This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Atlanta Falcons

12thbrah

Reaction score
treefidy":2hzn6hpg said:
RCATES":2hzn6hpg said:
We had to earn that respect. It took awhile to get it nationally. My point was your fanbase is acting like you deserve it now. You don't. Especially after starting 5-0 last year and finishing 3-8. And speaking of past success what has Atlanta done in the last 20 years? Anything worth noting? Seahawks were playoff contenders from 2003-2007 with a NFC championship in 2005. 3 SB visits in the last 10 years. Has Atlanta even made a SB?

You didn't have to earn squat. After Week 5 in the 2012 Season people we all over the Seahawk's bandwagon.

Atlanta has fielded some of it's best teams over the last 10 years, and has been to the super bowl once and the nfc championship twice over the last 20. The only thing Seattle has that we don't is that one ring.

Again. Your teams history is not much different than ours, yet because the last 4 seasons, you seem to have this elitist mentality. Living in the Bay Area my entire life, some of your current fan base doesn't act much different than the Niners. Hopefully you know their fans well enough to take that insult to heart.

Elitist mentality huh? Kind of like going on an opposing teams website and insulting their fanbase. Point taken.

:yawn:

RCATES

Reaction score
treefidy":qmzhsbql said:
RCATES":qmzhsbql said:
We had to earn that respect. It took awhile to get it nationally. My point was your fanbase is acting like you deserve it now. You don't. Especially after starting 5-0 last year and finishing 3-8. And speaking of past success what has Atlanta done in the last 20 years? Anything worth noting? Seahawks were playoff contenders from 2003-2007 with a NFC championship in 2005. 3 SB visits in the last 10 years. Has Atlanta even made a SB?

You didn't have to earn squat. After Week 5 in the 2012 Season people we all over the Seahawk's bandwagon.

Atlanta has fielded some of it's best teams over the last 10 years, and has been to the super bowl once and the nfc championship twice over the last 20. The only thing Seattle has that we don't is that one ring.

Again. Your teams history is not much different than ours, yet because the last 4 seasons, you seem to have this elitist mentality. Living in the Bay Area my entire life, some of your current fan base doesn't act much different than the Niners. Hopefully you know their fans well enough to take that insult to heart.

Last 10 years you have tasted the playoffs in half of those and are 1-4. I guess that's equal to Seattle's being in the playoffs 8 of those 10 and going 12-7 with 3 NFC championships and a SB champion. Please go you're just throwing out nonsense at this point.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
treefidy":31f9v061 said:
Best team in the league is highly subjective. You haven't beat close to a winning team...

I think underestimating is happening on your end.

Man, I sure hope I'm on the winning end of this.... I realize I could be SO screwed here, and I SO hope I'm not... :lol: But, I'm not all that worried. But if I am on the losing end of our game here, I will eat the crow, I promise. But the real question is... Will you come back if we just destroy your team? Respect, man... And I will acknowledge it if you do somehow find a way to destroy us... K? I really like the guys that do, and many of those guys are regular posters here from our own division. Rams, Cards, and even Niners fans... Will you join the ranks of closet Seahawk fans? :lol:

treefidy

Reaction score
BlueThunder":16dy4o7o said:
Man, I sure hope I'm on the winning end of this.... I realize I could be SO screwed here, but I SO hope I'm not... :lol: But, I'm not all that worried. But if I am, I will eat the crow, I promise. Will you come back?

It's the internet, I'm not scared of it. Of course I'll be here...

...congratulating you all on your loss.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
treefidy":29vmaped said:
BlueThunder":29vmaped said:
Man, I sure hope I'm on the winning end of this.... I realize I could be SO screwed here, but I SO hope I'm not... :lol: But, I'm not all that worried. But if I am, I will eat the crow, I promise. Will you come back?

It's the internet, I'm not scared of it. Of course I'll be here...

...congratulating you all on your loss.

Cool. you have regular poster pedigree... A prick, but not THAT much of a prick... Like most of our non-Seahawks fan "guests"... lmao... :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

And a Seahawks loss would be a complete upset.... Just sayin'.... Good luck Fidy.... :D :thcoffee:

treefidy

Reaction score
BlueThunder":ac8qpmsn said:
Cool. you have regular poster pedigree... A prick, but not THAT much of a prick... Like most of our non-Seahawks fan "guests"... lmao... :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

Appreciate it... I think :2thumbs:

Here's hoping zero injuries and a good game.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
treefidy":mfxkcjz9 said:

Yes, absolutely zero injuries for either team for sure! Thanks for being mostly cool Fidy... Cool, un-hostile enemy posters are always welcome here. :irishdrinkers: Truly do wish the best for your team this year... Every game that doesn't involve MY team that is... heh heh... Enjoy it man. It's awesome to have a great team to root for. We've been spoiled after decades of irrelevance, so it's all the sweeter for us! Take it in.... Ahhhhh... So good, huh? lol! Congrats on what looks to be one hell of a Falcons team... Looks like a real challenge for us.

treefidy

Reaction score
BlueThunder":pr46ty7l said:
treefidy":pr46ty7l said:

Yes, absolutely zero injuries for either team for sure! Thanks for being mostly cool Fidy... Cool, un-hostile enemy posters are always welcome here. :irishdrinkers: Truly do wish the best for your team this year... Every game that doesn't involve MY team that is... heh heh... Enjoy it man. It's great to have a great team to root for. We've been spoiled after decades of irrelevance, so it's all the sweeter! Take it in.... Ahhhhh... So good, huh? lol!

