How many of you witnessed both playoff road victory's?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • 1983, sitting on the couch with three friends while the Hawks played Miami. We all said if the Hawks come back and win, we were going to drive to LA for the Championship game.

2013, finally got to see another road playoff win, whew, 30 yrs in the making.
    "A superstar can win any game; however, a team can win every game".
    Renohawk
    NET Starter

• Ha! I, too, have witnessed both wins.

Was just a whipper snapper and just started to "seriously" watch football.

I remember my Dad jumping all over the place, watching our 3 channel console TV.
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• 1983, fresh from the womb, I was there in some sort of way haha
    HawksFan83
    NET Practice Squad

• I was 2 months old when that game happened.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• I did but I honestly don't remember the details, only the replays we all see. I was a wee lad and the idea of girls suddenly made me feel tingly. Needless to say my attention was focused elsewhere.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I have watched both as well.
    I am a firm believer in luck, and I found that the harder I work the more I have of it.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• I saw them both too! It was a childhood friend who turned me on to the Hawks and it was that game that hooked me.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

• Oh yeah
    Hendo66
    NET Starter

• More than those TDs they showed on that quick highlight during the game, I remember a long Kreig to Largent completion setting up the go ahead TD. Didnt Miami fumble the kickoff after to seal it?
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• I was 27 at the time and watched it with a guy who is my best buddy 29 years later. At that time we had only known each other about 3 or 4 months. When they showed the highlights from that game today I texted him and asked him "what were you and I doing during that game?" and he said: "hanging over but celebrating a helluva win". He was right on both accounts. Of course in those days getting over a night of too much indulgance was a fairly quick process.

HawkRiderFan wrote:More than those TDs they showed on that quick highlight during the game, I remember a long Kreig to Largent completion setting up the go ahead TD. Didnt Miami fumble the kickoff after to seal it?

I remember the long completion to Largent but not the fumbled kickoff. But like I said above, the day is a bit fuzzy...... :D
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I watched both. I still have my original video tape of the 83 game against the Phins. I need to convert that to DVD before it wears out!

It was awesome. My parents loaded us into the car and we spent New Year's Eve at the airport welcoming the hawks home. I remember my brother giving Reggie McKenzie a five at Sea-Tac. It was one of the most awesome days of my life. Great times great times. I loved it and will never forget either game.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• I am much, much younger, and much, much better looking, than Todd but I have about the same recollection as him.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I sure did, it was on at my house and I became a Seahawks fan at 8 years old. 30 years lateral I'm still here. Hell yeah!
    5280Hawk
    NET Veteran

• At the time, it was epic win, beating the mighty Dan Marino and the great WR's Mark Clayton and Mark Duper, and the killer B's defense. Seattle did in the 4th quarter recover two fumbles in back to back kickoffs and scored 10 pts in a 22 second span, amazing.
    "A superstar can win any game; however, a team can win every game".
    Renohawk
    NET Starter

• In 1983 I was 12 and at a church function huddled around a boombox listening to the game. We, all of us huddled around the radio, got a little talking to about that ... but it was such a half hearted scolding because everybody wanted to know the score.
    madbohem
    NET Rookie

• Tech Worlds wrote:I am much, much younger, and much, much better looking, than Todd but I have about the same recollection as him.

You shut your whore mouth.

Les "The Radish" Norton - Ambassador/Grandfather of .NET, gone too soon but will never be forgotten. RIP
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• I have witnessed both games. I was in my twenties in 1983
    warden
    NET Veteran

• I remember jumping up and running around the room like a madman when Curt Warner scooted in to the endzone around the right side. That game was a battle. It was rattling my nerves like crazy and I was only ten years old. I didn't even sit down. I literally paced back and forth in our family room and watched the game. It was brutal. But the end result was pure awesomeness.
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *

• That was a great game. I always thought it was so cool that our QB was from "Tiny Milton college." How in the hell did the Seahawks find him?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• CRAP i was 27..... guess that makes me an old fart huh? But a fricking extatic old fart.
    12th Man: Cant be cut, wont be traded, will NEVER retire!
    Dirtball
    NET Rookie

• I was 24, father of two, Navy veteran, and civilian nuclear plant operator living in SoCal. Damn, it hurt when we lost to the ray-duhs the next game!
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Dirtball wrote:CRAP i was 27..... guess that makes me an old fart huh? But a fricking extatic old fart.

