This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Atlanta Falcons

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
You'll understand what I'm trying to convey at right around 2:30 PM PST Sunday, about an hour in... You guys are seriously underrating the team that you're about to play in our house of horrors.... Best team in the NFL, arguably. So, yeah... Gotcha... And before you go "yeah, but who have you played"... again.... You'll see...

treefidy

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2x2a9fge said:
You'll understand what I'm trying to convey at right around 2:30 PM PST Sunday, about an hour in... You guys are seriously underrating the team that you're about to play in our house of horrors.... Best team in the NFL, arguably. So, yeah... Gotcha... And before you go "yeah, but who have you played"... again.... You'll see...

Best team in the league is highly subjective. You haven't beat close to a winning team...

I think underestimating is happening on your end.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Were taking up way too much space in your brain oneseventyfive. Its actually becoming quite funny. Personally I have much better things to do with my time than register on an opposing teams forum and debate for days on end about stats and things that "could/should or maybe will" happen.

At the end of the day its a game that you have no control over. R.E.L.A.X

Go Hawks

treefidy

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3cbo74c9 said:
Were taking up way too much space in your brain oneseventyfive. Its actually becoming quite funny. Personally I have much better things to do with my time than register on an opposing teams forum and debate for days on end about stats and things that "could/should or maybe will" happen.

At the end of the day its a game that you have no control over. R.E.L.A.X

Go Hawks

I'm perfectly fine. Don't think I've displayed otherwise.

irocdave

Reaction score
Atlanta is playing well and has a fair shot at knocking off the Hawks at home. But I don't think it's going to happen, well, because the Hawks win most games at home, have been a great team for 4 years plus and their W/L record stands as proof.

Teams that beat the Hawks usually have a great tight defense, running game and a great tight end end and that is the difference maker. Top 10 tight ends are kryptonite for the Hawks defense, the only gaping hole in their game.

The weather forecast is for heavy rain and sustained wind in the 30 MPH range to gusts of 50 MPH going in to Saturday night. This could easily push in to Sunday afternoon and all but kill the passing game.

12thbrah

Reaction score
treefidy":3f7qktb6 said:
BlueThunder":3f7qktb6 said:

Best team in the league is highly subjective. You haven't beat close to a winning team...

It really doesn't matter who the Hawks have beaten this season. Lets just compare how many players on each squad have been to a Super Bowl and / or have Super Bowl rings and leave it at that. :2thumbs:

treefidy

Reaction score
12thbrah":v9wuwtag said:
It really doesn't matter who the Hawks have beaten this season. Lets just compare how many players on each squad have been to a Super Bowl and / or have Super Bowl rings and leave it at that. :2thumbs:

If that's what you want to compare, that's your choice.

Don't think that will win them future super bowls, or prevent Falcons players from winning games against rosters full of them.

Believe we just defeated the reigning champs last weekend, and the runner up the week before. Why not add the 2013 winner and 2014 runner up to that list?

2_0_6

Reaction score
you beat the Broncos last week? Dang I must have missed that game, and the 50+ posts over the past few days reminding everyone of that.

:stirthepot:

RussB

Reaction score
treefidy":1gkw67kr said:
BlueThunder":1gkw67kr said:

lol i have to chime in. seahawks have been two 2 of the past 3 superbowls and won 1 of them. they have had an elite defense for 4 years now and are battle tested veterans with an offense that could be more dangerous than ever. i think you are the one that is underestimating. hawks have been there and done that, falcons are just showing up to the big dance.

Hawker

Reaction score
We'll probably beat Atlanta twice this season. :2thumbs:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":i03yalby said:
My favorite is when they call Seahawks fans band wagoners. The falcons who in the recent past frequently had tons of open seats in their stadium. :lol:
LOL. And piped-in crowd noise to compensate for those open seats.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
treefidy":1qkjdrms said:
It's not impossible. So far this season we've broken franchise records in scoring and yardage through 5 games. We became the third team in history to defeat the Super Bowl Champ and Runner up in the same season, and we did it back to back. We were the first NFC team to beat the Bronco's in Mile High since 2011.
Falcons fans should feel great about the offense's fast start. Just know that you're on a forum where we remember vividly the 2013 Denver "best offense in the history of the NFL" Broncos and how their fans inundated this board with warnings worthy of an impending nuclear meltdown.

