Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

sutz

Reaction score
[instagram]Bj2NF_4DIO0[/instagram]

You have to trim the link code, much like a youtube vid.

sutz

Reaction score
Really, really hate to see this. Kam 2.0. :34853_doh:

Trrrroy

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what happens. Honesty I don't see the Hawks giving in.

AgentDib

Reaction score
We were all worried about this for good reason but it's still very disappointing. Kam's holdout really hurt our 2015 season and I'm pessimistic that Earl's holdout will end up a similar way.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
or... they could just renegotiate his contract quickly and move forward.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The difference between earl and kam is that kam had more than 1 year left. Hawks have been willing to renegotiate with 1 year left... so they wouldn't be breaking precedent to extend him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
lukerguy":21ccvkzb said:
The difference between earl and kam is that kam had more than 1 year left. Hawks have been willing to renegotiate with 1 year left... so they wouldn't be breaking precedent to extend him.

exactly... Thomas is taking a great risk entering into the year. This is a big difference than Kam

I can see Seattle renegotiating, or trading. But it will be resolved soon enough

Seahaaaawks

Reaction score
AgentDib":2f6z2965 said:
We were all worried about this for good reason but it's still very disappointing. Kam's holdout really hurt our 2015 season and I'm pessimistic that Earl's holdout will end up a similar way.
Wasn’t it Earl who said in a post game interview after going 0-2 something to the effect of “he needs to be out here with us”. Basically calling Kam selfish for holding out without saying it? Now he is going to do the same thing...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seahaaaawks":2op5flyw said:
AgentDib":2op5flyw said:
Wasn’t it Earl who said in a post game interview after going 0-2 something to the effect of “he needs to be out here with us”. Basically calling Kam selfish for holding out without saying it? Now he is going to do the same thing...

its not the same thing though...

that extra year makes a significant difference.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":14uvw740 said:
Give him a one year extension with performance bonuses.

surely a future Hall of Famer who thinks he's still in his prime and now sees he is the leader of this team's defense will jump all over that

Decimation

Reaction score
Paul Allen forbade a new contract with Kam's holdout. It's not going to happen in this manner.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
I loved earl, but screw him. Let Sherman be his agent I liked his deal in SF. I say wait it out and franchise him next year.

rossob

Reaction score
Uncle Si":gz4qcfcj said:
Sox-n-Hawks":gz4qcfcj said:
Give him a one year extension with performance bonuses.

surely a future Hall of Famer who thinks he's still in his prime and now sees he is the leader of this team's defense will jump all over that

Yeah, no way he's going to take that.
If Seattle wants t keep him, this could be quickly resolved, but I am not sure they do, especially for what he demands. :?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":2jt15w6l said:
I loved earl, but screw him. Let Sherman be his agent I liked his deal in SF. I say wait it out and franchise him next year.

Thats a waste of time and money

Earl is nearing 30 and has one year left on his deal. He wants a bit more security. It's not a reflection of anything but that.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seattle will not receive a first round pick for Earl. Let's get that out of the way, first and foremost.

No team not even Earl's beloved Cowboys will pay that king's ransom. Probably won't even offer a second round. I wouldn't.

The Cowboys know Earl wants to play for Dallas, hence, leverage.

Other teams know Earl wants to play for Dallas, so why should they offer anything? Much less a first rounder. The Seahawks saw how this already played out preceding/during the draft. Nothing happened.

If/when Earl becomes a free agent, teams know he does not want to entertain them for his services unless they are the Dallas Cowboys. No one wins with Thomas making these claims, other than possibly/maybe the Cowboys, cause inevitably, Dallas
may "get" Thomas for cheap.

This is a lose/lose situation for Seattle and Earl.

I personally still like Earl, but, Earl saw what happened to Kam and Sherm and wants to lock something in now before it's too late and he possibly gets a big injury ending his season right before his current contract is set to expire and his now getting way older.

I get why Thomas is doing this and harbor him no ill will.

If this is the prelude to the end of Earl in a Seattle uniform, it has been an absolute pleasure to have watched him play and win the one and only SuperBowl for Seattle. I absolutely thank him and will watch his Hall of Fame induction.

Thank you, Earl Thomas!

I wish the best for you and your family!

Just my two cents though.