What would it take for Wilson to win MVP?

Mick063

Reaction score
Does Mahomes have to get injured?

Does Carroll have to change the offense to be more pass orientated? Perhaps forced into it anyway because the defense is not consistently strong?

Does Metcalf have to quickly mature into one of the league's top wideouts?

Does Dissly have to stay healthy?

Does Seattle have to win the NFC West?

Do all of the above have to happen?

Lockett is probably the only thing we can hang our hat on at the moment with regard to consistent reliability to help the cause.

Is it way to early to have this discussion? Or.....for Russell to have a realistic chance, does the discussion have to start now? In other words, does the lobbying have to start early and often?

TreeRon

Reaction score
A near perfect passer rating and a Super Bowl win. Oh, and he'd have to wear lifts in his cleats.

Erebus

Reaction score
I think it will take a first round bye and leading the league in two of these three stats: passing TDs, passing yards (meaningless but voters care), and passer rating.

Erebus

Reaction score
TreeRon":2lixfknw said:
A near perfect passer rating and a Super Bowl win. Oh, and he'd have to wear lifts in his cleats.

Voting happens at the end of the regular season. Winning the Super Bowl would be irrelevant.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If RW keeps playing as he has..How can he not win?
The no interceptions is impressive and he seems to
have found his running mojo..Qb rating is great.
Keep it going and he'll win easy.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah first round bye, Mahomes slipping a little and the same pace he's on.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Mahomes would need to be injured.

To me this award is highly just a popularity contest anyways.

We here know how important RW is to the team, but Mahomes plays that chuck and duck style that seemingly is new age ball, his passing stats are off the charts comparatively. The voters don't look very deeply at which player is the most valuable to that player's team.

That said: RW is having a career year, so far and is 'The Man' with 4th quarter comebacks. I'd vote for him but I'm biased. I love Mahomes as a QB too, he's Favre reincarnated.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Play for any other team but Alaska. :laugh:

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Mahomes out for the season.

If PH puts up anywhere near similar numbers to Wilson he would win it over Wilson.

McGruff

Reaction score
Mahomes has to face plant.

He is the face of the new NFL and will be for the next 15 years. As long as he puts up deserving numbers, he will be tough for anyone to beat.

McGruff

Reaction score
IndyHawk":c73j036m said:
If RW keeps playing as he has..How can he not win?
The no interceptions is impressive and he seems to
have found his running mojo..Qb rating is great.
Keep it going and he'll win easy.

Guess who else has no interceptions.

xray

Reaction score
He would have to be on a championship caliber team to win that beauty contest now . IMO

Rat

Reaction score
Mahomes has to get hurt, or his gaudy stats need to at least stop leading to wins.

You can argue he has a better surrounding cast, but it's also undeniable that Mahomes is ridiculously good. No shame in being second to him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Play in Dallas, L. A market or New York, but they will give him the Mr. Congeniality award.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Russell could beat Mahomes in completion percentage, touchdowns, and overall efficiency. But he won’t beat Mahomes in yards, which, stupidly many fans and media seem to value.

The media is too deep into the Mahomes bandwagon to back off now :pukeface: . It won’t matter that:

A) Mahomes has never had to play behind a bad O-line
B) Mahomes would not perform as well under Schotty as he is under Andy Reid
C) The Chiefs were 4-0 and winning their division before Mahomes became the starter
D) The Chiefs have a better team top to bottom than the Seahawks. Arguably better defense, better O-line, better scheme, better weapons

The media will overlook all of that, and even if Wilson and Mahomes are neck and neck in TD passes, Mahomes will win it. People struggle to distinguish between a great talent and a great QB. Mahomes is a great talent, and may evolve into even more greatness. But Russell, and even Tom Brady are better QUARTERBACKS. Better at reading defenses, arguably more accurate, and have shown that they can carry a team no matter the circumstance

Seanhawk

Reaction score
First round bye, among the top two in TDs and passer rating, and continue to have monster games on primetime and he’s got a shot. Keep in mind, Mahomes might have the same resume though and will likely be #1 in TDs.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
TreeRon":1r63c16h said:

Yep.

I was watching First Take yesterday to torture myself. And Max Kellerman said that if Mahomes was on the Seahawks, the Seahawks would be BETTER. I almost fell out of my chair.

So Mahomes, behind our O-line, and with Schotty instead of Andy Reid (and I like Schotty but, Reid is a genius). -And without Travis Kelce. Yea...Mahomes would absolutely, without a doubt be better on our team.

LOL. Media bias is a real thing folks :lol:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Mahomie could hit 6000 yards if he stays healthy. People go nuts for those kind of stats.

Russ would have to throw close to zero INTs and keep his completion percentage where it is this whole season to swing votes.