Did the Seahawks Lose?

HawkWow

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":5z5em3pt said:
So far, this thread hasn't lived up to the hype.

Cable's going to jump in and light a fire under our ass'. Expect big things on pages 3 and 4.

Bat9th

Reaction score
Can you really blame them though? The way the team has been built up, alot to live up to. That said, a win is a win.. I will take it all day. Russ played great and the defensive held Cam and Co. to 7 points. At their place.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkWow":3kunqts0 said:
Cartire":3kunqts0 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3kunqts0 said:
But okay sorry for sticking up for the Seahawks. Go 49ers.

BURNNNNNNN!!!!! :3-1:

(please note that I am drunk, and instigation will most likely by my motive tonight)

Drunk? No wonder you said McCoy is better than AP (AD). ; )

A smear campaign is it..... :evil:

davidonmi

Reaction score
HawkWow":15e4kn47 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":15e4kn47 said:
You'd think that reading half the comments on this board.

You'd think the sky is falling, again.

Poor us from winning the road opener after a long travel in 90 degree heat vs a good Panthers team with a team that replaced much of its veteran presence last year or experienced players with youth:

M-Rob, Leon, Moffitt, Omiyale, Edwards, Martin

Branch, Jones, McDonald, Hill, and Trufant

Plus, Clemons, Avril, Irvin, and Browner were out.

17 new players made this team which is pretty crazy turnover for a team that won 11 games and played in
2 playoff games.

Seahawks have the 4th youngest roster in the NFL. Growing pains and learning curves.

Sorry, the Seahawks didn't dominate according to your plans

Sorry, the O-line was sluggish due to extreme weather conditions and got dominated by a legit Defensive Front 7 who could be the best in show as long as their LBs stay healthy.

An Oline that has typically struggled out the gates only for Cable to light a fire under their asses and get it rolling. And an Oline that tends to struggle vs big physical Dlines that bring it physically.

Sorry, the Seahawks won... maybe we should have lost to make all the whining and crying legit.

Making so many negative assumptions after the first game, the first game, I mean seriously the first game.

I bet so many of us, 12s, threw in the towel after first game in 2005 or after 4 games in 2005. How did that turn out?

Oh...stop it.

We are a franchise that has been bitten in the ass more times than I care to count. We are all great fans with great expectations. When our team plays to our expectations, we celebrate. When they don't, we piss and moan. So what? This is a message board. A place to voice concerns and frustrations as much as it is to exclaim excitement.

Because you are upbeat and full of rainbows and unicorns don't make you any more, or less, a fan than the guy that says...I'm pissed and demand domination. Please note: This post is not (necessarily) entirely directed at you. There's too many people wanting to question the fanhood of another because they think that makes them Superfan or something. It don't. It makes them more like Eddie Haskell on leave it to beaver.
U are just different than me, my expectation was not to dominate this ballgame, it was to win. They met my expectations. If they didn't meet yours that's up to u

HawkWow

Reaction score
davidonmi":cueejvpw said:
HawkWow":cueejvpw said:
Pandion Haliaetus":cueejvpw said:
You'd think that reading half the comments on this board.

You'd think the sky is falling, again.

Poor us from winning the road opener after a long travel in 90 degree heat vs a good Panthers team with a team that replaced much of its veteran presence last year or experienced players with youth:

M-Rob, Leon, Moffitt, Omiyale, Edwards, Martin

Branch, Jones, McDonald, Hill, and Trufant

Plus, Clemons, Avril, Irvin, and Browner were out.

17 new players made this team which is pretty crazy turnover for a team that won 11 games and played in
2 playoff games.

Seahawks have the 4th youngest roster in the NFL. Growing pains and learning curves.

Sorry, the Seahawks didn't dominate according to your plans

Sorry, the O-line was sluggish due to extreme weather conditions and got dominated by a legit Defensive Front 7 who could be the best in show as long as their LBs stay healthy.

An Oline that has typically struggled out the gates only for Cable to light a fire under their asses and get it rolling. And an Oline that tends to struggle vs big physical Dlines that bring it physically.

Sorry, the Seahawks won... maybe we should have lost to make all the whining and crying legit.

Making so many negative assumptions after the first game, the first game, I mean seriously the first game.

