McCoy stepping out of bounds, catches pass, no flag.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2s7hubj4 said:
7E569Hq.gif

Where's the outrage?

Jimmy with defenders draped all over him? Where's the outrage?

11-2 disparity against the most penalized team in the league, NFL has to apologize, where's the outrage??

In fairness, half of our fans fake being ok with this jaw dropping double standard that clearly exists, so I am not sure why we are surprised that it happens.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Outrage is highly overrated in our culture today.

Refs missed a number of plays in this game, so it's not worth commenting about these.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I didn't see this, thanks. Add it to the file to show opposing fans who come here to talk about how all the missed calls go in our favor.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sometimes you just gotta let 'em play. - Gruden

253hawk

Reaction score
Yep, completely blown with the ref standing right next to him. Didn't even take his hat off. Unless McCoy was first pushed out by a defender (in which he can come back in and 're-establish' himself), there is absolutely no way he can be the first one to touch the ball.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
253hawk":1228xcsf said:
Yep, completely blown with the ref standing right next to him. Didn't even take his hat off. Unless McCoy was first pushed out by a defender, there is absolutely no way he can be the first one to touch the ball.

Looks like the ref was actively applying the look the other way policy with his head turned back towards the line of scrimmage.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Could they not have reviewed that? I mean that is clear as day that he stepped out of bounds.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1hnyzlry said:
Could they not have reviewed that? I mean that is clear as day that he stepped out of bounds.

I was, and still am, pissed that Pete didn't challenge the catch. He had a 12 men in the huddle penalty and the end of thd third quarter to see that.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Can't challenge penalties. Question wasn't really if it was a catch, just if he was an eligible receiver.

HawkGA

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":15jlgx8e said:
HawkGA":15jlgx8e said:
Can't challenge penalties. Question wasn't really if it was a catch, just if he was an eligible receiver.

You can't challenge subjective penalties. There are some objective penalties you can challenge. I believe this is one of them.

Interesting. I did not know that. For the record, I would towards that being a bad idea. I think the penalty thing and reviews should be off the table. I get the objective versus subjective difference but I still think it opens the door to too much fine tooth combing.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
HawkGA":omz59et2 said:

Don't challenge the penalty. Challenge the catch. They would have to reverse it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
But he made the catch; that much is incontrovertible.

The illegal touch wouldn't be called because the review won't allow them to consider it, just as it wouldn't "allow" them to recognize holding on the O-line and call the play back.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not even mentioning the clear incompletion to Goodwin on the preceding play. Why Pete didn't challenge that I still do not know.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":15vstpgi said:
Not even mentioning the clear incompletion to Goodwin on the preceding play. Why Pete didn't challenge that I still do not know.

Because for of all of Pete's greatness he does have a challenge call issue. He not so good.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The espn announcer mentioned McCoy came back in bounds to catch it, but was quickly silenced by his boss in his ear.

AgentDib

Reaction score
You can challenge that, the same as you can challenge 12 men on the field (happened to us a couple of years ago).

nanomoz

Reaction score
The two false starts that went uncalled don't get any any mention either. One was within their own 10 yard line.