McCoy stepping out of bounds, catches pass, no flag.

McGruff

Reaction score
nanomoz":4xiqzsi8 said:
The two false starts that went uncalled don't get any any mention either. One was within their own 10 yard line.

That was the one where Avril pulled up is rush at the QB because he thought theere would be a penalty. He had a clear shot at Taylor in the endzone, but didn't play to the whistle. :)

253hawk

Reaction score
Don't forget this hilariously bad false start that was missed, which caused Avril to let up.

NeglectedBasicBighorn.gif

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":35fj6xyx said:
HawkGA":35fj6xyx said:
Can't challenge penalties. Question wasn't really if it was a catch, just if he was an eligible receiver.

Don't challenge the penalty. Challenge the catch. They would have to reverse it.
Good idea. They wouldn't have any choice but to take away the catch.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1tfnv8jo said:
Ad Hawk":1tfnv8jo said:
But he made the catch; that much is incontrovertible.

The illegal touch wouldn't be called because the review won't allow them to consider it, just as it wouldn't "allow" them to recognize holding on the O-line and call the play back.

Those aren't the same thing though. You can challenge the fact that someone was out of bounds. No different than things like 12 men on the field, or a pass being tipped and it effecting d holding or PI. Many things that are objective penalties can be challenged.

Out of bounds when he caught it, or after he caught it, I could see.

You could certainly be right, I've just never seen it in the game; it would surprise me, though, since it would allow overturn the call based on a penalty, not just ineligibility. Would they assess the penalty, too?

Latest posts