The Good News....

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
....roughly $35 million under the Cap heading into next year, with the only pressing free agent to lock up being DeShawn Shead. All the others can go, including Mr. Hauschka. Mike Morgan, Marcel Reese, and Neiko Thorpe I'd like to see back in team-friendly deals.

Cutting or Trading Jimmy Graham would save an additional $10 Million. Personally, I'd love to keep him, but what good is the high end sportscar if you only take it out for the occasional trip to the grocery store. In this offense, and with Russell behind this line, he's just an under-utilized asset.

Jeremy Lane and Jermaine Kearse had underwhelming years, and if neither were back next year, I wouldn't shed a tear. However, cutting them would put $6.7 M of dead money on the books and only save about $1.5 M in cap room. Don't know what happened, but both really looked like liabilities out there more often than not.

Otherwise, the team has money to make some moves...but if it wants a high quality O-lineman, it's going to have to trade for one. The FA group looks...well...meh.

It's going to be Justin Britt's fourth year, extend him...he's earned it.

I'd love to see the team pursue Kwann Short, but he'll probably get franchised by the Panthers, and that will be that.

Otherwise, let's hope for a killer draft class. :2thumbs:

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
MagnificentSeven":8winvtab said:
....roughly $35 million under the Cap heading into next year, with the only pressing free agent to lock up being DeShawn Shead.
orig-21259471.jpg

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Shead is a RFA. With the ACL he isn't worth anything more than original round.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Shead has to be upgraded. There's money to get FA linemen, bring in competition for Jeremy lane, find an offensive coordinator who can utilize Jimmy graham.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Gonna have to make a decision on Kam as well. If we don't extend him I would almost guarantee we either cut him or he holds out. Guy still makes plays so I wouldn't be surprised if he's resigned.

Might be some trade value as well.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":1jb8qso8 said:
Shead was given a great opportunity to step up and earn a raise this year. He failed, miserably.

Well, i wouldn't say that much....terrill failed miserably. Lane failed miserably.

Shead.... Disappointed.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Yeah..have u watched shead this year? He just isn't good enough..too many times he could've turned around to get an INT or batted a ball down.gets beat too often i.e tonight. Between him and lane..we're screwed