I bet so many of us, 12s, threw in the towel after first game in 2005 or after 4 games in 2005. How did that turn out?

Oh...stop it.

We are a franchise that has been bitten in the ass more times than I care to count. We are all great fans with great expectations. When our team plays to our expectations, we celebrate. When they don't, we piss and moan. So what? This is a message board. A place to voice concerns and frustrations as much as it is to exclaim excitement.

Because you are upbeat and full of rainbows and unicorns don't make you any more, or less, a fan than the guy that says...I'm pissed and demand domination. Please note: This post is not (necessarily) entirely directed at you. There's too many people wanting to question the fanhood of another because they think that makes them Superfan or something. It don't. It makes them more like Eddie Haskell on leave it to beaver.
U are just different than me, my expectation was not to dominate this ballgame, it was to win. They met my expectations. If they didn't meet yours that's up to u

...and you never heard me say I wasn't happy with the win, nor did you hear me say I expected domination. I expected us to win by 6...we won by 5. What I did say was this was a great win for us (all considered). But do know that questioning our run and/or pass blocking does not make me, or anyone else, anti-Seahawk. Quite the opposite.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Please I'm far from upbeat and rainbows. I didn't like the game one bit. But I understand and acknowledge certain factors and circumstances at play to be as you say all upbeat and rainbows. And don't really mind the criticism but some fans just make it too personal or something. The Seahawks played hard and won for us in a tough game, some played better than others, and some important ones didn't play at all, and all some people can do sit there and talk trash about these players who are doing all the work.

We just need to chill, relax, and as they say on How I Met Your Mother, eat a sandwich and be happy the Seahawks won their first game of the season even though they were far from clicking. And know that there is plenty of time to iron out the wrinkles and for the youth to gain experience and learn their lessons.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
TL; DR the OP but....

...my sense was that most were pretty happy with the win and recognized that the conditions were difficult and that Carolina's front 7 was formidable. Straw man?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2qcz06v5 said:
Please I'm far from upbeat and rainbows. I didn't like the game one bit. But I understand and acknowledge certain factors and circumstances at play to be as you say all upbeat and rainbows. And don't really mind the criticism but some fans just make it too personal or something. The Seahawks played hard and won for us in a tough game, some played better than others, and some important ones didn't play at all, and all some people can do sit there and talk trash about these players who are doing all the work.

We just need to chill, relax, and as they say on How I Met Your Mother, eat a sandwich and be happy the Seahawks won their first game of the season even though they were far from clicking. And know that there is plenty of time to iron out the wrinkles and for the youth to gain experience and learn their lessons.

You are a good fan.

I am unfamiliar with the 2nd part of your post. Please tell me more about this meeting someone's mother for a sandwich. Sounds wild.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkWow":1o4fqhru said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1o4fqhru said:

You are a good fan.

I am unfamiliar with the 2nd part of your post. Please tell me more about this meeting someone's mother for a sandwich. Sounds wild.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. RAGGGGEEE MORRRREEEE.

CANCER FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thfight7:

We need to stop this civil conversations and start fighing more. This thread was suppose to get good. I was promised by sadhappy that feelings would get hurt.

:0190l:

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
davidonmi":3h6jquov said:
akseahawkfan":3h6jquov said:
No we didn't lose. If we played a better team, on the road, on the east coast, in an early game, we would have mostly likely in my opinion lost. We did enough to win, I'm happy about that. But I really don't understand fans that are satisfied with such a performance simply because we won. Do fans satisfied with that performance actually believe we can compete with teams like SF or the Eagles if that's the best we've got? You think we can win consistently without Lynch and with Wilson running for his life on just about every pass play? The Seahawks are a better team than the way they performed against the Panthers. What is so wrong about a fan saying that about their team?
but u can't use transitive property for the NFL. Just because we played poorly vs carolina doesn't mean we're going to play poorly vs the niners. Not every game do we play our best game. We didn't play our best with some adverse conditions and we won, be happy. I believe based on last year we will play better next week. What happens one week doesn't automatically happen the next week, that's not how the nfl works

It depends on how much weight you want to give to such things as opponents, location, time, weather etc in critiquing a performance. Had we been playing a better defensive team for instance, with all other variables equal, my critique of the OL would be tempered by that fact. It is my opinion that the performance of the OL was poor regardless and independent of all other factors.

