Hobbled Seahawks Barely Threaten Rams, Lose 9-3

ivotuk

Reaction score
"This was not new

Seattle rushed for a paltry 67 yards on 24 carries. The first reaction from many fans and media is that this line is terrible and the sky is falling.

Have those people watched this series the last four seasons? Guess the last time the Seahawks offense rushed for 67 yards or less. If you said last season against the Rams (60 yards on 22 carries), you would be correct.

That was by far the worst rushing performance of the season for the Seahawks, a full 40 yards less than their next worst game. Yeah, but the line sucked last season!

Okay, let’s go back to the famed 2013 season. Seattle rushed for their lowest total in the past four years (44 yards on 15 carries) with Marshawn Lynch in the backfield against the Rams. That was even before Aaron Donald was in tow.

It was a terrible rushing performance. To treat it as if it was some new low is baseless grandstanding."

http://www.hawkblogger.com/2016/09/morn ... e-9-3.html

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
All the more reason to switch to power running to negate their speed. It's doable for one game, because the Rams personnel are kryptonite against the ZBS. Evil Bill B. could pull it off. Why can't Pete?

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The fact that we play them and do the same thing over and over again is a little scary.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Its not that the sky is falling. The story substantiates what many of us see here as a limitation to the coaching staff. No adjustment to the known team.

Other teams have found ways to scheme around the Rams

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

NINEster

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":ti2xm8xd said:
All the more reason to switch to power running to negate their speed. It's doable for one game, because the Rams personnel are kryptonite against the ZBS. Evil Bill B. could pull it off. Why can't Pete?

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Yes, it seems like the Rams have the perfect DL against a ZBS team like the Hawks that do not have the ability to transition to power like other teams.

Bill B's team has a more proven threat in the passing game than Pete.....teams aren't going 9 in the box against New England for another 5 years minimum.

253hawk

Reaction score
What's stupid is that we only put up 14 less yards on offense than SF did. How the hell we come up with 25 points less is inexplicably frustrating.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
253hawk":1qtet8od said:
What's stupid is that we only put up 14 less yards on offense than SF did. How the hell we come up with 25 points less is inexplicably frustrating.

Turnovers. And not the Apple variety, although they're yummy too.

One advantage that Bellicheck has, is that with Tom Brady, he has had success for a long time, so when he tells his players to do something, they listen, they "buy in" wholeheartedly because they know if they don't, they're gone.

There are some Phd's that only take on 2 Post Doctorate Students at a time, because 3 is the max that the Nobel committee will award for a single breakthrough, and these certain Phd's, have a history of of breakthrough's. So when they get Post-Doctoral Students, they get the best, and those students do everything they are told.

Bill Bellicheck is one of those Phd's. I dislike having to admit this because he has been caught cheating before, and for doing so has gotten similar punishments that the Seahawks get for practicing too hard (wow that sounds fair).

But even with his cheating, he is an elite coach, and it's too bad he felt the necessity to cheat, because it will always taint what is a great record. There will always be a "yeah but" associated with his winning. That's his own fault though.

BUt back to the topic at hand, I wish the Seahawks would game plan a little more for the Rams. I mean how many games do we have to play in the heat and i look on the TV screen to see that AGAIN! There are people holding whatever they can find over our defensive line for shade because the guys are burning up! Didn't we learn ANYTHING from the San Diego game a couple of years ago? Hello....

HawkinNY

Reaction score
ivotuk":pn4ja1x1 said:
253hawk":pn4ja1x1 said:

Turnovers. And not the Apple variety, although they're yummy too.

Exactly. And Seattle doesn't get that many turnovers anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk