This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Atlanta Falcons

ShockerFalcon

Reaction score
RCATES":2563el2s said:
treefidy":2563el2s said:
12thbrah":2563el2s said:
It really doesn't matter who the Hawks have beaten this season. Lets just compare how many players on each squad have been to a Super Bowl and / or have Super Bowl rings and leave it at that. :2thumbs:

If that's what you want to compare, that's your choice.

Don't think that will win them future super bowls, or prevent Falcons players from winning games against rosters full of them.

Believe we just defeated the reigning champs last weekend, and the runner up the week before. Why not add the 2013 winner and 2014 runner up to that list?

There's a reason those who actually have been watching football the past 3 years are picking Seattle this week and have yet to take Atlanta seriously at least to the point of thinking they will continue this current winning tradition. Last 3 years including so far this season:

Seahawks: 38-14 (2)NFC Championships, (1)SB Title, 6-2 in the playoffs during that stretch.

Atlanta: 22-31 Zero Playoffs

Basically the same majority core of players for each team.

So remind us and the rest of the league why we should fear this Falcons team?

Atlanta only has 5 players on this years team that was on the team that was blown out by the Hawks in 2013 (2 on offense 3 on defense) not sure that counts as a core group. Additionally Matt Ryan is 4-1 vs the Hawks under PC including 2 wins in Seattle and a win in the playoffs

Kaiser

Reaction score
Holy crap the redneckery. Clicking around, i found a thread called "first ali, now kimbo slice", and "G.O.A.T.: muhammad ali or ric flair?"

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ShockerFalcon":3j78hero said:
RCATES":3j78hero said:
treefidy":3j78hero said:
12thbrah":3j78hero said:
It really doesn't matter who the Hawks have beaten this season. Lets just compare how many players on each squad have been to a Super Bowl and / or have Super Bowl rings and leave it at that. :2thumbs:

If that's what you want to compare, that's your choice.

Don't think that will win them future super bowls, or prevent Falcons players from winning games against rosters full of them.

Believe we just defeated the reigning champs last weekend, and the runner up the week before. Why not add the 2013 winner and 2014 runner up to that list?

There's a reason those who actually have been watching football the past 3 years are picking Seattle this week and have yet to take Atlanta seriously at least to the point of thinking they will continue this current winning tradition. Last 3 years including so far this season:

Seahawks: 38-14 (2)NFC Championships, (1)SB Title, 6-2 in the playoffs during that stretch.

Atlanta: 22-31 Zero Playoffs

Basically the same majority core of players for each team.

So remind us and the rest of the league why we should fear this Falcons team?

Atlanta only has 5 players on this years team that was on the team that was blown out by the Hawks in 2013 (2 on offense 3 on defense) not sure that counts as a core group. Additionally Matt Ryan is 4-1 vs the Hawks under PC including 2 wins in Seattle and a win in the playoffs

I was curious about the 4-1 since the Pete Carroll era so I went back and looked at the games and could only count 4 games. 2 of which were 2010 we were a 7-9 team and you were playing against Hasselbeck and a completely rebuilt team in Pete's first year of his rebuild. We didn't have hardly any of the core players that make this team who they are now.

2011 the team had started to form but Tarvaris Jackson was the QB and we again went 7-9.

We did meet up in the divisional round in 2012 playoffs and you won 30-28 but that game serves my opinion of our chances better than yours.

It was the 2nd week in a row on the road and playing a 10am start after a game we lost our only remaining pass rusher, our kicker (which ended up being a huge part of why you were in good field position to start that 31 second drive to get to field goal range) and Lynch sprained an ankle.

Did I mention Wilson was a rookie that year?

Are you aware that no west coast team has ever won a 10am playoff game until last year when we did? We got off to a horrible start just like the week before going down 21-0 at the half and came all the way back to take a lead with 31 seconds. If we had a pass rusher or maybe even a kicker that could get some hang time or kick into the end zone you may not have made that field goal. We also opted to punt one time when we would normally have taken a shot at around a 45 yard field goal.

The next meeting was a an absolute curb stomping in 13 in your house with us kicking your teeth in to the tune of 33-10.

So unless I am missing a game Wilson is 1-1 with a close loss in a game we shouldn't have even had a chance in and one blowout in your house.

I looked this up because I have seen multiple times a Falcons fan has stated this (though the other ones said 3-1) as if there is some type of ownership of Carroll when in reality you have to ignore alot of information if your a Falcons fan, to feel good about that 3-1.

Hey the Seahawks are 9-6 all time against the Falcons. Guess that trumps your 3-1 then huh? Whats that? You say those games from last century don't count? Yeah I agree with you but they are definitely as relevant as beating Tarvaris Jackson.

Thanks for making me actually go back and review. I actually feel better about this game after doing a little fact checking.

treefidy

Reaction score
RichNhansom":35sug3f0 said:
I was curious about the 4-1 since the Pete Carroll era so I went back and looked at the games and could only count 4 games. 2 of which were 2010 we were a 7-9 team and you were playing against Hasselbeck and a completely rebuilt team in Pete's first year of his rebuild. We didn't have hardly any of the core players that make this team who they are now.

