Tarvaris Jackson released by Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Jackson deserves a SB ring? For what? Being mediocre? For crying out loud a SB ring! Some of you Jackson lovers need to get a grip. IF Jackson deserves a SB ring then Dan Marino deserves 50 of them. Jackson played a few games with a bad arm Marino played for years on bad knees. There are literally hundreds of players far more deserving of a SB ring than a below average QB.

Greenhell

Reaction score
v1rotv2":3i1xq5dm said:
Jackson deserves a SB ring? For what? Being mediocre? For crying out loud a SB ring! Some of you Jackson lovers need to get a grip. IF Jackson deserves a SB ring then Dan Marino deserves 50 of them. Jackson played a few games with a bad arm Marino played for years on bad knees. There are literally hundreds of players far more deserving of a SB ring than a below average QB.

Thank you!

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'd take him over Quinn. He can play injured, which is a good quality for a backup. Also he knows the system. But I'd probably die of frustration if he ever started a game for us again...

bestfightstory

Reaction score
If you guys really think Marino can come in and fling the rock effectively at this point you're freaking crazy.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I think Jackson deserves a Super Bowl Ring for one huge reason.... if it weren't for the way he played and led 2 years ago, this CURRENT team would be set back and would not be where they are now. I understand a lot of the "T-Jack sucks" crowd's points. No, he wasn't going to lead us to the promised land. No, he wasn't the long term answer. But he came in and played a heck of a lot better than CBJ did, and he was the bridge between Hass and Russ. He had that team growing in confidence and they saw that they were capable of winning. He won 8 games on a team that by all rights should have won about 4. To me... that guy deserves to be a part of the end of the ride that he helped get moving and rolling.

Honestly... if Charlie Whitehurst had played that season, do you think last season would have gone as well? I honestly don't. I feel like the team battled, and scratched, and clawed and learned and grew. They did this all with T-Jack under center and he led by example. So if this current iteration of the Hawks get a Superbowl... I'd like T-Jack to be there. The guys love him and respect him and they proved that they could win with him in the game leading the team. I sure as heck think he'd deserve the ring more than Brady Quinn (if neither guy is going to take a snap this coming year). At least T-Jack had something to do with this building process we have and kept the team afloat and ready to excel.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":bba87x6o said:
taz291819":bba87x6o said:
TJack deserves a SB ring? Umm, Hasselbeck deserves one before TJack.

Incorrect. Hass had his shot and he blew it.
INCORRECTOMUNDO!, what the hell has Jackson ever done for the Seahawks to be deserving of a gimme SB ring?
This whole TJ gig is getting ridiculously silly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":1of2r7bh said:
NYCoug":1of2r7bh said:
I don't fully know why, but I would absolutely love it if the Hawks brought back TJack to be Russell's backup. It would just feel right. The dude was tough as nails when he was here and proved that he could at least be a .500%-ish QB if Russell ever were to go down. Brady Quinn still hasn't proven that he can do that yet during his time in the NFL. I'd feel a little bit more comfortable knowing Tarvaris was the one holding the clipboard, hopefully all season long.

Zeb is probably flipping out right now though at the thought of the possibilities. Make it happen JS!

I love you.

TJack belongs on the Seahawks, period.
Why? We already have a couple of useless backups and Johnson damn well has more upside if that's what you are looking for.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Why are we worried about a back up with potential at this point? if they were worried about that they would've drafted one.

Quinns trash, and TJacks better than him.

BRING BACK TJ!

themunn

Reaction score
wow the Jackson hatred is unbelievable here.
Jackson - when healthy - was no worse (but no better) than Alex Smith.
Would you take Alex Smith as a backup? I would. But I'd take Jackson before him.

We had a backup with potential called Flynn, who threw for 480 yards and 6 TDs in his last start.
Backups with potential are not highly sought after by teams... and when your starting QB already has more potential than most QBs in the league you're not really looking to supplant him, you're looking for someone that can come in and manage a game if (god forbid) that starter goes down injured.

