Merril Hoge is a big Seahawks fan

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Leading up to this weeks game against Atlanta, Hoge has picked against Seattle in every game but the opener.

So who did he pick on Sunday?

Atlanta of course. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ah yes, another arrogant media blowhard I can't stomach to listen to for more than three seconds...

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2ehcs624 said:
Hasselbeck":2ehcs624 said:
Leading up to this weeks game against Atlanta, Hoge has picked against Seattle in every game but the opener.

He's an idiot ex-stealer, his opinion is worthless.

Who almost died from a concussion.

He harbors a grudge against the Seahawks because the referees had to cheat in order for Pittsburgh to win Superbowel Movement *XL.

The very first episode of an NFL show that Merrill was on the following fall, he put all of his Stealer paraphernalia up on the desk in front of him, he was so proud. During his moment of glory, someone said something about the Referees and he got mad and defended his Stealers.

Then Chris Berman was on and he said "This is for Seattle" and made his kind of high pitched "wwhoop!" noise and threw a flag at the camera.

IIRC, Hoge got all bent out of shape, and Berman got reprimanded. He (Berman) has been a personal hero of mine ever since.

12thbrah

Reaction score
there's always one. as looney as Falcons fans who think we should crown them already.

Hawks46

Reaction score
He's as bad as Prisco. He picks against the Seahawks in every game, vs. every opponent. Evidently "cuz it's Seahawks!"

At that point you just know there's no objectivity.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hodge and that blowhard Sean Salisbury both come to mind when I have to be reminded why I rarely watch ESPN. Thankfully Salisbury got taken off ESPN. Hopefully Hodge is next.

"He's a factor back!" :pukeface:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
So he doesn't like our team, who cares. I don't get why people on here get so caught up with hating "this" and "that." It is sports, he can choose whoever he wants. That is the beauty of sports. For all I care, he can choose the Browns to win the SB.

I enjoy Merril Hoge for the most part.

davidonmi

Reaction score
he picked the cardinals, rams, saints, 49ers and broncos in consecutive weeks all in our super bowl run in 2013. Why? I have no idea.
There are time when analysts objectively think a team will win in a given week.
There's no way someone can objectively pick against us as much as he does, I'm not sure what his motive is, but there is one

chris98251

Reaction score
He is a blow hard and a hater, ignore him, that's like listening to Prisco talk like he knows football or Jerry Jones like he knows how to build a winner.

AVL

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Pricko picked the hawks this week, might need to change the narrative on
him slightly.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This is funny. Nine out of ten experts (including the pick'em algorithm) picked Seattle to win and we focus on the one dissenter. Hey, if you want to be a victim you can always find a pretext, I suppose!

A contributing factor could be that those 10 experts all compete against each other for best record come the end of the season, and Hoge is currently behind so he has to find some contrarian picks to make up ground, but what do I know... Not much!

BadMoonRising

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3ny1uaai said:
This is funny. Nine out of ten experts (including the pick'em algorithm) picked Seattle to win and we focus on the one dissenter. Hey, if you want to be a victim you can always find a pretext, I suppose!

A contributing factor could be that those 10 experts all compete against each other for best record come the end of the season, and Hoge is currently behind so he has to find some contrarian picks to make up ground, but what do I know... Not much!

Amen.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":2fo2cn96 said:
What is a Merril Hoge?

And why do we care about what it is?

Obviously its a completely meaningless topic, but funny at the same time to see the obvious bias at hand.

fuego

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2x37dz7s said:

I looked at his picks and with several of them that actually looks like what he is doing.

But I will say he's been on our bandwagon, especially after beating Denver.

Ozzy

Reaction score
ivotuk":14thd3r8 said:
Sports Hernia":14thd3r8 said:
Hasselbeck":14thd3r8 said:

He's an idiot ex-stealer, his opinion is worthless.

Who almost died from a concussion.

He harbors a grudge against the Seahawks because the referees had to cheat in order for Pittsburgh to win Superbowel Movement *XL.

The very first episode of an NFL show that Merrill was on the following fall, he put all of his Stealer paraphernalia up on the desk in front of him, he was so proud. During his moment of glory, someone said something about the Referees and he got mad and defended his Stealers.

Then Chris Berman was on and he said "This is for Seattle" and made his kind of high pitched "wwhoop!" noise and threw a flag at the camera.

IIRC, Hoge got all bent out of shape, and Berman got reprimanded. He has been a personal hero of mine ever since.

I didn't know that so thanks for sharing, pretty good stuff!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":20vcz68q said:
So he doesn't like our team, who cares. I don't get why people on here get so caught up with hating "this" and "that." It is sports, he can choose whoever he wants. That is the beauty of sports. For all I care, he can choose the Browns to win the SB.

I enjoy Merril Hoge for the most part.

If you don't get it, why are you discussing it? The beauty of a discussion board, is the OP can choose whatever he/she wants to discuss, as long as it has to do with Seahawks.

Some people seem to feel that it is necessary to pass judgement on other people's topics. Find something REAL to discuss, something to do with the Seahawks.

Discussing what others are discussing is not a topic, it's Gossip.