next week. What happens one week doesn't automatically happen the next week, that's not how the nfl works

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Could you at least admit you're wrong after the season if let's say the Panther end the season with 9+ wins?

As a Seahawks fan since 1997 even I know two things: Don't be too critical of a road opener, first game of the season, especially on a 10 am start because the Seahawks usually tend to look sluggish and suck even against worst talent and easier weather conditions.

And 2ndly: Don't get way too excited over a hot start because more often than not the flames die out.

This team has 15 more games to play and hopefully three more after that. We are 1-0. Last year, we were 0-1. We won plenty of close games and we won plenty of close games. We were never blown out.

Wilson and about 35 other Hawks are now 13-6 since 2012.

I'm just saying if problems continue to persist with no avail then start dropping rocks from space on your dinosaurs but to be so critical after the first real game the season is little short sighted and premature.

Our team is built to become stronger as the season journeys on as other teams wear out in the final battles but the Seahawks are as human as everyone else and young. They will make a lot of mistakes but should get better with each one and with more experience.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":6elblrff said:
I'm thinking it got deleted because it got posted twice back to back. But okay sorry for sticking up for the Seahawks. Go 49ers.
Excuse me... hell no go 49ers. More like pummel them into the ground Hawks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":33d2kg9e said:
You'd think that reading half the comments on this board.

You'd think the sky is falling, again.

Poor us from winning the road opener after a long travel in 90 degree heat vs a good Panthers team with a team that replaced much of its veteran presence last year or experienced players with youth:

M-Rob, Leon, Moffitt, Omiyale, Edwards, Martin

Branch, Jones, McDonald, Hill, and Trufant

Plus, Clemons, Avril, Irvin, and Browner were out.

17 new players made this team which is pretty crazy turnover for a team that won 11 games and played in
2 playoff games.

Seahawks have the 4th youngest roster in the NFL. Growing pains and learning curves.

Sorry, the Seahawks didn't dominate according to your plans

Sorry, the O-line was sluggish due to extreme weather conditions and got dominated by a legit Defensive Front 7 who could be the best in show as long as their LBs stay healthy.

An Oline that has typically struggled out the gates only for Cable to light a fire under their asses and get it rolling. And an Oline that tends to struggle vs big physical Dlines that bring it physically.

Sorry, the Seahawks won... maybe we should have lost to make all the whining and crying legit.

Making so many negative assumptions after the first game, the first game, I mean seriously the first game.

I bet so many of us, 12s, threw in the towel after first game in 2005 or after 4 games in 2005. How did that turn out?

Oh...stop it.

We are a franchise that has been bitten in the ass more times than I care to count. We are all great fans with great expectations. When our team plays to our expectations, we celebrate. When they don't, we piss and moan. So what? This is a message board. A place to voice concerns and frustrations as much as it is to exclaim excitement.

Because you are upbeat and full of rainbows and unicorns don't make you any more, or less, a fan than the guy that says...I'm pissed and demand domination. Please note: This post is not (necessarily) entirely directed at you. There's too many people wanting to question the fanhood of another because they think that makes them Superfan or something. It don't. It makes them more like Eddie Haskell on leave it to beaver.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Cartire":1vhx2nur said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1vhx2nur said:
But okay sorry for sticking up for the Seahawks. Go 49ers.

BURNNNNNNN!!!!! :3-1:

(please note that I am drunk, and instigation will most likely by my motive tonight)

Drunk? No wonder you said McCoy is better than AP (AD). ; )