Speaking of transitive properties, you can't base anything on last year.

sutz

Reaction score
Cartire":8znciwgz said:
HawkWow":8znciwgz said:
Pandion Haliaetus":8znciwgz said:

You are a good fan.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. RAGGGGEEE MORRRREEEE.

CANCER FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thfight7:

We need to stop this civil conversations and start fighing more. This thread was suppose to get good. I was promised by sadhappy that feelings would get hurt.

:0190l:
Well, it sounds like your feelings are hurt. ;)

akseahawkfan

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":30511vtt said:
Could you at least admit you're wrong after the season if let's say the Panther end the season with 9+ wins?

Why would that make any difference? Who knows what the level of competition the Panthers will have faced by the end of the year. What if all 9 wins come against teams that failed to make the playoffs? That's not the way to asses the team at this point in time.

As a Seahawks fan since 1997 even I know two things: Don't be too critical of a road opener, first game of the season, especially on a 10 am start because the Seahawks usually tend to look sluggish and suck even against worst talent and easier weather conditions.

I've likely been a Seahawks fan longer than you've been alive, if you just started being a fan in 1997. I don't need to be told by you or anyone for that matter about the Seahawk's history of difficulties on the east coast and early starts. Every team has a first game and half the teams start on the road. Seahawks had plenty of hot weather for training camp, so I don't buy that excuse.

And 2ndly: Don't get way too excited over a hot start because more often than not the flames die out.

Thanks for that sage advice. I'll decide when I'll get excited or not though. Just in case you're wondering, I'll also decide when to be concerned if that's ok by you.

This team has 15 more games to play and hopefully three more after that. We are 1-0. Last year, we were 0-1. We won plenty of close games and we won plenty of close games. We were never blown out.

Wow. Just when I thought you had exhausted your obvioius deep understanding of the NFL and the Seahawks you come up with reminding us of the obvious. Could you revel us some more with explaining what last year has to do with this year and why that means we shouldn't critique the team's performance in a game?

Wilson and about 35 other Hawks are now 13-6 since 2012.

Oooh I knew I could count on you to come through.

I'm just saying if problems continue to persist with no avail then start dropping rocks from space on your dinosaurs but to be so critical after the first real game the season is little short sighted and premature.

I guess I'll just wait for you to give me the go ahead before I point out any shortcomings I may see in our team from week to week. When the OL plays better against SF than they did in Carolina is it ok with you that I point out the improvement or should I just pretend their poor play in Carolina didn't happen? Please let me know, because I crave your approval and don't want to break any of your rules for Seahawk fans.

Our team is built to become stronger as the season journeys on as other teams wear out in the final battles but the Seahawks are as human as everyone else and young.

I'm sorry, I see the problem now. I didn't know that you were an insider who is privy to such detailed information about personnell decisions and game planning.

They will make a lot of mistakes but should get better with each one and with more experience.

I had no idea that teams and players get better with experience. I just thought they popped out of the womb with everything they needed to be successful.

Thank you so much for this lesson on being a fan. I don't know how I've managed all these years without you.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":33j5qiqp said:
MontanaHawk05":33j5qiqp said:
The Seahawks could win the Super Bowl and people would still panic over any flaw in the offensive line.

If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, that will cut right out. The Seahawks never winning a Super Bowl is the reason for the "panic" in the first place.

If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl (I'll be rejoicing) and in the process RW takes a beating and makes multiple miracles with his legs while the O-line is still porous, I will want something to happen in the offseason to address this. This does not make me less of a fan than you. Congrats on your post being so awesome (in your mind)

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1h03fqx9 said:
MontanaHawk05":1h03fqx9 said:
The Seahawks could win the Super Bowl and people would still panic over any flaw in the offensive line.

If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl, that will cut right out. The Seahawks never winning a Super Bowl is the reason for the "panic" in the first place.

If the Seahawks win the Super Bowl (I'll be rejoicing) and in the process RW takes a beating and makes multiple miracles with his legs while the O-line is still porous, I will want something to happen in the offseason to address this. This does not make me less of a fan than you. Congrats on your post being so awesome (in your mind)

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3j9m72jn said:
Jesus. Do we really need this sanctimonious crap?

I am torn between cheering the OP and cheering your response to it.

Sometimes this place can feel like British Parliament.