Is it reload time ?

kf3339

Reaction score
For all that have been with this team for years, you will remember that Mike Holmgren was given complete control of the team and all decisions. You will also remember that after several years, that control was taken away from him.

Is it reload time? Yes.

But first and foremost that needs to be with our coaches. I will say more in detail after the last game. But I have seen enough of this coaching era.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
chris98251":ie57m1jk said:
chet380":ie57m1jk said:
Cyrus12":ie57m1jk said:
we need to have better drafts to start.
We can't get elite players drafting at 28-32 -- need to trade an asset to move up.

We got elite players in Free Agency, the 5th round and others besides the first. Not buying you have to have a top 10 pick to be successful, we already proved otherwise.
You don't have to have a top 10 pick, but you also can't afford to whiff on your picks, either. Schneider and Pete have wasted A LOT of picks over the years. They don't have a good track record. I just looked it up, and outside of this years draft, they only have 15 players on the on the active roster from past drafts. 15. And out of all the offensive linemen that Cable has hand picked in the draft (excluding this years draft), only Britt and Mad Dog are still here. And since they've been here, they've drafted Okung, Earl, Carpenter, Irvin, and Ifedi in the first round. That is an embarrassment. And you can add in wasting first round picks on Harvin and Graham too.So, with all things considered, Either the scouting department has no idea what it's doing, the positional coaches have no idea what they're doing, or Pete, John and Cable are just plain bad drafters. They do hit on the occasional player (Russ, Earl, Kam, Sherm, Britt, KJ, Wagner, etc.), but for the most part, they've wasted far too many picks.

And Schneider can't keep trading fifth round picks for backup safeties who never play (McCray, but mostly Dewey McDonald, or whatever his name is). The only trade John has made with picks involved that panned out was giving up a 4th for Marshawn (if there's another that I'm forgetting, feel free to let me know).

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Pete and JS let success go to their heads. Who in their right mind thought we'd have any consistent success on offense trying to run and pass behind 5 projects? Who goes project for all of the offensive line slots at one time? What kind of odds on that working? We hit what? ... two of five? That's probably as good as anyone would expect under the circumstances. 2 blocks out of 5 forces our running backs to make a man miss before they have the ball!