Pete Carroll Question

BASF

Reaction score
Early last week while the analysts were debating our game against the Redskins or perhaps it was during one of the games (the memory is saying it was Collinsworth on Sunday Night Football that said it), it was mentioned that Pete Carroll stated that there was no reason we would ever have to lose again. Of course the analysts all had a good chuckle. So, my question is does anyone know where or when Pete said this? I am positive that it wasn't an exact quote, but I would love to hear the interview if it's out there somewhere. I also may make a Sig for it if I can find an exact quote.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
No, it was recently that he said it. Can't remember when exactly but I'm thinking after the Bears game

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete said it last year after the Giants game. It's his way of telling the team that they know how to win now.
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 15b022c1d8

He said the same thing to his USC players after they defeated Arizona in Pete's first season because he felt they'd reached a turning point. The big play in that game was a pick six by Kris Richard.
[youtube]x7ma7gENaHM[/youtube]

SharkHawk

Reaction score
He is right. Once you learn how to win, you have no excuse to do anything else. I've been on teams that were "losers" and then found the guts to win and have gone on tears. In little league of all places... we lost all the games my first year. I think my coach really sucked. Then as I got older I ended up on better and better teams, to the point where I went 5 or 6 straight years without losing a game (right up until my last game in high school, which we did lose... but I gave it everything and then some batting .800 in the playoffs and .725 and winning the batting title in league). It was pretty cool. Winning is contagious. Sorry, the only thing I have to brag about in my life. I had a good swing. :)