Brandon Browner's Journey

Axx

Reaction score
the Real Brown Report

Great interview

AzHawker

Reaction score
Dude comes off realer then real. Never heard a player break down why he picked a certain team or even tried out just cuz the money,just bein honest I love it. Still think its amazing he's a 6'4" corner and ballin! Glad to see he cut down the penalties last year a lot! Seemed like some games teams wouldn't even try to throw his way, a true intimidator!

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Very down to earth interview, I like the candid honesty. 5k in the grand scheme of things isn't much, but when you are young and hungry with a family to feed, 5k is a huge incentive.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
AzHawker":30ha7bc9 said:
Dude comes off realer then real. Never heard a player break down why he picked a certain team or even tried out just cuz the money,just bein honest I love it. Still think its amazing he's a 6'4" corner and ballin! Glad to see he cut down the penalties last year a lot! Seemed like some games teams wouldn't even try to throw his way, a true intimidator!
He had those guys buried in the dirt.

Damn I love Browner. Thug out there.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Love Brandon Browner, dude is amazing! That one clip where he takes out 3 people on special teams is unreal! Then the play against Carolina, shadows Cam and makes him pitch the ball then tackles the runner, causes a fumble, oh, and he laid out Wes Welker :p That hit on Welk probably won us the game because it slowed down the vaunted NE pass offense.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I love this guy , Favorite Seahawk. and the perfect example of what P&J created here in Seattle.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":1y6eyqyp said:
He had those guys buried in the dirt.

Damn I love Browner. Thug out there.

+1

He kinda reminds me of the guy on Chappelle's game show who answered "Is pimping easy?" with "HELL YEAH." And when he says it, it's correct.

SirTed

Reaction score
I love BB.

I know a lot of guys and gals around here see him as the "most expendable" member of the secondary but I just love the dude. I love the way he plays, I love the way he brings a physical edge to our D, and I love this dude on the Real Rob :) . He's my favorite Hawk. I'm happy to see a couple more folks feel the same way.

razgriz737

Reaction score
BB is the prime example of how nasty our D has become (and I mean that in a good way!). He just plays so damn mean, and I love it.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Just think, we used to have a player like Kelly Jennings in that spot. Now we have BB. Talk about going from a puppy to a dire-wolf.

That is the perfect example of how different this team is from 4 years ago.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Browner would only be expendable if Thurmond could stay healthy, and even then, you would replace the position, but never the style of the play or the results.

Browner flat out erases people at the los, and when he comes up in run support, he rarely missed the tackle. He's also damn near unblockable on bubble screens to his side.

So you have a guy that:
1. pretty much erases bubble screens to his side
2. can completely take most WRs out of the game by disrupting their release off the LOS and timing on their routes
3. is a hard hitting beast and great in run support; might be one of the hardest CBs in the league to block at the LOS
4. has great ball skills and uses the best length at the position in the league to his advantage

You're getting all this while giving up a player that sometimes is susceptible to double moves as he has average short area quickness (his top end speed is much better than advertised, see the AP play last year where Browner caught him from behind in the open field from the opposite side of the field).

I'd hardly call that the most replaceable part of our secondary. I hate to say it, but Kam is probably our most replaceable guy back there. And the best cantidate for that would be Browner, haha.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I love this quote on his new Twitter page.

Brandon Browner":2oazohkg said:
"I don't need you to tell me I'm the best corner in the league. The most physical corner will do..."

Dude is a physically imposing beast. I would say he is easily the most intimidating player in the league. Before Browner, I didn't think a cornerback was capable of being physically intimidating, but after watching Brandon consistently maul opposing receivers, stopping running backs dead on sweeps, tosses, and stretch plays for two full seasons, I have learned otherwise.

To say that Brandon Browner is my favorite Seahawk is a bit like saying my thumb is my favorite finger, but I simply love what he brings to our defensive game. "The Nasty" is something which started with he and Chancellor, and it has permeated the rest of our defense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Crappy quality, but one of my top 5 plays of the entire season in the whole NFL:

[youtube]Ljk3Ak7UlwU[/youtube]

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Is that still a cheap shot if Rogers is out of the pocket? I love the way he just put Jennings down, like "you want this!

P.S. I lost my respect for Chuckie in this game too.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Rodgers was out of the pocket, and the flag was only thrown for the fight afterwards. Browner laying out Jennings was completely legal across the board, that's what most football "fans" don't understand.

Sac

Reaction score
The great thing about Browner is that he's not a player that relies on speed. He uses his physicality, toughness and great length to do what he does. I can imagine him having a very long career.