2011 the team had started to form but Tarvaris Jackson was the QB and we again went 7-9.

We did meet up in the divisional round in 2012 playoffs and you won 30-28 but that game serves my opinion of our chances better than yours.

It was the 2nd week in a row on the road and playing a 10am start after a game we lost our only remaining pass rusher, our kicker (which ended up being a huge part of why you were in good field position to start that 31 second drive to get to field goal range) and Lynch sprained an ankle.

Are you aware that no west coast team has ever won a 10am playoff game until last year when we did? We got off to a horrible start just like the week before going down 21-0 at the half and came all the way back to take a lead with 31 seconds. If we had a pass rusher or maybe even a kicker that could get some hang time or kick into the end zone you may not have made that field goal. We also opted to punt one time when we would normally have taken a shot at around a 45 yard field goal.

The next meeting was a an absolute curb stomping in 13 in your house with us kicking your teeth in to the tune of 33-10.

So unless I am missing a game Wilson is 1-1 with a close loss in a game we shouldn't have even had a chance in and one blowout in your house.

I looked this up because I have seen multiple times a Falcons fan has stated this (though the other ones said 3-1) as if there is some type of ownership of Carroll when in reality you have to ignore alot of information if your a Falcons fan, to feel good about that 3-1.

Hey the Seahawks are 9-6 all time against the Falcons. Guess that trumps your 3-1 then huh? Whats that? You say those games from last century don't count? Yeah I agree with you but they are definitely as relevant as beating Tarvaris Jackson.

Thanks for making me actually go back and review. I actually feel better about this game after doing a little fact checking.

4-1 is Ryan's record vs the Seahawks.\

2013 we went 4-12. Congrats on that muscle flexing win.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
treefidy":n8319kv1 said:

So he's 4-1 against the colors/logo, but not against this current team.

Ryan went 4-12 in 2013. Thanks for the reminder of that important stat, too.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
treefidy":1c2nqfxw said:
RichNhansom":1c2nqfxw said:

And 2013 you went 13-3 with the #1 seed and it took a 2nd week in a row road game, starting at 10am without any remaining pass rushers an injured Lynch and kicker off the street to beat a rookie QB just barely.

I'm not the one pounding my chest about we're 4-1 against Pete. My point was pretty simple in if you look at that the only games that had any meaning at all the Seahawks look like the better team.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":31hqg9vo said:
treefidy":31hqg9vo said:

So he's 4-1 against the colors/logo, but not against this current team.

Ryan went 4-12 in 2013. Thanks for the reminder of that important stat, too.

We should only be regarding Ryan's wins against Russell Wilson led Hawks teams. Of which he has only 1.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Quote from their main board tells me all I need to know:

GOT zebra'd all game long. No calls on Bennett roughing the Passer twice, or thr penalty at the end. On the bright side at least Bennett is hurt and he deserved it.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
They should rename that place Twatlanta.

It seems that their main board is down, personally I blame the refs for that.

253hawk

Reaction score
They should be careful with all of that salt. I've heard it makes your birds unable to fly if you get a little on their tail feathers.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Funny them making fun of our board, but when theirs gets a lil' bit of traffic it shuts it down. Talk about AOL era.

Would we have been mad if the shoe was on the other foot with the last PI call? Yes, for sure.

The mistakes our defense made in this game never happen. For it to even be close was a gift to them. missed FG, blocked EP, defense allowing multiple blown coverages and the opposing team getting 21 in 1 qtr? Thats the worst I've seen in this era for a qtr of hawks football.

The thing is though, we have a lot of level headed people that would have pointed out the calls that did go our way to even make it a close game (2 kearse PI no calls and hands to the face by JJ on sherman). Calls always go both ways. The hands to the face on sherman was BLATANT and pushed him out of his way to even allow JJ to get off the line.

Let them cry.

After watching that team play, they are 10-6 or 11-5 team anyway. They are not balanced and rely on poor defense for anything to happen. That is not a playoff success recipe. They might make the playoffs, but probably won't go far, and Zero chance they make it to the big game.

Let em cry, we probably won't see them again this year. On to the cards.

Polaris

Reaction score
RussB":1bleilfg said:
Another qoute from there lol

"We won this game they know it we know it."

Pfft. That sounds like our resident ATL troll. Moral Victories and a cup of coffee is worth the cup of coffee and no more. At the end of the day, Seattle gets the W and ATL gets the L. Bottom line [and SEA dominated ATL for 3 quarters out of four including the critical 4th qtr, and had a +2 turnover ratio....but don't bother to tell the ATL fans. They aren't willing to hear it.]

sdog1981

Reaction score
This was one of the best Enemy Fan Forums since the glory days of 2012-2014 49ers.

Latest posts