BlueThunder

Reaction score
Week 6: Atlanta Falcons 4-1-0 @ Seattle Seahawks 3-1-0

Sunday, Oct. 16th
1:25 PM PST
CenturyLink Field
TV: FOX

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Slim pickin's this week. Seems Atlanta fans from all the crappy sites pretty much migrated to this official board. And it's a busy one.

"Official" board

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/

Here's one that's not strictly Falcons submitted by Treefidy, but there's some stuff there worth looking at... And you can sign in anonymously just to take a gander. Thanks Treefidy...

http://www.rivalscentral.net/

Then there's this one... Yeah, it's one of those sites. You have to register to view then wait to be approved. I'm still waiting, so I have no idea if it's even worth the effort. I will update if I ever get approval. In hindsight, I probably should have registered as "#1FalconFan" instead of "BlueThunder"... I'd probably be approved by now.

*EDIT* Still haven't gotten approval from the Falcons Roost chuckleheads below. Probably gonna be a no-go... May wanna register anyways so we have it for the playoffs... ;)

http://www.falconsroost.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

If you know of any that I missed, please post below.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
falcons.png

treefidy

Reaction score
Rivalscentral.net is where a majority of the Falcons fans that were actually legitimate posters on boards.atlantafalcons.com went. There's also a bunch of Saints, Bucs, Panthers, Cowboys and other NFC Least fans that post there. Probably 3:1 Falcons fans though.

It's no holds barred crap talking, so be warned, gotta bring your A game there.

Torc

Reaction score
I've been lurking on the official board since Quinn's hire. (I tend to pick an alternate team to keep track of every year, usually with some sort of Seahawk link, like Kitna's years with the Bungles and Lions. At the moment it's the Falcons.) It's pretty good....their fair share of knee jerk reactions week-to-week of course, like every fan board. This year it's gone from "Quinn is on the hot seat" during preseason, to "We're Super Bowl contenders getting no respect" after beating the Donkeys. Kinda like we would do here - the "Fire Shanahan" threads reminded of our "Fire Bevell" threads. :) There's also a couple of very football-educated posters that provide some analysis that I've learned a lot from.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I swear to God, that board, talking about the ass whooping they are going to lay on us with that offense that we've never seen before is the same damn board as the one Denver had. .. Helll, just replace Atlanta Falcons with Denver Bronco and you wouldn't know who's board your in.

The beauty of it is, the tears of despair afterwards will be just as delicious as those post SB48.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Wow, those fans down there are out of their minds! Feels like we shouldnt even be on the same field as their once-in-a-generation team! Lolz.

Largent80

Reaction score
Didn't they start out 5-0 last year and crumbled faster than a Jenga game? Can't WAIT for us to dismantle them.

andyh64000

Reaction score
northseahawk":1588k9lv said:
Wow, those fans down there are out of their minds! Feels like we shouldnt even be on the same field as their once-in-a-generation team! Lolz.

Yeah...I tried to add some perspective to that thread but was mostly shouted down. There are some reasonable posters but they seem to be outnumbered.

253hawk

Reaction score
78 games in the Wilson era with only two losses by more than a TD...and the worst loss was 10 points. And these Falcons are going to be the first ever to deliver a whooping? Uh, okay...

treefidy

Reaction score
253hawk":2bxux2jf said:
78 games in the Wilson era with only two losses by more than a TD...and the worst loss was 10 points. And these Falcons are going to be the first ever to deliver a whooping? Uh, okay...

It's not impossible. So far this season we've broken franchise records in scoring and yardage through 5 games. We became the third team in history to defeat the Super Bowl Champ and Runner up in the same season, and we did it back to back. We were the first NFC team to beat the Bronco's in Mile High since 2011.

I don't see why not. We won't, but it's not impossible.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
My favorite is when they call Seahawks fans band wagoners. The falcons who in the recent past frequently had tons of open seats in their stadium. :lol:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
treefidy":1btfz73k said:
253hawk":1btfz73k said:

It's not impossible. So far this season we've broken franchise records in scoring and yardage through 5 games. We became the third team in history to defeat the Super Bowl Champ and Runner up in the same season, and we did it back to back. We were the first NFC team to beat the Bronco's in Mile High since 2011.

I don't see why not. We won't, but it's not impossible.

You beat the defending champs by 7 starting a rookie qb who looked awful and the NFC champs who are 1-4 and look like hot garbage..... Not exactly as impressive as you want it to be.

