Merril Hoge is a big Seahawks fan

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ivotuk":1vkjw069 said:
Hawk-Lock":1vkjw069 said:
So he doesn't like our team, who cares. I don't get why people on here get so caught up with hating "this" and "that." It is sports, he can choose whoever he wants. That is the beauty of sports. For all I care, he can choose the Browns to win the SB.

I enjoy Merril Hoge for the most part.

If you don't get it, why are you discussing it? The beauty of a discussion board, is the OP can choose whatever he/she wants to discuss, as long as it has to do with Seahawks.

Some people seem to feel that it is necessary to pass judgement on other people's topics. Find something REAL to discuss, something to do with the Seahawks.

Discussing what others are discussing is not a topic, it's Gossip.

I get what Hawk Lock is saying, you'd think after winning the SB this fanbase would have stopped being so thin skinned linking seemingly every slight or media opinion that's negative against the Hawks.

I very much doubt an ex player that played 20 years ago has an agenda against a team he had no involvement with or played in a division against.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
ivotuk":1nd2kk7o said:
He harbors a grudge against the Seahawks because the referees had to cheat in order for Pittsburgh to win Superbowel Movement *XL.

The very first episode of an NFL show that Merrill was on the following fall, he put all of his Stealer paraphernalia up on the desk in front of him, he was so proud. During his moment of glory, someone said something about the Referees and he got mad and defended his Stealers.

Then Chris Berman was on and he said "This is for Seattle" and made his kind of high pitched "wwhoop!" noise and threw a flag at the camera.

IIRC, Hoge got all bent out of shape, and Berman got reprimanded. He (Berman) has been a personal hero of mine ever since.

Haha :lol:

Never heard that, so awesome. Berman definitely has his moments.

Maulbert

Reaction score
AVL":1qqlirc5 said:
I'm pretty sure Pricko picked the hawks this week, might need to change the narrative on
him slightly.

Prickso begrudgingly admits our D is good. It's mostly just Wilson he has a hate-on for. The bigger deal is he always picks the Cards. He loves Arizona (where he lives). He picked Arizona to win the NFC West at the start of the season every year from 2007 through 2016, with 2013 the only outlier. He picked the Niners that year.

treefidy

Reaction score
Excluding week 1, the Falcons have been picked to win only 7 times by these experts.

1 picked us vs the Raiders
2 vs the Saints
2 vs the Panthers
1 vs the Broncos
1 vs the Seahawks

I'd say I'm perfectly okay with all the "experts" picking Seattle.

Maulbert

Reaction score
treefidy":vnzcyg15 said:
Excluding week 1, the Falcons have been picked to win only 7 times by these experts.

1 picked us vs the Raiders
2 vs the Saints
2 vs the Panthers
1 vs the Bronocs
1 vs the Seahawks

I'd say I'm perfectly okay with all the "experts" picking Seattle.

Who are the Bronocs?

Willyeye

Reaction score
I have no problem with the thread, but I will say that Hoge's choice most likely has nothing to do with his feelings about the Seahawks. I play on a few Fantasy Pick 'em sites. My record this year so far is 49-29. That's better than any of the experts on ESPN. In fact, that would make me tied for 5th place of all of the media's "Expert's" picks this season. I think I'm in 4000th place on one of my sites. I've been doing this for years, and it's not as easy as it looks. None of the experts are actually all that good either. I will say this: you can expect 3 to 5 upsets every week. The tough part is picking which games will be upsets. Obviously, Hoge picked the Hawks game as one of his upsets. It's not really a slight. He might think that the Hawks are far superior to the Falcons, but maybe he thinks Wilson is still playing at only 50% and he saw the injury report that said Clark and Chancellor might not play. The Falcons will likely be at full strength. Maybe he just thinks this particular game could be an upset game. I honestly don't think it's a reflection of his "hatred" for the Seahawks.

Regarding Prisco, I think there's a part of him that is embarrassed for knocking Wilson for so long, and now he simply hopes Wilson fails. I think the guys on these sport networks have to have a big ego to appear on TV and stuff, and it's probably hard to admit you're wrong when you've said some really stupid stuff about a great player.

Oh, and BTW, it's really tough to pick against your favorite team even when you try as hard as you can to be unbiased when making your picks.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Don't know why, but for some reason when I saw the thread, I thought we were talking about this guy

The-Walking-Dead-Season-3-Merle.jpg