Yes, it's years later. Yes, these Falcons have nothing to do with those Broncos. But the echoes are eerily similar and our defense is still very much in tact, with the players more experienced and just as athletic.

I don't see a blowout either way, but this is shaping up to be an unstoppable force vs immovable object. Over the past 4+ years those games have gone the way of the Seahawks more often than not.

RCATES

Reaction score
treefidy":16r41zf1 said:
12thbrah":16r41zf1 said:

Don't think that will win them future super bowls, or prevent Falcons players from winning games against rosters full of them.

Believe we just defeated the reigning champs last weekend, and the runner up the week before. Why not add the 2013 winner and 2014 runner up to that list?

There's a reason those who actually have been watching football the past 3 years are picking Seattle this week and have yet to take Atlanta seriously at least to the point of thinking they will continue this current winning tradition. Last 3 years including so far this season:

Seahawks: 38-14 (2)NFC Championships, (1)SB Title, 6-2 in the playoffs during that stretch.

Atlanta: 22-31 Zero Playoffs

Basically the same majority core of players for each team.

So remind us and the rest of the league why we should fear this Falcons team?

RussB

Reaction score
RCATES":1v88otpx said:
treefidy":1v88otpx said:
12thbrah":1v88otpx said:

There's a reason those who actually have been watching football the past 3 years are picking Seattle this week and have yet to take Atlanta seriously at least to the point of thinking they will continue this current winning tradition. Last 3 years including so far this season:

Seahawks: 38-14 (2)NFC Championships, (1)SB Title, 6-2 in the playoffs during that stretch.

Havent you heard? They have the best offense the league has ever seen. They will destroy the seahawks. :sarcasm_on:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
They are underestimating our WRs. They have no idea how good Baldwin, Lockett, Kearse, and Richardson are. They're also talking a lot about Wilson being injured and our O-line looking terrible in the first 2 games of the season.

treefidy

Reaction score
RCATES":2t54rfht said:

The same reason the league feared the Seahawks in 2012 and 2013.

If I'm not mistaken, 2010, 2011 the Seahawks were 14-18 in their first 2 seasons with PC, am I wrong?

2012-2013 they went 24-8.

You'd think a fan base such as yours would understand this concept well. Guess you forgot how terrible you used to be.

RCATES

Reaction score
treefidy":2byd61y9 said:
RCATES":2byd61y9 said:

The same reason the league feared the Seahawks in 2012 and 2013.

If I'm not mistaken, 2010, 2011 the Seahawks were 14-18 in their first 2 seasons with PC, am I wrong?

2012-2013 they went 24-8.

You'd think a fan base such as yours would understand this concept well. Guess you forgot how terrible you used to be.

We had to earn that respect. It took awhile to get it nationally. My point was your fanbase is acting like you deserve it now. You don't. Especially after starting 5-0 last year and finishing 3-8. And speaking of past success what has Atlanta done in the last 20 years? Anything worth noting? Seahawks were playoff contenders from 2003-2007 with a NFC championship in 2005. 3 SB visits in the last 10 years. Has Atlanta even made a SB?

treefidy

Reaction score
RCATES":2n2p8den said:
We had to earn that respect. It took awhile to get it nationally. My point was your fanbase is acting like you deserve it now. You don't. Especially after starting 5-0 last year and finishing 3-8. And speaking of past success what has Atlanta done in the last 20 years? Anything worth noting? Seahawks were playoff contenders from 2003-2007 with a NFC championship in 2005. 3 SB visits in the last 10 years. Has Atlanta even made a SB?

You didn't have to earn squat. After Week 5 in the 2012 Season people we all over the Seahawk's bandwagon.

Atlanta has fielded some of it's best teams over the last 10 years, and has been to the super bowl once and the nfc championship twice over the last 20. The only thing Seattle has that we don't is that one ring.

Again. Your teams history is not much different than ours, yet because the last 4 seasons, you seem to have this elitist mentality. Living in the Bay Area my entire life, some of your current fan base doesn't act much different than the Niners. Hopefully you know their fans well enough to take that insult to heart.

2_0_6

Reaction score
treefidy":3icx2a5l said:
RCATES":3icx2a5l said:

You didn't have to earn squat. After Week 5 in the 2012 Season people we all over the Seahawk's bandwagon..

Really? A 3-2 team having a new influx of bandwagon fans?

2012 was all about RG3 and Luck and Russell got no love that year.

Nice try though.