Is it reload time ?

chris98251

Reaction score
Stated before our players having played so much due to our success have a lot of miles on them against tough teams, with the onslaught of injuries we have suffered and value still there do we this next off season start acquiring picks for players to reload, I don't think we get value trading player for player as an initiator.

This will do two things, get us younger and healthier and relieve caps space to balance it with O line if necessary and going forward for other cap reasons.

chet380

Reaction score
Cyrus12":mhk4p7r3 said:
we need to have better drafts to start.
We can't get elite players drafting at 28-32 -- need to trade an asset to move up.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
chet380":3bheeiei said:
Cyrus12":3bheeiei said:
We can't get elite players drafting at 28-32 -- need to trade an asset to move up.

We got elite players in Free Agency, the 5th round and others besides the first. Not buying you have to have a top 10 pick to be successful, we already proved otherwise.

red grenadine

Reaction score
No. I think we should trade for a freak athlete walking mismatch star receiver and never throw to him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chet380":j7qeenyv said:
Cyrus12":j7qeenyv said:
I hate to say it but yeah I think it's time to have a semi reload to get the fire and hunger back.New England provides the perfect example of this.Trade off stars for cap relief and draft picks so nobody gets too comfortable.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Honestly I do not know where we go. Every direction I can think of is countered with other problems. This is where the FO wanted to be. First pay for some good veterans then draft well. Develop players, let the old guys go then pay a young talented core. Once said core is here and paid draft well for the other areas.

The "other areas" that are cheap so the core can be paid happens to be the O line. I have said before that the FO refuses to pay for top linemen because they believe the talent level in the NFL and players coming out of college do not deserve that high level of pay.

Not sure what to think of this philosophy anymore. The year we won the SB we had the most expensive line in the NFL, wasn't that great of a line then either. Maybe the FO is right. Something definitely doesn't seem up to par with this team though. Only excuse I can think of for the Seahawks is a crap ton of issues are all going on at the same time.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Team is really young at RB. 2 on their 2nd year and 3 rookies. O-Line is youngish, minus Sowell(5). Gilliam and Britt are on their 3rd year. Team has 13 rookies, 5 sophomores and 8 juniors (not counting those in ir/r/ps. That is a lot of young talent.

I kind of think it is time for a reload in a couple of coaches; Bevell and Cable. I don't know, maybe cable would be ok with some actual players that played college line. Not using Graham really hit me this game, and it has been a theme all season. Blaming Bevell for this, but Pete deserves some blame as well.

IrishNW

Reaction score
time to circle the wagons around Wilson, get him some pass protection and a new offensive coordinator. Pete Carroll can coach up any defensive.

This is a copy cat league so lets copy the most successful team...new england

Jeremy517

Reaction score
chet380":2km6djwl said:
Cyrus12":2km6djwl said:

Usually sarcastic posts are a bit more obvious, so I'll assume you are being serious.

Wagner - 2nd round
Russ - 3rd round
Avril - 3rd round
Wright - 4th round
Sherman - 5th round
Kam - 5th round
Bennett - Undrafted
Baldwin - Undrafted

semiahmoo

Reaction score
red grenadine":3pi99ssu said:
No. I think we should trade for a freak athlete walking mismatch star receiver and never throw to him.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Above the rim postin' right there!

And I totally agree with the sentiment.

cymatica

Reaction score
Isn't Carrolls philosophy on offense ball control and balance? How do you expect to achieve that with such an underpaid, inexperienced OL? Why would you pay so much for a qb then set him up for failure?

Crizilla

Reaction score
cymatica":2ia2dyz1 said:
Isn't Carrolls philosophy on offense ball control and balance? How do you expect to achieve that with such an underpaid, inexperienced OL? Why would you pay so much for a qb then set him up for failure?

This. Although I think they felt like there was so much pressure to pay the defense. They probably earned to be paid like that, honestly. Could take another year or two to build an offensive line from scratch. These guys aren't very good.

chet380

Reaction score
Jeremy517":3abraucp said:
chet380":3abraucp said:
Cyrus12":3abraucp said:

Usually sarcastic posts are a bit more obvious, so I'll assume you are being serious.

Wagner - 2nd round
Russ - 3rd round
Avril - 3rd round
Wright - 4th round
Sherman - 5th round
Kam - 5th round
Bennett - Undrafted
Baldwin - Undrafted
I stand corrected -- I guess the thought of getting one of those Top Ten guys overcame me.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
cymatica":16a35xsp said:

Just one of a few critical and unanswered "makes no sense" questions regarding our Hawks of late.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
semiahmoo":evc31gck said:
cymatica":evc31gck said:

Just one of a few critical and unanswered "makes no sense" questions regarding our Hawks of late.

Some of it might come down to too much seeing Russell Wilson continually pulling rabbits out of his hat and Rawls leading the league in YPC with the oline from last year. Neither seems like a wise decision. Maybe.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Isn't the Seahawks o-line woefully underpaid? Like, we all know Seattle puts no capital in it but during the game the entire line makes 6 million and the league average is 28 million? That tells you everything. We need to load that up before we can "reload" it.