Did the Niners win, or did Seattle beat themselves?

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Whenever we've beaten an opponent this year that we were projected to lose to, the emphasis wasn't on what we did right, but what the other team did wrong. With last nights game and all the missed opportunities, is it being spoken of in the same regards? Did the Niners win the game, or did Seattle give it away?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Most remember the 2nd half more so than the first half... and SF pretty much owned us in the 2nd half.

So, they beat us.

ensett

Reaction score
A little bit of both, I definitely think it's only our fault we didn't win, but at the same time the 49ers earned it and i'll say they beat us

Ruminator

Reaction score
Both. 49ers won via line physicality. Seattle beat themselves via drops. Take away one, either one, outcome would likely have been different.

drdiags

Reaction score
Isn't this the same type of stuff fans here were claiming other teams fans do, yet here we are filing the same type of comment. SFran won. They kicked the run defense's butt. And they shut down our offense.

This reeks of sour grapes and should only apply if you are willing to accept that the other team lost more than your team won when the table is turned.

OP
OP
Mistashoesta

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
drdiags":8ip35h2l said:
Isn't this the same type of stuff fans here were claiming other teams fans do, yet here we are filing the same type of comment. SFran won. They kicked the run defense's butt. And they shut down our offense.

This reeks of sour grapes and should only apply if you are willing to accept that the other team lost more than your team won when the table is turned.

I'm not whining, just wanted to gauge what the overall mentality on .NET is after the game. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. This I understand.

EDIT: Should've made it a poll question. Don't know how to do that.

morgulon1

Reaction score
It's not sour grapes Dr Diags. Most everyone on this thread has owned the fact SF won. If you break down the two halves , we owned them and failed to capitalize on opportunities (ala "let em off the hook") when we had the chance. They came out and made adjustments and are now 5-2.

two dog

Reaction score
Saying we "gave it away" or "let them win" sounds like what our
opponents say when the Hawks win.

It's simple, on the only level that counts, the team with more points wins.

Remember tho old one about why one side of a "V" of flying geese is longer
than the other: It has more geese in it.

Same with points: count 'em up and you've got your winner.

two dog

Reaction score
easy to see, I don't know what I'm doing or I wouldn't double post when I meant
to edit by adding one line.

I am heartily sorry.

MrCarey

Reaction score
They scored a TD and we didn't. Sounds like a win from the Niners, IMO.

Young2Rice

Reaction score
You got beat, but not as bad as some of you are saying.

SEA is a good team being held back by two things, which are kind of related. Pete Carrol and Russel Wilson.

pinksheets

Reaction score
We beat ourselves the 1st half, they beat us the 2nd. Game should've been out of control with that 9ers fanbase completely out of it by the end of the half without those drops.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Young2Rice":2v0df749 said:
You got beat, but not as bad as some of you are saying.

SEA is a good team being held back by two things, which are kind of related. Pete Carrol and Russel Wilson.

Sorry, but you are wrong. We got beat by dropped passes and a bit of a fatigued defense (playing the fast paced Pats and hen the Niners on 3 days rest). If those passes weren't dropped we have a completely different game.

I do not think it is fair to single out Wilson on this game.

The Niners beat us fair and square, no shame in it. However, they didn't outclass us. We are closing the gap.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
No doubt a little or lot of both but in the end it really does not matter....they won and we lost, end of story.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We beat the holy hell out of ourselves in the first half, allowing SF to beat us up in the second half. Pretty simple. You don't have 4 (5?) well-thrown passes get dropped for no reason, and get away with no consequences. Not against a good defense, anyways.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2z100i9h said:
We beat the holy hell out of ourselves in the first half, allowing SF to beat us up in the second half. Pretty simple. You don't have 4 (5?) well-thrown passes get dropped for no reason, and get away with no consequences. Not against a good defense, anyways.

Bingo.

mistaowen

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":vfcalh5t said:

Excactly. When you play a great defense, you can't make bonehead plays and expect to win. We tore it up in the first half but frequently shot ourselves in our collective feet. Their D will bend every once in awhile, and if you don't take advantage of it, you don't deserve to win.

After we let them back into the game, they took over and didn't look back. Excactly what a good team should do.

Starrman44

Reaction score
mistaowen":5ijxpccx said:
RolandDeschain":5ijxpccx said:

Excactly. When you play a great defense, you can't make bonehead plays and expect to win. We tore it up in the first half but frequently shot ourselves in our collective feet. Their D will bend every once in awhile, and if you don't take advantage of it, you don't deserve to win.

After we let them back into the game, they took over and didn't look back. Excactly what a good team should do.

Absolutely. If we had connected on those passes, I, for one wouldn't be telling Niner fans, "ya'll aren't as bad as you think. It's only your head coach and quarterback holding you back" when they still have a winning record and a shot at a good season.

I haven't seen anything out of Harbaugh that tells me he's a better coach that Pete Carroll. Carroll won more in college. Stanford had a very good quarterback and a shutdown corner on their team that Harbaugh buried in the depth chart because he disliked the kid for whatever reason.

I don't need some Niner fan in our forum telling me that we are losing because of our coach and rookie quarterback. I'll take Wilson over Alex Smith any day.

Harbaugh was handed a roster that had elite talent on it already. All he had to do was give it some direction. Pete has completely overhauled this roster and we have been seriously in every game this season. It's come down each game to the players ability to execute a catch in two games (Niners and Cards) and we could point to a few things in St. Louis. For me, I don't blame Pete Carroll. I think he has done a great job this season. Also, I don't blame our rookie quarterback, especially since we just wanted him to manage games this year anyway. He has exceeded my expectations and I expect him to only get better as the season goes.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
we only lost by 7. If Turbin makes that catch Marshawn puts it in the end zone right there. so yeah, we shot ourselvs that time.