Pro Football Focus - Top 101 players of 2012

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Seahawks tied the Broncos for 2nd place for most players from a team on the list with 6 players. San Francisco had 13 players on the list, by far the most. (But, they still lost the Super Bowl, teehee.)

I can't argue with who we have on there. Our highest player is Richard Sherman, at #5. Congrats, Sherm! Remember, this is their list of the top 101 players regardless of position.

5. Richard Sherman, CB, Seattle Seahawks
23. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
35. Max Unger, C, Seattle Seahawks
40. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks
55. Russell Okung, LT, Seattle Seahawks
61. Bobby Wagner, LB, Seattle Seahawks

Look at Wilson, #23. For comparison's sake against our NFC West rival, Kaepernick is on the list, but came in at #81. Wilson was the 5th-ranked QB on the list, and Sherman was the #1 CB.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... full-list/

themunn

Reaction score
On Wagner:

Key Stat: His 14.4 Run Stop Percentage was the best of all inside linebackers.

Funny, I thought people were saying he was weak against the run.

Also:

"...who would finish the year our highest ranked middle linebacker."

Then why didn't he top the list?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Patrick Willis was the one LB above Wagner in the NFL by their ranking, but he's not a middle linebacker.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
seems interesting that basically the 49ers whole O-line is on the list considering Kaepernick/Smith combined to get sacked 40 times, 7 more times than Wilson. Seattle slightly edged the 49ers in rushing yards as well.

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
I don't see Earl Thomas on that list?

Lame that one of, if not the best, free safety in the league isn't on the list.

I call BS on that!!!

Hawknballs

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":px7l502m said:
The Seahawks ran the ball 536 times for 4.8 YPC. The 49ers ran it 492 times for 5.1 YPC.

hawks also had a stretch of 3 games where they were blowing out their opponents by halftime and were going to predictably run the ball.

hawker84

Reaction score
So there are 39 players in the league better than Lynch? find that hard to believe...

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jesus, some of you guys are hard to please. A couple of things to keep in mind:

1) This is based solely on 2012 performance. How good you've been in the past, or your future upside; these things are irrelevant.

2) Remember, our offense sucked for much of the first half of the season. We were all conservative, holding Wilson back, running a bunch of times for very little yardage because defenses were stacking the box, etc. We only had a juggernaut offense later in the season.

3) Hawker84, Lynch had a great year; but what do you find so offensive/hard to believe that PFF has him rated as the 4th best RB in the NFL for 2012?

4) Earl Thomas did not have a great year, IMO. Remember how many interceptions he dropped, for instance? Maybe Kearly/Scotte can chime in on this one?

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'm glad that 1) RGIII is ranked below RW and 2) Andrew Luck is no where on that list.

hawker84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bbhxopf said:
Jesus, some of you guys are hard to please. A couple of things to keep in mind:

1) This is based solely on 2012 performance. How good you've been in the past, or your future upside; these things are irrelevant.

2) Remember, our offense sucked for much of the first half of the season. We were all conservative, holding Wilson back, running a bunch of times for very little yardage because defenses were stacking the box, etc. We only had a juggernaut offense later in the season.

3) Hawker84, Lynch had a great year; but what do you find so offensive/hard to believe that PFF has him rated as the 4th best RB in the NFL for 2012?4)

Earl Thomas did not have a great year, IMO. Remember how many interceptions he dropped, for instance? Maybe Kearly/Scotte can chime in on this one?
my eyeballs told me he was the second best RB in the league that's what.. F**k stats.. Name a back other the AP better last year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Really surprised they graded Alfred Morris ahead of Lynch. Morris is a scheme back. Shanahan has made an entire career out of turning no-name players into 1,000-yard rushers with the help of his blocking schemes. There's no way he's as successful with any other team.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawker84":3l9c170x said:
my eyeballs told me he was the second best RB in the league that's what.. F**k stats.. Name a back other the AP better last year.

I remember a great body of work by Lynch last year. I also remember crucial turnovers from him in both of our playoff games. You seem awfully desperate for him to be the de facto #2 back in the league, though. C.J. Spiller had a 6.0 YPC year. More than 20% more yards per carry than Lynch. He had 1,244 yards last year on only 207 carries. That is incredible. Stop being such a homer, IMO...

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
Thomas did drop several interceptions last year, that's true. However, I don't think that should have kept him off the list. He covers the field better than any other safety IMO. And because of his speed and instincts he definitely impacts the way an offense can attack us. Plus he's very strong in run support especially for his size.

I don't know. His name just jumped out at me as being absent when I saw the list. I know I'm biased as hell towards my Seahawks but I can't think of any other safety I'd rather have patrolling 'centerfield' than Earl Thomas.

Hopefully he's working on catching the ball a little better this off season!!! 8)

Just my two cents!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The problem with Thomas is that his role on our defense doesn't show up in stats. There isn't a "free safeties that are abandoned by their defense in the backfield because they can get away with it" stat. I'd say Thomas is underrated in terms of this list, but trying to prove why is tricky.

hawker84

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1fdt2a10 said:
hawker84":1fdt2a10 said:

I remember a great body of work by Lynch last year. I also remember crucial turnovers from him in both of our playoff games. You seem awfully desperate for him to be the de facto #2 back in the league, though. C.J. Spiller had a 6.0 YPC year. More than 20% more yards per carry than Lynch. He had 1,244 yards last year on only 207 carries. That is incredible. Stop being such a homer, IMO...

uh huh great stats.. and i'd still take lynch last year over every back other than AP.. those stats mean jack to me... and to call me desperate and or a homer is laughable.. not quite as laughable as your post though. hope i didn't mispell anything :shock:

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawker84":1bzumer0 said:
uh huh great stats.. and i'd still take lynch last year over every back other than AP.. those stats mean jack to me... and to call me desperate and or a homer is laughable.. not quite as laughable as your post though. hope i didn't mispell anything :shock:

Stop making it personal. It's fine if you'd take Lynch over anybody not named AP. I'd take Spiller, to be honest. I love me some Beast Mode, but I don't think he's quite the 2nd-best back in the league.

(Also, don't worry; you weren't in any danger of coming close to having a grammatically correct sentence in your post.)

cvcahawk

Reaction score
The fact that this list is based on measurables is what kept Earl off of the list. His fellow players and the league and media in general know him. That is why he was first team All Pro.

Latest posts