Brandon Browner's Journey

Subzero717

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1v7e59po said:
I think it's time to get a Browner Jersey

I beat you to it. I got mine 2 weeks ago after watching the LOB highlight after I just had 4 Mannys.

JDSeahawks

Reaction score
hawker84":zhw4up2y said:
browner is my favorite seahawk in front of the camera, RW is #1... He's much faster than given credit for but let's put the AP run and catch from behind into perspective, he clearly had an angle, but even with that angle he needed to have good speed to catch him..

I love this interview, never really knew the whole story behind him and his path here, love his honesty, and love him being happy he's a part of this special team.

Note: wonder where that interview was filmed, looked like his grandma's house.. only thing that couch was missing was the plastic cover..

Hello everyone...long time lurker, first post. I'm a Seahawks and Oregon State fan, so of course Brandon Browner is my favorite Hawk (but there's a lot of players of course that I really like).

Regarding Browner's path here, most are familiar with his CFL story. But coming out of HS, Carroll was looking at him real hard to come on board at SC. Of course, that was 2002 and USC was pretty much the top of CFB world, so Pete pretty much had the pick of top talent at each position.

So, apparently, SC was waiting to extend a scholarship to Browner. Oregon State was also recruiting BB hard and coach Dennis Erickson at the time didn't wait and offered him early so that really helped bring him to Corvallis (thankfully).

Browner had some great games vs SC and I do remember one he had a pick 6 INT of some 30 yards off Leinart. So, Pete definitely remembered him well from his OSU games since he played so well (and big/physical) at the LOS.

Unfortunately for us Beaver fans, Brandon decided to leave for the NFL after his Soph year, so two years early. This definitely hurt his chances to break in as he was not yet there technique-wise. Plus he ran a slow 40 which we all know he is faster than what was posted.

So, he goes UDFA to Denver, breaks his arm and is sent to the CFL. I really think if Browner could have stayed two more years at OSU (or maybe even until after his Jr year), he would have been more ready for the NFL. OSU always has ran a press type coverage and have put a lot of CBs into the NFL, so extra years there would definitely have helped him.

Anyway, thankfully that is all in the past and he is finally back as a HAWK and playing great! His humility and honesty really shows because he really had to earn his way back and was not compensated well for it. It was a tough journey, but hopefully he can stay for a long time in the league (hopefully as a Hawk) and get paid for sticking with it after all these years.

Sorry for the long first post, but Browner is one of my favorites!

Go Hawks!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
JDSeahawks":303p4uqg said:
hawker84":303p4uqg said:
browner is my favorite seahawk in front of the camera, RW is #1... He's much faster than given credit for but let's put the AP run and catch from behind into perspective, he clearly had an angle, but even with that angle he needed to have good speed to catch him..

I love this interview, never really knew the whole story behind him and his path here, love his honesty, and love him being happy he's a part of this special team.

Note: wonder where that interview was filmed, looked like his grandma's house.. only thing that couch was missing was the plastic cover..

Hello everyone...long time lurker, first post. I'm a Seahawks and Oregon State fan, so of course Brandon Browner is my favorite Hawk (but there's a lot of players of course that I really like).

Regarding Browner's path here, most are familiar with his CFL story. But coming out of HS, Carroll was looking at him real hard to come on board at SC. Of course, that was 2002 and USC was pretty much the top of CFB world, so Pete pretty much had the pick of top talent at each position.

So, apparently, SC was waiting to extend a scholarship to Browner. Oregon State was also recruiting BB hard and coach Dennis Erickson at the time didn't wait and offered him early so that really helped bring him to Corvallis (thankfully).

Browner had some great games vs SC and I do remember one he had a pick 6 INT of some 30 yards off Leinart. So, Pete definitely remembered him well from his OSU games since he played so well (and big/physical) at the LOS.

Unfortunately for us Beaver fans, Brandon decided to leave for the NFL after his Soph year, so two years early. This definitely hurt his chances to break in as he was not yet there technique-wise. Plus he ran a slow 40 which we all know he is faster than what was posted.

So, he goes UDFA to Denver, breaks his arm and is sent to the CFL. I really think if Browner could have stayed two more years at OSU (or maybe even until after his Jr year), he would have been more ready for the NFL. OSU always has ran a press type coverage and have put a lot of CBs into the NFL, so extra years there would definitely have helped him.

Anyway, thankfully that is all in the past and he is finally back as a HAWK and playing great! His humility and honesty really shows because he really had to earn his way back and was not compensated well for it. It was a tough journey, but hopefully he can stay for a long time in the league (hopefully as a Hawk) and get paid for sticking with it after all these years.

Sorry for the long first post, but Browner is one of my favorites!

Go Hawks!

Great input! It really makes me wonder how things would have worked out for Browner if Carroll had gotten his hands on him at USC. Not only would BB have gotten early coaching from one of the great DB teachers in football, but Carroll might have also convinced him to stay an extra year or two. Pro readiness seemed like something Pete was very mindful of in his days at USC (based on his comments when Sanchez declared for the draft).

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete generally told guys they shouldn't leave early unless they were pretty much a lock to go first at their position in the draft.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":13jeqejc said:
EastCoastHawksFan":13jeqejc said:
I think it's time to get a Browner Jersey

I beat you to it. I got mine 2 weeks ago after watching the LOB highlight after I just had 4 Mannys.

If you chose to buy a BROWNER jersey despite all the other deserving glamour boys on this team, you have my respect.

Latest posts