4th timeout

rcaido

Reaction score
On that play w/ Ursua cathing the 1st down, why didn't the refs call timeout for the Seahawks when Fant was down. By rule, they have to call that timeout when there is a potential hurt player no matter what. They cant make that judgement call if he is faking.

Would have given us 1st down w/ 25seconds to go after the 10sec runoff.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
rcaido":q17ml1xi said:
On that play w/ Ursua cathing the 1st down, why didn't the refs call timeout for the Seahawks when Fant was down. By rule, they have to call that timeout when there is a potential hurt player no matter what. They cant make that judgement call if he is faking.

Would have given us 1st down w/ 25seconds to go after the 10sec runoff.
I had thought the same thing

OP
OP
rcaido

rcaido

Reaction score
i wonder if there will be in explanation to this. Player safety and all....

AgentDib

Reaction score
It was an unfortunate chain of events because they would have called the timeout and 10s runoff if Fant had stayed down. That would have been better for us in hindsight then the ensuing penalty, but I don't think you want to coach players to depend on the officials in that situation.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm just guessing here, as the cameras weren't showing it live, but Fant got up and ran down the field, so I'm thinking he started getting up before the refs could call the TO. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt there. I would have thought Fant could have stayed down, but maybe he didn't want to have to leave the game for a play? Hard to know for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
kidhawk":58hpvl5r said:
I'm just guessing here, as the cameras weren't showing it live, but Fant got up and ran down the field, so I'm thinking he started getting up before the refs could call the TO. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt there. I would have thought Fant could have stayed down, but maybe he didn't want to have to leave the game for a play? Hard to know for sure.

Isn't there rule we have to use a time out there also, prevents fake injury delays (Joe Nash) thinking of you rule. If we didn't have a time out then we get a penalty for an extra time out and clock run off also.

Oh and player has to exit field for one play.

Fanatics

Reaction score
At the time, I thought it was the right call to get on the ball and spike it. Now in hindsight, the 4th timeout would of been the best, as I believe the 49ers would of used a TO to stop the clock anyway instead of the 10 second runoff.