Tarvaris Jackson released by Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacksman

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
And then there's this. Never stops. June 10th, guys RT @buffalobills: QB Tarvaris Jackson released by #Bills http://ow.ly/lTP1v

Considering we have been a little underhanded in the backup QB department, this seems newsworthy.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I say bring him in. Could use another camp arm anyway now that Portis is gone.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He just retweeted this...

Nick™‏@nickelduque
Tarvaris Jackson released today by Bills. Time for a reunion. Bring back @7tjackson! #GoHawks!

NYCoug

Reaction score
I don't fully know why, but I would absolutely love it if the Hawks brought back TJack to be Russell's backup. It would just feel right. The dude was tough as nails when he was here and proved that he could at least be a .500%-ish QB if Russell ever were to go down. Brady Quinn still hasn't proven that he can do that yet during his time in the NFL. I'd feel a little bit more comfortable knowing Tarvaris was the one holding the clipboard, hopefully all season long.

Zeb is probably flipping out right now though at the thought of the possibilities. Make it happen JS!

pehawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":1dux6pdi said:
I don't fully know why, but I would absolutely love it if the Hawks brought back TJack to be Russell's backup. It would just feel right. The dude was tough as nails when he was here and proved that he could at least be a .500%-ish QB if Russell ever were to go down. Brady Quinn still hasn't proven that he can do that yet during his time in the NFL. I'd feel a little bit more comfortable knowing Tarvaris was the one holding the clipboard, hopefully all season long.

Zeb is probably flipping out right now though at the thought of the possibilities. Make it happen JS!

I love you.

TJack belongs on the Seahawks, period.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I honestly don't mind Jackson as a backup qb. I wouldn't want an entire season to ride on him, but I think as a backup, he's a good guy and a solid teammate. A good number of the guys here know him and like him. I don't really see anyone on our roster now that I think is truly much better equipped to handle the role, so I'd be fine with him coming back here again. Don't know if it will happen, but it could work out alright if it does

BlueTalon

Reaction score
If he signs here, he will do it knowing there isn't going to be a QB competition, at least not for the starting spot. He was always good for the locker room, as I understood it, so I would be quite comfortable bringing him in and letting him and Quinn compete for the backup spot.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
I always liked TJ. The dude had heart. I would be happy with him as a back up. A lot of the guys on the team already know him and have some chemistry so why not?

NYCoug

Reaction score
BlueTalon":do0cphj2 said:
If he signs here, he will do it knowing there isn't going to be a QB competition, at least not for the starting spot. He was always good for the locker room, as I understood it, so I would be quite comfortable bringing him in and letting him and Quinn compete for the backup spot.

I think the writing is on the wall for Tarvaris that the ship for him to be a starter in the NFL has sailed. Why not walk in to one of the best situations in the league? A place where you are familiar with the players, coaches, and offensive system and perhaps maybe you come in for a few games and prove to the league that you can be the perfect Stop-Gap QB, who knows. I don't think it gets much better for Tarvaris Jackson then backup QB for the Seahawks, plus he can probably cash in on an easy ring.

You know Seattle has officially made it as a destination franchise in the NFL when backup QB's want to "play" for you.

pehawk":do0cphj2 said:
NYCoug":do0cphj2 said:

I love you.

TJack belongs on the Seahawks, period.

Personally, I'd love it if Tarvaris AND Jerrod Johnson beat out Brady Quinn. Like I said, for some reason I've always hated the guy (it's because he went to Notre Dame, doubly so because he went there during the Charlie Weis era. Another dude I couldn't stand) and I wouldn't really be too devastated if he didn't make the team. I think Johnson offers more upside and Jackson is a more capable, reliable, and tougher option as the #2. Not to mention, he's better too.

And pe, save your love for somebody who deserves it. This guy.

Pete Carroll USPstoryJackso

Clearly Pete agrees. They should do it for Zeb's happiness alone.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
If ANYBODY deserves a Super Bowl ring, it's TJack.

Bring him in and let him retire a Seahawk.

As it should be.

NYCoug

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3vlt85iz said:

As it should be.

You could cut Moffitt to free up a roster spot for TJack. ;)

Edit: Wanna point out that I agree 100% about Tarvaris deserving a ring. At first, I hated the guy. Then, I grew to love him somehow. I love the fact that people are opining for his return though. Never thought I'd see the day. Zeb's shedding a single tear somewhere right now. Just goes to show you how little faith everyone has in Brady Quinn around here haha

bestfightstory

Reaction score
NYCoug":17z14yuh said:
bestfightstory":17z14yuh said:

As it should be.

You could cut Moffitt to free up a roster spot for TJack. ;)

John Schneider (or "Schneids" as he is known among fanboys) has nothing on you, bro.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
tjack deserves to be Superbowl MVP. We'd be lucky to get him back.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
On second thought, I'm not sure this team is ready for a QB controversy.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
It makes a lot of sense to bring him back. I suspect it will be the first call his agent makes. He knows the offense , the OC and both ex Viking receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.