Need to Draft O-Line in Addition to D-Line

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Per PFF...we ranked 27th this year. I was trying to find a key to equate scores to play level...but didn't. I assume that a score of 70 is good. If anyone can add color, please do.

Here’s how their rotation of offensive linemen graded out for the year:

LT Charles Cross: 63.7 overall
LG Damien Lewis: 71.8 overall
C Austin Blythe: 51.2 overall
RG Gabe Jackson: 55.0 overall
RT Abe Lucas: 68.5 overall
G Phil Haynes: 57.1 overall
OL Kyle Fuller: 55.6 overall
OL Jake Curhan: 31.2 overall
OT Stone Forsythe: 37.0 overall

nwHawk

Reaction score
RG and a fresh Center to begin as a backup and possibly work into a starting role for sure. I’ve been beating the RG spot all season.

OP
OP
LeveeBreak

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
RG and a fresh Center to begin as a backup and possibly work into a starting role for sure. I’ve been beating the RG spot all season.
Definitely guard and agree with C. I still think both 1st's on top d-line if the right players are there...but rounds 2-3 need some O-line.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Please get a stronger center. I didn't think it could get worse after poor little Hunt, but Blythe might be even weaker

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Maybe we could trade for Creed Humphrey?

Too soon?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Those are needs, along with WR, edge, corner, I’d also argue ILB is a need as well.

Team has holes all over

cymatica

Reaction score
I would like to see them bring back Ethan Pocic, he is a free agent next season and graded out higher than anyone currently on the Seahawks OL
Seems like they have no clue how to evaluate online.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Those are needs, along with WR, edge, corner, I’d also argue ILB is a need as well.

Team has holes all over

Yeah, we have to use all assets on the defensive front 7 & maybe 1 o-line, preferably someone who can play center.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I think they’ll add a guard or center with pick 2. This draft is loaded with interior O lineman

keasley45

Reaction score
If the only thing we added was a star C, G DT and ILB, I think we'd be 2 wins better next year. Our CB depth is great. I'm actually less worried about edge than I am equalizing pressure across the D Line. If our interior played better, Mafe, Taylor and Nuosu would be better.

Safety would be good to get but we can address that in later rounds.

But I'd go C, G, DT, ILB with our first 2 rounds and maybe trade back if it nets us another 2nd rounder. If so, I'd add to the WR group with that pick. A big, run stopping Edge can be added in 3 or 4.

Had we been able to run the ball between the tackles this year, we'd not have slumped the way we did. With a stud or two along the D interior, we don't get gashed the way we did. And Geno is deadly with more time to make his reads.

sutz

Reaction score
But I'd go C, G, DT, ILB with our first 2 rounds and maybe trade back if it nets us another 2nd rounder. If so, I'd add to the WR group with that pick. A big, run stopping Edge can be added in 3 or 4.

Had we been able to run the ball between the tackles this year, we'd not have slumped the way we did. With a stud or two along the D interior, we don't get gashed the way we did. And Geno is deadly with more time to make his reads.
I'm assuming not in that order, right? :)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I think they’ll add a guard or center with pick 2. This draft is loaded with interior O lineman
Agree ^^ I hope we get a Kick-ass Center with our second pick and another O-Lineman (Guard) later in the Draft too.
Getting tired of seeing our 'almost-good-enough' O-line being held back by 'almost good enough' play.
We need A LOT better Pass Protection & Road Graders to get our Run Game to the next level.
No doubt we should be going Defense with our #5 pick, and our second round should still have a couple hungry defenders wanting to prove themselves.

Last edited:

BASF

Reaction score
Oh look our highest rated linemen was the guy way too many people keep banging the drum of moving him back to his "natural position." Lewis is by my estimation one of the best left guards in the game (can anyone who pays for PFF tell me his actual rank among left guards this season please). He finished with a better grade this season than he did at his "natural position." Can this showing put this concept to bed please? His pulling this season to the right made a huge difference in our run game. His consistent pass blocking with only three sacks allowed paid very good dividends in our playoff run.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
People seriously want to draft a center with a first round pick? That’s worse than spending a first pick on a RB or LB.
DL, DT, OT, CB, WR. Oh and QB. Those are first round positions.