See my post a couple above yours. I was also 27 and yeah my friend we are freakin' old.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I do not envy you old farts...I was -2 years old the last tight we won a road playoff game.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• I was living on the north side of Queen Anne hill, one block up from the 318 tavern. Damn they had some good burgers at the time. I know it was a helluva game, but particulars are a little hazy now.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Remember watching the 1983 game with my Dad in the living room. Both games .were the coolest.
    morgulon1
    NET Veteran

• As a just turned 18 year old full fledged 100% Seahawk fan and season ticket holder with my folks, we were very much into that game at home in front of the TV. And up until that moment and for quite some time after (NFC Championship game), it was the single greatest franchise game. No one, and I mean no one expected us to come away with a victory. I still have in my possession, the VHS tape of that game....and it will always be so. Go Hawks!
    Twitter: @NWSeahawk
    impacthawk
    * NET Alumni *

• 20 years old sitting with my future ex father in-law in Vancouver WA. He is a huge Fins fan and I don't remember why but I do remember always trying to convert him over. Anyway the win gave me bragging rights at the fishing hole for a while. But he never passes up the opportunity to give me crap when we look bad. Haven't heard from him in a while...
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

• Just thought of another parallel with that 83 and the one today. We beat the hotshot rookie QB who took the NFL by storm in that playoff game. Granted there were a few of them this year, but this year also we beat a hotshot rookie QB who took the NFL by storm.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Starter

• I didn't actually see it live, but I "witnessed" it in a sense. I had to listen to the 1983 game on the radio because my family was on a vacation in California (in a station wagon, just like the Griswolds).
    Boiler
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I remember the 1983 divisional playoff game very well. The game before it was our first playoff game in franchise history where we beat the Broncos in the Kingdome during Elway's rookie season, 31-17. Then went out to Miami and beat the heavily favored Dolphins, led by Marino (and Mark Duper and Clayton) - we came from behind and won when Krieg hit Largent on that long fade route followed by Warner's skirt around right tackle.

I watched that game dozens of times when I was a teenager because we had a Sony Betamax and I had it recorded - used to pause it and try to take pictures of the still frames, lol. I also remember the crazy catch Duper had when it bounced off Shelton Robinson's chest and landed in Duper's arms.

Largent's 4th quarter catch is still one of the most exciting plays in Seahawks history, to me at least.
    Austin Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Just out of the the Navy...
    23 years old and living in Texas...
    We were having a bar-b-que that day...
    I was the only one watching the game...
    Had a fine Latina lass wanting to play...
    Room mate got her instead...
    And her STD's...
    Ah memories.
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

• I was ten listening to it on the radio in my bed room since no one in my family cared. Even though I grew up south of Seattle my brother is a huge Bronco fan and my dad is a big Viking fan. That was one of many games listened to on the radio back then. Often I'd have to sneak them in because my mom wouldn't let us watch football on Sunday as it is our Sabbath Day. Makes me appreciate my 60 inch HDTV with Surround in my Hawk Cave that much more:)
    Timberhawk
    NET Rookie

• Wartooth wrote:Just out of the the Navy...
    23 years old and living in Texas...
    We were having a bar-b-que that day...
    I was the only one watching the game...
    Had a fine Latina lass wanting to play...
    Room mate got her instead...
    And her STD's...
    Ah memories.

