Concerned about PC's game management in the playoffs?

kmedic

Reaction score
1 overturned challenge out of 5 this season. Most of his lost challenges by the way have been obvious. A couple of dumb onside kicks that have backfired. So far nothing has really come back to haunt us and resulted in a loss but I am a little concerned Pete is gonna get "hormonal" again in the playoffs. A lost timeout could end up being crucial at the end of one of these games....

Rainger

Reaction score
kmedic":g69rcfhm said:
1 overturned challenge out of 5 this season. Most of his lost challenges by the way have been obvious. A couple of dumb onside kicks that have backfired. So far nothing has really come back to haunt us and resulted in a loss but I am a little concerned Pete is gonna get "hormonal" again in the playoffs. A lost timeout could end up being crucial at the end of one of these games....
MEH

Soppie

Reaction score
He just finished the regular season with an 11-5 record.....Im okay with his game management

acbass

Reaction score
That onside kick was fine. We kicked off with a 15 yard advantage because of a penalty. If Kam waits one more second, he easily recovers and Pete looks like a genius. I like the quote about him winning 11 games. Pete obviously knows what he is doing. In 3 years he turned us into this monster. There is not a person on earth I want more than Pete leading us into the playoffs.

Rainger

Reaction score
acbass":3pvi3zbw said:
That onside kick was fine. We kicked off with a 15 yard advantage because of a penalty. If Kam waits one more second, he easily recovers and Pete looks like a genius. I like the quote about him winning 11 games. Pete obviously knows what he is doing. In 3 years he turned us into this monster. There is not a person on earth I want more than Pete leading us into the playoffs.
:13: :13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

leea35

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, one of those challenges he actually knew he would lose, but went for it anyway to buy some time. I cannot remember what game that was, but if I remember, it was a pretty good idea at the time.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
acbass":2ysq8g95 said:
My name is Sprfunk and I approve of this message.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think it was a 3rd down pass to Miller (late 2nd qtr) that got (IMO) a really bad spot. I felt Pete should have challenged the spot. It was a big play at that time of the game. instead we punted and minutes later went to the half with a challenge and 2 time outs. I think we were fortunate Stl failed to score (FG?). Whether he's won 11 games or 18, under the circumstances, it wasn't smart football.

I'm a big advocate of punting for field position, but I am borderline on not kicking those FGs in today's first half. Especially at home.

The on-side kick was a no-brainer. I was shocked Stl wasn't better prepared. From the 50, I would onside kick every time without even hiding the fact.

I'm not down on Pete...just the opposite (I think he's COY). I mention the above merely for the sake of conversation. We won. I'm happy.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2ulw5ic5 said:
:229031_banghead:

Some fans are never satisfied

The fans of the '72 Phins are the only fans that should be 100% satisfied.

acbass

Reaction score
Sprfunk":3i8mr95x said:
acbass":3i8mr95x said:
My name is Sprfunk and I approve of this message.
I approve you approving! Ha. On to the playoffs!

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkWow":3p05myp4 said:
I think it was a 3rd down pass to Miller (late 2nd qtr) , .

I wasn't able to watch the game an YET I know that

1) this was within 2 min to end the half

2) You can't challenge within 2 min of end of either half

Next

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm not concerned about Papa Pete, but I'm damned sure concerned about whoever in the booth is telling him to challenge in many of these situations. Though, I think today's was just for an extra-long timeout, lol. If so, pure brilliance.

Taking this long to change up our play calling will kill is in the playoffs, though. Of that, I have no doubt. We were very slow to respond when the Rams were clearly winning against us in multiple facets.

acbass

Reaction score
The thing about the challenge is that it wasn't a 100% wrong. They did move the ball, just not far enough. Apparently you must win both parts. It wasnt a complete loss, I suppose, but really, what is the league average on getting plays over turned? It can't be very high.

HawkWow

Reaction score
mikeak":14e3eter said:
HawkWow":14e3eter said:
I think it was a 3rd down pass to Miller (late 2nd qtr) , .

I wasn't able to watch the game an YET I know that

1) this was within 2 min to end the half

2) You can't challenge within 2 min of end of either half

Next

I did forget that stupid ass rule. But thanks for sharing your apparent super human powers.

Exittium

Reaction score
I like Trufant but i really think... trufant doesn't have the speed for the coverage we're gunna need into the playoffs. It was nice seeing him playtoday but watching he wasn't keeping up as much as he used to.

olyfan63

Reaction score
leea35":12rdoj8a said:
If I remember correctly, one of those challenges he actually knew he would lose, but went for it anyway to buy some time. I cannot remember what game that was, but if I remember, it was a pretty good idea at the time.

I thought the spot challenge by Pete was brilliant because it sucked up a lot of time, disrupted Rams momentum, and gave our D a chance to rest.
It was like a 5-minute interruption. Pete challenged at the last possible moment.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That on side kick was the perfect call! It would have worked great too if Kam hadn't gotten overly excited. There wasn't a Ram within 10 yards of that ball, or Kam.

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkWow":1lngrili said:
I did forget that stupid ass rule. But thanks for sharing your apparent super human powers.

Actually pretty simple it is called scorecenter and gamecast and this forum.

Read about the play being short on scorecenter, knew it was within 2 minutes, saw the posts on the forum complaining about Miller and posted that it was within 2 mins......