Shaping up to be a historically bad O-Line

chris98251

Reaction score
We will next year, we overachieved last year and are shooting for the 32nd best line this year, last year we were 31st.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Caoch Pete doesn't have the stones to change things with the offense. All that SB credit has to be used up now on Bevell and Cable.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This is one of those scapegoat things that's like a disease. Again, RW's jersey was a lot cleaner than Rodgers. There's more things wrong with this offense than the OL.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
They need to look at other team p squads or to the cfl...because there has to be something better than the scrubs they got. Think this is the year rw goes down for the season...its inevitable

Rat

Reaction score
It probably should have raised a red flag that Joeckel's fifth-year option wasn't picked up by the terrible team that wasted the #2 overall pick on him.

We give him $8 million.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The interior OL - Joeckel and Glow - were pathetic. Basically let Mike Daniels look like Aaron Donald out there. Nice job Cable in getting these guys ready for the season. :pukeface:

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
I had some optimism going into the season based on coaching comments (perhaps I should stop listening to Pete and Tom's optimism, this isn't the first time it's been misplaced), but more importantly, a decent job in the pre-season. Today made it look like this line could actually be worse than last year (and this wasn't even against the league's best defensive front or anything).

Pete and John have done a great job building this team, but they don't seem to have any ideas to fix the line (granted, that's easier said than done, but we don't even seem to be making progress). The year we won the SuperBowl we actually had a decent (albeit overpaid and injury prone) line, I don't think that was a coincidence.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
vin.couve12":18wv7idi said:
This is one of those scapegoat things that's like a disease. Again, RW's jersey was a lot cleaner than Rodgers. There's more things wrong with this offense than the OL.

What do you see as wrong with the offense outside of the OL? Is the OL the root cause, or just secondary?

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Hawkfish":sfztuo71 said:
Caoch Pete doesn't have the stones to change things with the offense. All that SB credit has to be used up now on Bevell and Cable.
Well, Wilson is better than Rodgers at running for his life. There were other problems in the offense, notably Graham played badly and Russel had some bad throws, but both our running backs and wilson had no room / time.

RockHawk

Reaction score
I was optimistic, but even I have to agree that the fact that they looked so horribly overmatched and putrid against a mid-tier DL worries me. I can't even begin to imagine these guys going against the Rams DL.

There were a lot of other issues on offense today, but the O-line certainly looked to be the primary concern again.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
How can they have gotten worse? It's nothing short of astonishing. It takes a special skills to be at this level of consistent sucking.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
vin.couve12":7ftr2211 said:

This is a good point. There was a moment in the game where we had the ball near mid field and had 3 pass plays in a row, with good pass protection and we still went 3 and out. Only one sample to go off of but it was still somewhat telling.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The offense is designed with only runs, bubble screens, and long-developing deep passes. With this o-line, these plays are never going to work. We don't have an o-line coach that can coach an o-line, and we don't have an OC that can design plays that work with the o-line we have. Hell, his plays barely work in the first place! It's growing a little tiresome, and I wish Paul Allen would get on the phone to Pete and tell him to make some damn coaching changes.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Man, it's like those basketball jump ball drills that Cable has them run didn't even help. Hard to believe

vin.couve12

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2spw49mk said:
vin.couve12":2spw49mk said:

What do you see as wrong with the offense outside of the OL?
Playcalling for one. RW also wasn't good today even when he did have time. I expect big things from him this season, but week 1 is never our best. We always look a little lost. Personnel wise we wasted time with Lacy being in the game. Keep him on the roster, but I don't have much use for him this season unless injury strikes. If he can't get up and run hard against his former team, then he's got little pulse. Jimmy played like crap.

I mean look around...Baldwin and Richardson had pretty good games. Carson played pretty well and CJ had a couple good plays. That's it.

When we had the ball in the RZ before the half, we called the exact same play two plays in a row. Then FG.

Our offense lacks balance, play diversity, etc.

Again, RW was cleaner than Rodgers. You have to have some perspective here.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Stop deflecting from the ineptitude of the offensive line. They are THE reason this offense is so poor as teams simply don't have to pay the run any respect. We just don't have the horses for it upfront. Without a legitimate threat of the rush and associated play action, Pete's offense isn't worth a hill of beans.

Just my opinion, of course.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":35ygsu5e said:
Stop deflecting from the ineptitude of the offensive line. They are THE reason this offense is so inept as teams simply don't have to pay the run any respect. We just don't have the horses for it upfront. Without a legitimate threat of the rush and associated play action, Pete's offense isn't worth a hill of beans.
Football is complicated, I know.

Anthony!

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3lh7ns74 said:
CodeWarrior":3lh7ns74 said:
vin.couve12":3lh7ns74 said:

What do you see as wrong with the offense outside of the OL?
Playcalling for one. RW also wasn't good today even when he did have time. I expect big things from him this season, but week 1 is never our best. We always look a little lost. Personnel wise we wasted time with Lacy being in the game. Keep him on the roster, but I don't have much use for him this season unless injury strikes. If he can't get up and run hard against his former team, then he's got little pulse. Jimmy played like crap.

I mean look around...Baldwin and Richardson had pretty good games. Carson played pretty well and CJ had a couple good played. That's it.

When we had the ball in the RZ before the half, we called the exact same play two plays in a row. Then FG.

Our offense lacks balance, play diversity, etc.

Again, RW was cleaner than Rodgers. You have to have some perspective here.

That is incorrect Rw was not cleaner that Rodgers, that said it right on the broadcast that Rw was under siege all night, They just said on IT ESPN that both had it rough but Rw had it rougher so sorry that is wrong, All that said Rw played about, as well as y9ou, can expect him to under those circumstances, and once again my question is why did we only go uptempo twice, we should have been uptempo all game.