When was the last deep pass attempt by Russ?

seabowl

Reaction score
I know our line sucks but I honestly can't remember our last deep pass attempt by our QB. Hard to keep the D honest when the field is shortened every play.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Deep throws take time to develop and considering our offensive line is the worst in the league specifically the tackles it's harder to have Russell just sit back and air it out. No guarantee he will have time so they are probably looked at as wasted opportunities.

It is disappointing seeing the offense regress but it's just the nature of the game I suppose.

Protecting a franchise QB should always be a teams number 1 priority for this reason.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Seems to be the worst Offense in the league.
What other team can't at least throw a bomb if nothing else but show
A deep pass?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if his Pectoral injury had a play in this strategy.

sutz

Reaction score
Best deep pass plays develop off of play action. Can't do that without an established run game.

:229031_shrug:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Joyodongo":36ma569r said:
johnnyfever":36ma569r said:
I wouldn't be surprised if his Pectoral injury had a play in this strategy.
:ditto:

I could be wrong, but didn't he (or someone on the Hawks) come out and say that the injury would basically eliminate the deep ball and high velocity throws?

TBH if you're in first place in your division I think it's damn near impossible to trot out a rookie UDFA at QB unless you absolutely have to.

That said as his injuries pile up I have been getting increasingly concerned. I'm not even a Hawks fan, but just as someone who enjoys watching Wilson play I'd be lying if a doomsday RGIII 2014 scenario hadn't crossed my mind. Not a single person wants that, but the problem with playing injured is that it can and regularly does lead to more injuries (aggravation of the same injury, or new injuries from overcompensation, limited mobility, exposing body parts in efforts to protect injured ones, etc.). That's obviously not destined to happen, but it is something that can happen, which literally no decent person wants.