Will the Seahawks be Jet Lagged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowert

Reaction score
I was browsing the enemy fan forums and stumbled on this thread:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/ ... -fly-home/

Some Falcons fan brought up the fact that the Hawks will have flown 12,000 miles in about a week, through six time zones. I didn't think about this much, but it could be a factor in their performance. Its going to be 10am local time, the time they're all adjusted to come kick-off...

Does anyone think this may affect the boys this Sunday? When are they flying down to Atlanta?

One of the fans on that forum also took a cheap shot at Sherman, lol!

I wouldn't worry too much about them not being ready because of the 10am their time kickoff. Between caffeine and smelling salts (and probably a few other things [looking at you Sherman]) they'll be up for the game.

Smartass punk, haha..

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
No, The time zones are not far enough apart to make a difference. East Coast isn't a big deal....Europe would be. They will be fine.

OP
OP
Zowert

Zowert

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3o96mue6 said:
No, The time zones are not far enough apart to make a difference. East Coast isn't a big deal....Europe would be. They will be fine.

Yeah I never had a problem when I flew east and lost three hours. But yet, I didn't have an important playoff game to play. So... You never know.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I wonder what their excuse will be when the Hawks pound on them. Even if the Hawks lose they are younger than Atl. and more able to survive the time zone changes.

If the Hawks can win this game on the road then wit doesn't matter which of SF or GB survives the Seahawks will be ready for them.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jet lag within the continental United States is psychosomatic.

No different from staying up 3 hours later on a Friday night than usual, and sleeping in 3 hours later. People do it every weekend and they're fine. Jet lag going from the coast to coast in the U.S. only affects you if you think it will.

-Someone that has flown a good number of times from Seattle to Miami.

drdiags

Reaction score
The NFL didn't like East coast teams making back-to-back West coast trips during the regular season, so there is some validity about it impacting the team. It is post-season and they have no choice but to deal with it. It is an excuse one can use to feel better after a loss but that is about all you can say about this.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
If thats what they think will help them win...theyre worried.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":155umrac said:
If thats what they think will help them win...theyre worried.

Falcons fans are terrified inside because they've yet to win a playoff game with their QB, despite being in them 3 times. If we make it a 4th one-and-done for the Falcons, they will hate us. A lot. Their tears nourish me.

taz291819

Reaction score
As long as they fly out Friday, they'll be fine.

The good thing about it being an early game, is that they'll make it back to Seattle that night at a pretty decent time.

The Radish

Reaction score
Being discussed here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=62722

BTW I used to fly Spokane to east coast frequently working and it always raised hell with me. Felt loggy and uncomfortable for a day. Even visiting our kids in Florida.

So for those of you that it doesn't bother, that's what it means. But there are just as many that it raises hell with.

:les:

Status
Not open for further replies.