12thbrah

Reaction score
This game could be a shoot out like the Steelers game last season.

treefidy

Reaction score
Ambrose83":123wnwjk said:
You beat the defending champs by 7 starting a rookie qb who looked awful and the NFC champs who are 1-4 and look like hot garbage..... Not exactly as impressive as you want it to be.

It was 23-3 in the 4th. We played prevent and ran clock, even went for it on 4th down instead of kicking an easy fg. Game was NO WHERE near as close as the final score.

Largent80

Reaction score
Both of those teams are having a superbowl hangover and are shells of the teams they were last year.

But of course the Falcons have already won the superbowl this year in your tree fidy mind. What is a treefidy anyway?....Some perverted molester of trees?

12thbrah

Reaction score
treefidy":3pfo0tek said:
Ambrose83":3pfo0tek said:

It was 23-3 in the 4th. We played prevent and ran clock, even went for it on 4th down instead of kicking an easy fg. Game was NO WHERE near as close as the final score.

Kudos to putting up that many points on the Denver D. Your coaches obviously put together a good game plan. But playing against a rookie who makes Blaine Gabbert look like Tom Brady probably gave you awesome field position all game.

If the Hawks weren't coming off a bye this might be a more even game. It will be interesting to see if the Falcons will be up to the task physically to play another punishing defense in back to back weeks.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Man, these sites kinda get my hackles up... Overwhelmingly homer. They played a Panthers team that just lost to the frickin' Buccaneers, AT HOME, in one of the most uninspired games that I can remember witnessing... Then a Broncos team, while impressive that they won in Denver, were playing against a backup QB that was in way over his head, and suddenly they're the future Super Bowl Champs.

Then it's like none of them have even bothered to watch the Seahawk's last two games (or our Defense in all 4 games), and apparently never noticed that we're #2 on the ESPN Power Rankings. We've got the #1 rated defense (yawn, 5th season in a row), and an offense that is showing signs of actually being scary good... They definitely have not paid attention to that... But of course, Julio Jones is gonna take us down almost single-handedly. Most think they're just gonna march right into the HELL that is CenturyLink Field, against said Seahawks team being almost 100% healthy, fresh off a bye, and just hand us our arses... :34853_doh: I mean, it's Possible... But not bloody likely. After perusing these forums, I really, REALLY hope we just squash 'em like a bug, like a 35-7 bug. And then enjoy the meltdown on their forum(s)... with Falcon liver and fava beans... and a nice Chianti.

Latest odds: Seahawks by 7. Take away the home-field 3 points and swing it to Atlanta, we'd still be favored by 1. So... There! :) Follow the money...

And aren't these the same Falcons that started out 5-0 last year before going 3-8 to finish the year? THOSE Falcons? :lol: :2thumbs:

treefidy

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2e0tou6b said:
Man, these sites kinda get my hackles up... Overwhelmingly homer. They played a Panthers team that just lost to the frickin' Buccaneers, AT HOME, in one of the most uninspired games that I can remember witnessing... Then a Broncos team, while impressive that they won in Denver, were playing against a backup QB that was in way over his head, and suddenly they're the future Super Bowl Champs.

Then it's like none of them have even bothered to watch the Seahawk's last two games (or our Defense in all 4 games), and apparently never noticed that we're #2 on the ESPN Power Rankings. We've got the #1 rated defense (yawn, 5th season in a row), and an offense that is showing signs of actually being scary good... They definitely have not paid attention to that... But of course, Julio Jones is gonna take us down almost single-handedly. Most think they're just gonna march right into the HELL that is CenturyLink Field, against said Seahawks team being almost 100% healthy, fresh off a bye, and just hand us our arses... :34853_doh: I mean, it's Possible... But not bloody likely. After perusing these forums, I really, REALLY hope we just squash 'em like a bug, like a 35-7 bug. And then enjoy the meltdown on their forum(s)... with Falcon liver and fava beans... and a nice Chianti.

Latest odds: Seahawks by 7. Take away the home-field 3 points and swing it to Atlanta, we'd still be favored by 1. So... There! :) Follow the money...

And aren't these the same Falcons that started out 5-0 last year before going 3-8 to finish the year? THOSE Falcons? :lol: :2thumbs:

So the Broncos starting a back up matters, but not the back up for the Panthers vs the Bucs instead of the reigning MVP?
Gotcha...

Latest posts