Let this be a cautionary tale all you youngsters, being a Seahawks fan is always the righteous path.
    Last edited by hawksfansinceday1 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• I was 22 and watched it with 4 of my buddies at my apartment near Sea-Tac airport, The Olympic View apartments, now gone. I went to Sea Tac to welcome the Hawks home after they lost to Oakland in the AFCCG. That's where I heard Reggie Mckenzie bellow out that he was "proud. Damn proud to be a Seahawk". Awesomesauce!

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• I watched both. I was 27 going on 28. Hope I don't have to wait another 29 years to see the next one.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I was working on a cousins ranch in Montana when I saw that game.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• I was 24 and it was my first year with season tickets. Great year to get them. Of course I saw it on TV. Lived in Oregon at the time.
    Beer. Its just not for breakfast anymore!
    HawkRedhooker
    NET Bench Warmer

• Yup I was 20 something LOVED IT then LOVE IT NOW!
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran

• I moved to Seattle in 83 when I was 28 and adopted the Hawks as my team. With Curt Warner running like that, I figured there would be many more playoff victories.
    godawg
    NET Starter

• remember it well. I was on the 50 yard line in the game when we destoyed Denver in our first home playoff win. I was at my home the next week when I watched us beat the fins. Man it was great. But I hated the next weekend when we lost to my old fan team (was a raiders fan till the hawks came into the league) and forever did not want the raiders again. Oh that was a tough time becuase shit happened from then on.
    Member of 38 Plus club. Seahawks + PC/JS + Russell Wilson = Superbowl XLVIII +
    rainger
    NET Veteran

• I was -2, and I sincerely hope I'm not on here 29 years from now talking about this god damn game.
    seahawk2k
    NET Veteran

• I was 2 years old at the time of the first road win, so nopes. I became a fan at around 6 years old, and have been die hard ever since though.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• I was in my first year of college home for Christmas vacation. I very much remember how excited we were not only that we had finally made the playoffs but then to beat the Dolphins who were heavily favored.
    baumer64
    NET Rookie

• 11 years old. Spent the night at a friends house who had (at the time) a big screen tv. One of those projector ones with the blue, green, and red lights. Woke up and watched the game. I'll have forever ingrained in my memory the players hoisting Chuck into the air on their shoulders. What a great memory. It was tough to lose the next week to a team we had beaten twice already.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• I did, but I was 6 at the time of the first. I listened to all the games, knew the players, but probably didn't really understand the significance of the games. All I understood about playoffs at that point was, win or go home. Losing meant I didn't get to listen to the Hawks on Sunday afternoons...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

• I was 16 at the time. Couldn't believe we beat the FIns. They were supposed to be the golden boys and we stripped them of that. I think football is more exciting now. I was a hawks fan in Maryland at the time. Tough to get info before cable and the net (yes kiddies there was football and life before cable and the net:) Now I can watch highlights anytime, see interviews, get hyped up wit Rob Report, get more gear and share it with my family. If memory serves correct the Fins got us back the next year.
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Rookie

• I was 13 and watching it from the midwest. I guess I was a bandwagoner as it was those playoffs in which I started following the seahawks thanks to my Uncle from Tacoma. I got hooked hard despite the ups and downs through out the years from that team from across the country in the great northwest. :th2thumbs:
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:
    Dirtball wrote:CRAP i was 27..... guess that makes me an old fart huh? But a fricking extatic old fart.

See my post a couple above yours. I was also 27 and yeah my friend we are freakin' old.

I enjoyed the hell out of both games too. I was only 25 for the last one. I'm glad I'm not old like you guys.
    birdman5
    NET Rookie

• I saw them both... ecstatic when we beat Miami, po'ed when we lost to raiders and had to watch Washington and Oakland play while my wife was in labor I the hospital . She was born hours later.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran

• I was 11 in 1983; my folks had season tickets. I remember they were gone on Christmas eve for the Denver WC game. We watched the Miami game from a friends house- they had a big party at their house. A lot of my friends were there also. It was CRAZY in that house during the game. I don't remember a single play from the game, I just remember the party, all these adults and kids going nuts as we beat the Dolphins. Been 100% balls deep with the Hawks since that season.
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information