Believe me. I know how you used to feel, and then some...

Hope to know how you currently feel some day.

All of my sports teams are cursed though ;)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
treefidy":3gprcimh said:
RCATES":3gprcimh said:
There's a reason those who actually have been watching football the past 3 years are picking Seattle this week and have yet to take Atlanta seriously at least to the point of thinking they will continue this current winning tradition. Last 3 years including so far this season:

Seahawks: 38-14 (2)NFC Championships, (1)SB Title, 6-2 in the playoffs during that stretch.

Atlanta: 22-31 Zero Playoffs

Basically the same majority core of players for each team.

So remind us and the rest of the league why we should fear this Falcons team?

The same reason the league feared the Seahawks in 2012 and 2013.

If I'm not mistaken, 2010, 2011 the Seahawks were 14-18 in their first 2 seasons with PC, am I wrong?

2012-2013 they went 24-8.

You'd think a fan base such as yours would understand this concept well. Guess you forgot how terrible you used to be.

10 was a complete dismanteling of the team with Matt Hasselbeck on the decline and no weapons.

11 was a better team but Tarvaras Jackson.

12 started the era of Wilson.

You have had mostly the same team and definitely some key impact players intact for how many years now?

It remains to be seen if the Falcons have actually turned a corner or are on the verge of another implosion. This isn't even the first time you have looked unstoppable.

Even your biggest homers have to question if you really have arrived so it stands to reason why others might question it also.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Wow!
Reading through some of the posts in that forum is like being in a room full of 9 year olds talking about how great they are compared to the big kids. Very painful to the brain.

RCATES

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":h5j7m5z6 said:
Wow!
Reading through some of the posts in that forum is like being in a room full of 9 year olds talking about how great they are compared to the big kids. Very painful to the brain.

They actually started a game thread on last nights game rooting hard for Denver that went over a half dozen pages deep. Knowing that last nights performance exposed Denver as just being ok this year and not Great.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Lot of hate, racist type remarks as well, pretty nasty stuff.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
And what is with the knock on this board? They seem to liken this board to something from the AOL era. I'm not sure they have ever stepped back to look at themselves.

RussB

Reaction score
I dont think these falcons fans realize that they will be toast if their offense gets shut down. Falcons have been doing good but thats because there offense hasnt really been slowed, once someone shuts their offense down or limits them to feild goals their defense wont hold up and they will lose.

Seahawks are the perfect team for that, defense is highly capable of containing the offense. And i honestly dont think that thier defense can stop graham, michael, richardson,lockett, and baldwin all together. We have the more complete team falcons fans, and barring any miracles sunday should prove it. Thats the reason you guys are underdogs and most analysts picked against you. Its called being objective mr treefidy

Skookum

Reaction score
RussB":ux1xfglu said:
I dont think these falcons fans realize that they will be toast if their offense gets shut down. Falcons have been doing good but thats because there offense hasnt really been slowed, once someone shuts their offense down or limits them to feild goals their defense wont hold up and they will lose.

Seahawks are the perfect team for that, defense is highly capable of containing the offense. And i honestly dont think that thier defense can stop graham, michael, richardson,lockett, and baldwin all together. We have the more complete team falcons fans, and barring any miracles sunday should prove it. Thats the reason you guys are underdogs and most analysts picked against you. Its called being objective mr treefidy

Agreed. Wilson has plenty of weapons to choose from, and with the Falcons allowing 28 points per game, this should be a good game for the Hawks.

mort

Reaction score
treefidy":3ft8xk54 said:
Hawk_Nation":3ft8xk54 said:
Were taking up way too much space in your brain oneseventyfive. Its actually becoming quite funny. Personally I have much better things to do with my time than register on an opposing teams forum and debate for days on end about stats and things that "could/should or maybe will" happen.

At the end of the day its a game that you have no control over. R.E.L.A.X

Go Hawks

I'm perfectly fine. Don't think I've displayed otherwise.

I think he meant to say you tenacity is hmmmm, quite tenacious.
I've been here for years and you prolly have more posts than me in the last week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderbender123

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1d6dcb9j said:
And what is with the knock on this board? They seem to liken this board to something from the AOL era. I'm not sure they have ever stepped back to look at themselves.

That's the worst opinion I've seen from these guys so far. The layout and features of this board are better than any other NFL board I've ever visited.

ShockerFalcon

Reaction score
A Falcon fan checking in wishing you guys luck on sunday. It's shaping up to be a good game (hopefully injury free). Feels like it could go either way and I would feel no shame with the Falcons losing on the road in one of the toughest venues in the league (of course I feel like my team will win)