Frank Clark to KC for a 1st and a 2nd!!

Seymour

Reaction score
To those that said we'd never get a 1st.....guess again!!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1120743061838024704[/tweet]

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Rapport just reported this is happening on NFLN. Have not seen it anywhere else yet.

James in PA

Reaction score
It sounds like the 2nd will be next year. We are gonna be loaded with draft picks next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BubbaGump

Reaction score
NFLN reporting breaking news that deal is done! Waiting for details

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
James in PA":2ud2b70m said:
It sounds like the 2nd will be next year. We are gonna be loaded with draft picks next year.

Yep...and I absolutely take that all day and twice on Sunday.

Seahawks saw it my way. Clark not worth elite $$ and this works great considering this years draft!!

BubbaGump

Reaction score
Bitter sweet but needed to get done. I really like Clark and wish him the best of luck except when playing the Hawks.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, pretty good haul there, even with the 2nd being 2020 and dropping down a few spots in the 3rd. Seymour, it seems you pretty well nailed the compensation for Clark on the head!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think it would actually get done. That is an acceptable haul for Clark, although I will be sad to not see him attacking QBs for the Hawks this year.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
pretty predictable - you just paid your QB, you need to pay other players. Clark has the most trade value and you don't have many picks this year. Kind of a no-brainer, the caveat was always finding a suitor.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Loved Clark but this was an offer we couldn't turn down. I feel like our window is more next season than this one when the Rams deal with cap implications.

Considering Kahlil Mack netted two first rounder and a third. A one and a two is a good haul for Frank.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":2v9x18p5 said:
Wow, pretty good haul there, even with the 2nd being 2020 and dropping down a few spots in the 3rd. Seymour, it seems you pretty well nailed the compensation for Clark on the head!

Thank you for noticing. I called a late 1st and a 3rd so not far off. I'm just excited we can sign Wagner and Reed as they both should come in sub $20M. Plus we got even younger here!!

This is how it all starts!!! :2thumbs:

James in PA

Reaction score
This was a Patriots type of move. We finally sold high.

Largent80

Reaction score
I LOVE it. Time for these players to realize that it's TEAM first. We're going to be fat in next years draft. And now we can trade 21 or 29 for picks this year. This is good. It'll hurt the pass rush but I have faith in our F.O.

j hawk

Reaction score
Thought about it all night and was hoping this would happen. Now the draft becomes more interesting.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kinda sad, but totally understandable. Sounds like Clark and his agent pushed hard to break the bank, and really left us no choice.

Which good for them I guess, but this still doesn't mean KC is going to give him 21-22M a year either. Just means they like Clark on their defense to replace Ford at 17M for one year as they go on another SB run.

So good value and deal for both sides IMO.

GLio14

Reaction score
I'm upset because Frank was a Hawk through and through. Man was just too good and priced himself out of Seattle. Damn shame, but I understand. He'll be sorely missed.

Needless to say, the return is pretty big so that's pretty cool.

sdog1981

Reaction score
If they can restock the draft picks for the next two seasons with this trade due to their ability to trade back. Picks 21-29 are when a team is looking to jump back into the first round with future 1st round picks.

Largent80

Reaction score
The meat and potatoes of this draft (especially for Seattle) is 2nd and 3rd round. So potentially they could trade down from 21 to get a 3rd and 4th.

This team needs depth, and now they can get Harry from AZ State at WR with 29...This is awesome.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
The draft just opened wide for the Hawks. I expect JS to trade at least one of these picks for more picks. Now which one will it be.