Are you worried, we could lose coordinators ?

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Given the quick turnaround after our new coordinators on offense and defense did an amazing job, are you concerned we might lose one or both (Offense and Defense)?

Black Monday/Sunday is in a few days. And teams are always looking to hire that hot coordinator, who was part of a successful program. I would be shocked, if none of our coordinators get interviews. Especially for teams looking to "Run the ball" more and play tough defense: Broncos (Joseph is gone), Dolphins (Gaze is most likely gone), Bills (McDermott is gone), Panthers, Bucs (Kotter is gone), Cardinals (their coach won't last ), ... and even the Steelers (Tomlin might be gone) could look at our coordinators.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think our def coordinator is safe for a few years. Being in Oakland didn’t help his cause for anything more at this moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Nope. This team is not a reflection of the coordinators. This is head coach. Schotty and KNJ haven’t established themselves as individuals yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

seahawksny

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":u90lccvj said:
Nope. This team is not a reflection of the coordinators. This is head coach. Schotty and KNJ haven’t established themselves as individuals yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reflection of its coach I agree, but theres a reason the fire bevell/cable threads havent spread like wild fire this season, hence they are 8-6

Unestablished after 14 games? True, but its working

MrThortan

Reaction score
Would like to keep the coaches we have now, but Mike Solari the most. What he has done for the line, and hence the offense, has been miraculous.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Schottenheimer and Norton have done nothing to bring them big notoriety. They aren’t the rockstar coordinators that tend to get these jobs.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
You are mistaken about Schottenheimer.
He has turned one of the worst running team ... into the best running team in the NFL, averaging over 158 yards per game with a bunch of 7 rounders.
As we get into December, teams are noticing that running the ball truly matters.
Spin Doctor":3n1878ch said:
Schottenheimer and Norton have done nothing to bring them big notoriety. They aren’t the rockstar coordinators that tend to get these jobs.

getnasty

Reaction score
joeseahawks":5pgkeruv said:
He has turned one of the worst running team ... into the best running team in the NFL, averaging over 158 yards per game with a bunch of 7 rounders.
As we get into December, teams are noticing that running the ball truly matters.
Spin Doctor":5pgkeruv said:

Solari is 70 percent responsible for the run game, running backs are 25 percent and 5 percent is Shotty.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
This won’t be the year. This is much like the 2012 season, and our coordinators aren’t going to get serious looks yet. Could be a one off aberation. Should we progress, give the Rams serious competition for the NFCW crown, and make a deep playoff run, we will see the coordinators getting interest.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Not this year. Next year if things progress as they are this year, yes. But this year is a training and getting things right year. Next year is proof in the pudding year if they can maintain that level of competition.

sutz

Reaction score
I think the team can block any interviews unless its for a head coaching job, or at least for that "asst head coach" position that teams use to protect lower coaches.

Plus, we can disallow any interviews until we're booted out of the playoffs, so if we go all the way, they're protected until February. ;)

Erebus

Reaction score
Not worried at all. Teams are looking for young rising coaching stars. Schottenheimer has had enough OC jobs to not hold that status. Norton hasn't been coaching as long, but our defense is only average. He hasn't done enough to convince anyone that he's still on the rise.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Erebus":26payu5v said:
Not worried at all. Teams are looking for young rising coaching stars. Schottenheimer has had enough OC jobs to not hold that status. Norton hasn't been coaching as long, but our defense is only average. He hasn't done enough to convince anyone that he's still on the rise.

Exactly. They are looking for the next McVay, or Nagy. Next year, maybe.

Smellyman

Reaction score
getnasty":2uhjzuzn said:
joeseahawks":2uhjzuzn said:
Spin Doctor":2uhjzuzn said:

Solari is 70 percent responsible for the run game, running backs are 25 percent and 5 percent is Shotty.

Even when lineman are hurt and shuffled around they keep clicking. Solari is the key.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
While I think Schotty might get some sniffs, I don't think he works as a Head Coach yet. Norton, I just don't see that either. I dig what they are doing as assistants tho.

OP
OP
J

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I understand what Scolari has done. However, Schotty is calling the plays on offense. And our is one the most balanced in the league. We can win games ugly or we can get into shootouts.
As for the Defense, I actually believe that the job done by Norton is quite impressive, considering the players we lost. Considering the youth of our defense and all the injured players we had to replace every week.
I would be shocked if Schotty doesn't get at least one interview.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Smellyman":2th0qqmg said:
getnasty":2th0qqmg said:
joeseahawks":2th0qqmg said:
Spin Doctor":2th0qqmg said:

Even when lineman are hurt and shuffled around they keep clicking. Solari is the key.

Yep, entire offense looks different because running lanes are created and the technique was completely changed from what Cable coached. Solari is a god. Russ has a real pocket for the first time in his career because the team isn't conceding the point of attack how Cable taught them.

Smellyman

Reaction score
joeseahawks":30g6kwgr said:
I understand what Scolari has done. However, Schotty is calling the plays on offense. And our is one the most balanced in the league. We can win games ugly or we can get into shootouts.
As for the Defense, I actually believe that the job done by Norton is quite impressive, considering the players we lost. Considering the youth of our defense and all the injured players we had to replace every week.
I would be shocked if Schotty doesn't get at least one interview.

Bevell could have called runs just as much, but it didn't work because RBs were hit 2 yards in the backfield all the time. Cable's ZBS was old and tired and he couldn't coach up at all. 2nd and 12 regularly with cable to 2nd and 6 with Solari. it's a huge difference.

Cable was the oline coach AND Run Game Coordinator for pete's sake. Bevell called the plays, but they were Cable's runs and Cable's coaching and players. I wanted Bevell and Cable gone, but Cable was really the main guy dragging the team down.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bevell, Richard, Schotty if we go into the playoffs with at least two games, he turned a Jets team into a great running attack and now has done it here, there is a trend going forward for the run game on some teams and they need a guy I would look at Schotty and see what he has to say at least. From what the write up on him is he is demanding and holds players accountable, sounds like a Head Coach to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping they both stay, but that's just a part of it. I would be more bummed if they lost Shotty, the chemistry is strong with this offense, and they are what they are, they accept it and don't mind telling you what they are going to do. And it's not just the same old crap over and over.

Latest posts