Maybe Quinn is doing OK in practice right now. He also threw for 2 TDs and 8 INTs last season, and that was his first time on the field in 3 years. Point to the fact he was at awful teams like KC and Cleveland. He couldn't beat out Matt Cassell in KC until he got injured, and he couldn't beat out Tim Tebow in Denver... a player who couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez or Greg McElroy and one even more widely denigrated on this site.
Maybe Jerrod Johnson is a decent backup QB... but he's never thrown a pass in a live NFL game, yes he has done alright in preseason outings but so has Josh Portis and he'll be lucky to be a backup QB anywhere.
Jackson, as a starter in his last season threw for an almost smack bang average 80 QB rating over the season. That's all you ever need and want from your backup. I just don't understand the huge dislike.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I do agree Quinn is trash that can't be defended but we already have Johnson so let's just stand pat unless somebody gets injured in training camp. If so pick up TJ I guess.

Throwdown

Reaction score
themunn":6uj0cd74 said:
wow the Jackson hatred is unbelievable here.
Jackson - when healthy - was no worse (but no better) than Alex Smith.
Would you take Alex Smith as a backup? I would. But I'd take Jackson before him

i mean most of 'em wanted us to start Whitehurst... We'd have RGIII if we did that and not the best QB in the league :)

TJack deserves a ring for putting us in a position to get the best QB in the league.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geezus, more TJack talk??? Enough already, dude sucked then, always has sucked, and always will suck. The guy can't even make the Buffalo Bills :roll: Just sayin.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qhni1c3h said:
Geezus, more TJack talk??? Enough already, dude sucked then, always has sucked, and always will suck. The guy can't even make the Buffalo Bills :roll: Just sayin.

Cuz the Bills are just the model of excellence right?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Don't even answer that phone call from San Francisco, TJack. Just come on home to your family in Seattle.
We've been waiting for you.

Throwdown

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1klyd620 said:
Don't even answer that phone call from San Francisco, TJack. Just come on home to your family in Seattle.
We've been waiting for you.

Gospel!

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Jeremy Stevens deserves a super bowl ring more than Jackson and that's actually true. Seems to me a guy should at least contribute something more than improving your draft position to deserve anything.

You know what Jackson deserves? Exactly what he has gotten. Released by the Vikings, traded by Seattle and dumped by the bills.

If he is so good why hasn't a team snatched him up?

No worse than Alex Smith? Really? Two second round picks vs not beating out anyone?

8 wins however is very impressive. Especially in a season we only won 7 games and one was a game he left trailing and Whitehurst stepped in and have us our only come from behind win all season.

He is not even better than Whitehurst on the field and that is a fact. Charlie sucked but he won a critical game to put us in the playoffs and that wasn't with a dominant running game or defense. The only game Lynch missed in 2011 was the Cleveland game. Jackson has never played a game without a top notch running game and defense.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RichNhansom":39nlei8t said:
Jeremy Stevens deserves a super bowl ring more than Jackson and that's actually true. Seems to me a guy should at least contribute something more than improving your draft position to deserve anything.

You know what Jackson deserves? Exactly what he has gotten. Released by the Vikings, traded by Seattle and dumped by the bills.

If he is so good why hasn't a team snatched him up?

No worse than Alex Smith? Really? Two second round picks vs not beating out anyone?

8 wins however is very impressive. Especially in a season we only won 7 games and one was a game he left trailing and Whitehurst stepped in and have us our only come from behind win all season.

He is not even better than Whitehurst on the field and that is a fact. Charlie sucked but he won a critical game to put us in the playoffs and that wasn't with a dominant running game or defense. The only game Lynch missed in 2011 was the Cleveland game. Jackson has never played a game without a top notch running game and defense.

Not having lynch isn't an excuse to not break 100 yards throwing, NO EXCUSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.