Bring Chris Clemons back

kf3339

Reaction score
Well we all experienced what happened when Bennett went down in the third period. It made me think that having a quality vet that can come in for 10-12 snaps a game and back up a starter who is hurt would be a major need. I know Frank Clark being hurt didn't help, but it does show we are somewhat weak at the DE position for depth.

So I really hope PC takes Clemons up on wanting to un-retire and adds him to the team. IMO we have the need and the room.

Make it so, Please! :irishdrinkers:

kobebryant

Reaction score
It's a good idea in theory, but you'd have to cut someone.

And if Marsh/Bennett/Clark/Avril are active then Clemons becomes a DE5 that doesn't play special teams.

McGruff

Reaction score
kf3339":2k2odafb said:
Well we all experienced what happened when Bennett went down in the third period. It made me think that having a quality vet that can come in for 10-12 snaps a game and back up a starter who is hurt would be a major need. I know Frank Clark being hurt didn't help, but it does show we are somewhat weak at the DE position for depth.

So I really hope PC takes Clemons up on wanting to un-retire and adds him to the team. IMO we have the need and the room.

Make it so, Please! :irishdrinkers:

Problem was we were down Clark AND Jefferson. Those are our two potential Bennett replacements. And while I love Marsh and he's having a good seasosn, he's kind of like Irvin in that he's a good complimentary puece, but put him in the position of primary pass rusher, and he's not dynamic enough.

McGruff

Reaction score
kobebryant":2zxn526g said:
It's a good idea in theory, but you'd have to cut someone.

And if Marsh/Bennett/Clark/Avril are active then Clemons becomes a DE5 that doesn't play special teams.

Actually he's probably DE6 if we have Jefferson as well.

Plus, Clemons just doesn't want to play anymore

mikeak

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":166stde5 said:
mikeak":166stde5 said:
And who do we cut?

Long snapper. The linemen would be better off using their feet to scrumm the ball back to Ryan.

If we cut the long snapper then it is because we replace him with another long snapper. If we want to see real disaster on the field we get worse at that position........