Aaaaaaaand Babs is back. Sorta ;)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Romo scored, or at least gets the first down if Babs doesn't make that diving tackle.
Yep, worst thing that could have happened was a first down. They get a first down they could melt the clock and kick the chip shot FG with little time left. They score a TD Matty had a minute plus to lead us down for the winning score.

keasley45

Reaction score
Everybody forgets the tackle Tatupu made at the 2 to force the FG. Was basically a 1v1 goal line / 3rd down stand ( before his teammates helped finish the tackle). Had they made the 1st, they could have run down the clock.

Two of the best back to back score stopping / game clinching plays you'll ever see.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Everybody forgets the tackle Tatupu made at the 2 to force the FG. Was basically a 1v1 goal line / 3rd down stand ( before his teammates helped finish the tackle). Had they made the 1st, they could have run down the clock.

Two of the best back to back score stopping / game clinching plays you'll ever see.

thanks for posing that!

holy crap that was a throwback for me. my entire family watched that game on a 14 inch TV in our room in Jamaica in 06.

Al and Madden sound so young there! Jesus - it was nice to see hass slinging. I'm gonna have to go back and watch some more stuff from that period.

OMG - thanks again. That was awesome. 51 is still my wife's fav after all these years.

nice.

BASF

Reaction score
thanks for posing that!

holy crap that was a throwback for me. my entire family watched that game on a 14 inch TV in our room in Jamaica in 06.

Al and Madden sound so young there! Jesus - it was nice to see hass slinging. I'm gonna have to go back and watch some more stuff from that period.

OMG - thanks again. That was awesome. 51 is still my wife's fav after all these years.

nice.
Well he was a handsome guy.

keasley45

Reaction score
thanks for posing that!

nice.
No problem.

Yeah. I forgot how good Hass was in his prime and when he was on. Before his knee injury, the dude had great pocket presence and could sling the ball with the best of them.

Somehow, I fell asleep during that game. I was in and out during our go ahead drive, and woke up on the 3rd down play where Tatupu saved the game. Then, still in a daze, thought I was dreaming when Romo botched the FG and Babs won the game for us.

I'd dvrd it so right after the telecast, I rewatched what I'd missed and realized just how great an ending it was.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
No problem.

Yeah. I forgot how good Hass was in his prime and when he was on. Before his knee injury, the dude had great pocket presence and could sling the ball with the best of them.

Somehow, I fell asleep during that game. I was in and out during our go ahead drive, and woke up on the 3rd down play where Tatupu saved the game. Then, still in a daze, thought I was dreaming when Romo botched the FG and Babs won the game for us.

I'd dvrd it so right after the telecast, I rewatched what I'd missed and realized just how great an ending it was.
it was f'ing awesome. We were all 1/2 baked at the time and couldn't believe what we were seeing.

When they missed the FG - we went NUTS.

Jesus. Can't believe that was 15 years ago.