Bevell Rehashing the Worst Call in NFL History

dogorama

Reaction score
Well honestly, I wasn't sure it was the worst call in NFL history until I saw a poster write this in another thread:

Alex Collins up the gut twice was the end for me. I lost my mind.

Especially after CM just ripped off two good outside runs and had the Ram's defense on their heals. What did he think? That the outside runs softened up the inside? You couldn't have driven a truck full of rocks through the inside yesterday! And then, well that didn't work worth crap, they'll never think I would do it twice in-a-row. Hell no they don't think you would do that twice in-a-row because only a g-damned IDIOT would try it twice in-a-row!

THIS ISN'T MADDEN 17 BEVELL, IT'S THE FREAKIN' NFL!

ACFan

Reaction score
dogorama":392gzss3 said:
Well honestly, I wasn't sure it was the worst call in NFL history until I saw a poster write this in another thread:

Especially after CM just ripped off two good outside runs and had the Ram's defense on their heals. What did he think? That the outside runs softened up the inside? You couldn't have driven a truck full of rocks through the inside yesterday! And then, well that didn't work worth crap, they'll never think I would do it twice in-a-row. Hell no they don't think you would do that twice in-a-row because only a g-damned IDIOT would try it twice in-a-row!

I was so excited to see AC enter the game after C-Mike was getting us down the field and needed a breather.

I was hoping/expecting to see play-action, where AC could demonstrate his pass protection skills, or maybe slip out into the flat to receive. didn't happen.

surely expected it the second time, or at least a toss outside. nope

if AC is going to see spot play the next few games, I hope they put him in positions to utilize what he can do, and not be put in bad play calls and no win situations.

CJ needs to get healthy, and they need to give him and AC plays that will get them going. showcase what they can do when they get in the game.

the offense needs a spark from somewhere.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
ACFan":328g3sj4 said:
dogorama":328g3sj4 said:

I was so excited to see AC enter the game after C-Mike was getting us down the field and needed a breather.

I was hoping/expecting to see play-action, where AC could demonstrate his pass protection skills, or maybe slip out into the flat to receive. didn't happen.

surely expected it the second time, or at least a toss outside. nope

if AC is going to see spot play the next few games, I hope they put him in positions to utilize what he can do, and not be put in bad play calls and no win situations.

CJ needs to get healthy, and they need to give him and AC plays that will get them going. showcase what they can do when they get in the game.

the offense needs a spark from somewhere.

No doubt, and I certainly didn't mean to cast any aspersions at him, Bevell didn't do him any favors either.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Now you know why I was so upset with losing Pope.

We needed him.

In the event that Rawls was not 100% (he wasn't) or got hurt again (he did).

To return kicks and punts if Lockett (who tends to get knocked around out there on some of those deep balls) gets hurt.

Field position was big in that game, not having a viable PR or KR hurt us. At one point, I saw Sherman out there returning.

AC wasn't ready. Procise is either injured or something else (don't care).

Michael may have needed a break but then you find a way to pass, you don't just pee away an important drive to run up the gut twice with a completely ineffective RB.

Truthfully, the coach should have done his job and forced Wilson to sit out. We very likely score more with Boykin, even considering the 1 or 2 picks he might give up. Wilson trying to Cal Ripken this lost the game before it started because Wilson that cannot move behind a line that cannot protect is a loss before the ball is kicked off.

We are honestly just going to have to get used to more losses. You do not win them all with a suspect OL and an incompetent OC. I have accepted that.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Pope really tore it up against guys who are on practice squads now, I guess. I'm not sure he is the answer.

I am pretty sure firing Bevell is a good way to start getting to the answer though.

mrt144

Reaction score
2nd and 11 with a back who hasn't really shown much promise...make 3rd down attainable for the love of Nuffle. If Collins is good at blocking then utilize him for that. If it is too much of a tell that him in the backfield means we aren't running look for a screen pass with a chip by Collins...

It's so frustrating to see the same ineffective stuff done again and again despite lack of results. Even I, a marginal man of marginal intellect has some sort of recursive awareness.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1rlitlpa said:
Pope really tore it up against guys who are on practice squads now, I guess. I'm not sure he is the answer.

I am pretty sure firing Bevell is a good way to start getting to the answer though.

While it's true that Pope tore it up against the second stringers, just as Rawls did in his debut LAST pre-season...their comparative numbers don't lie.
You have to admit, Collins didn't show that he was as adept at playing against the same #2's as Pope did.....Again, the numbers don't lie.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
If our goal is to just make the playoffs, we should be fine. But another Lombardi probably not if we keep the same Modus Operandi. Hopefully this loss was bad enough offensively that we see some changes next week. The lack of a good offensive gameplan and the inability to adjust isn't masked by a beast of a running back and the best mobile QB in the game right now. Have to scheme for the personnel available.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":u52fcu1j said:
theENGLISHseahawk":u52fcu1j said:
Bevell thread #792

And still making the same mistakes. What is the definition of insanity again?

Yep, the same mistakes that led to two Super Bowl appearances, a record breaking passing offense last season, a prolific run attack and a top ten offense per DVOA.

What an absolute disaster.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1jmwo3mk said:
johnnyfever":1jmwo3mk said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1jmwo3mk said:
Bevell thread #792

Yep, the same mistakes that led to two Super Bowl appearances, a record breaking passing offense last season, a prolific run attack and a top ten offense per DVOA.

Yesterday was.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1hyzshlc said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1hyzshlc said:
johnnyfever":1hyzshlc said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1hyzshlc said:
Bevell thread #792

Yesterday was.

Yeah the injury ravaged offense got their arses kicked in a game. It happens.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":hb1z6k24 said:
johnnyfever":hb1z6k24 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":hb1z6k24 said:
Bevell thread #792

Talking about "same" how many times do the Bevell apologists make the same exact post all over the board?

The Super Bowl appearances were achieved on the backs of a relentless great running back AND a completely inventive QB who made plays in spite of the play calls, not because of them.

Now, we don't have that running back and our QB is no longer mobile and is like any other QB in the league. If what you said was true, then my assertion would be incorrect, BUT it is NOT.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":tl9ph1kv said:
johnnyfever":tl9ph1kv said:
theENGLISHseahawk":tl9ph1kv said:
Bevell thread #792

A record breaking passing offense AFTER a scheme and strategic offensive change, that we have not seen this year yet. Let's not rest on our laurels. Since winning the superbowl we have taken a step back every year worse than the previous. If you are good with that, great. I am not as this level of talent and cohesiveness on a roster is rare (except the OL).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":a3g6sdgc said:
Yeah the injury ravaged offense got their arses kicked in a game. It happens.

Injuries aside, I ask you and anyone and everyone on these boards that believe there is no problem with Bevell..... why are the Hawks running the RO with a QB that is clearly no threat to run because of injury? Why are there no passes to the 8 million dollar 6'7" TE in the red zone? Why an empty backfield set on 4th and inches removing any threat of a running play? Why send a rookie RB into the teeth of a defensive line that has given the Seahawks much trouble 2 times in a row? etc., etc., etc.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
dogorama":3k8op3pk said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3k8op3pk said:
johnnyfever":3k8op3pk said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3k8op3pk said:
Bevell thread #792

Talking about "same" how many times do the Bevell apologists make the same exact post all over the board?

The Super Bowl appearances were achieved on the backs of a relentless great running back AND a completely inventive QB who made plays in spite of the play calls, not because of them.

Now, we don't have that running back and our QB is no longer mobile and is like any other QB in the league. If what you said was true, then my assertion would be incorrect, BUT it is NOT.

The "apologists" (or, in most cases, those who just aren't interested in a scapegoat every time the team loses a damn game) make that post because it's a compelling argument.

It's asinine to suggest Bevell played virtually no role in the teams success. He's the offensive coordinator for cripes sake.

And yeah -- with the QB playing on one leg, the running back replacement for Beast Mode injured, the right guard out, the third down RB out, two receivers leaving the game through injury -- the offense got it's arse kicked.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1geny3og said:
..... why are the Hawks running the RO with a QB that is clearly no threat to run because of injury?

Excellent, this should have been included in my OP where I referenced "only a g-damned IDIOT" (would have thought they were fooling anyone with that play.)

That, and your other examples combined w/mine just make you shake your head when you see someone trying to demean posters who are questioning the obvious. Are these people watching the same game as me? I have a 70" TV, are they watching the game on a 3" smartphone? :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_off:

Wake up and smell the coffee! :lol:

HawkGA

Reaction score
English - do you really think the injuries made that big of a difference? Do you think the offense would have been "clicking" if not for those injuries? I'm fine with the blame Carrol's philsophy argument but I think blaming injuries is a cop out.

mrt144

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3o740n4i said:
And yeah -- with the QB playing on one leg, the running back replacement for Beast Mode injured, the right guard out, the third down RB out, two receivers leaving the game through injury -- the offense got it's arse kicked.

If this is the best recipe we can get with those ingredients maybe we need another chef.

Latest posts