Bevell Rehashing the Worst Call in NFL History

hawker84

Reaction score
What an absolute disaster Yesterday was.

Yeah the injury ravaged offense got their arses kicked in a game. It happens.

Injury ravaged offense is your excuse? please we've been getting our ass kicked by the rams for 4 years now, give it a rest. Yes we've won a few games here and there, but the Rams have clearly figured out Bevell.

Fact is people, and I'm one, is sick and tired of seeing this offense, under achieve in the first half of every season, first half of every game, since Bevell's been here. We have legit weapons across the board on offense, and they under achieve on a weekly basis. And don't tell me it's because of the O line. We went to the SB with McQuiston, who in my opinion is one of the worst Linemen I've ever seen, and we had him at tackle for a bit. We've had a bad O line for 5 years now. Fact is it's not until we're behind in the game, or season for that matter, does Bevell decide to open up the offense and let RW do what RW does. We see it year after year after year......

Depite what you think, we went to two SB's and have had success the last few years because, we have RW, and we had Lynch, and we have a pretty darn good D. Despite Bevell and his predictable play calling. 1 TD in 8 quarters? let that soak in.....

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
They put AC in after Christina whiffed on a blitz up the middle. Got RW hammered.

HawkerD

Reaction score
ACFan":1vciwmnz said:
dogorama":1vciwmnz said:
Well honestly, I wasn't sure it was the worst call in NFL history until I saw a poster write this in another thread:

Alex Collins up the gut twice was the end for me. I lost my mind.

Especially after CM just ripped off two good outside runs and had the Ram's defense on their heals. What did he think? That the outside runs softened up the inside? You couldn't have driven a truck full of rocks through the inside yesterday! And then, well that didn't work worth crap, they'll never think I would do it twice in-a-row. Hell no they don't think you would do that twice in-a-row because only a g-damned IDIOT would try it twice in-a-row!

THIS ISN'T MADDEN 17 BEVELL, IT'S THE FREAKIN' NFL!

I was so excited to see AC enter the game after C-Mike was getting us down the field and needed a breather.

I was hoping/expecting to see play-action, where AC could demonstrate his pass protection skills, or maybe slip out into the flat to receive. didn't happen.

surely expected it the second time, or at least a toss outside. nope

if AC is going to see spot play the next few games, I hope they put him in positions to utilize what he can do, and not be put in bad play calls and no win situations.

CJ needs to get healthy, and they need to give him and AC plays that will get them going. showcase what they can do when they get in the game.

the offense needs a spark from somewhere.

You must be related to the dude. Calling it...Out of the league by opening weekend 2018, if not before. He was clearly beat out in camp by a guy off the street.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkNuts":201gkqhp said:
They put AC in after Christina whiffed on a blitz up the middle. Got RW hammered.
Ummmmmm, no. They put him in when Michael had 2 longer runs back to back and was gassed in 88 degree heat.
You don't like Michael, fine but please be fair.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":2cv195h7 said:
English - do you really think the injuries made that big of a difference?

Yes. I don't know why anyone would argue otherwise.

Do you think the offense would have been "clicking" if not for those injuries?

I don't know. We'll never know. I suspect a healthy Russell Wilson playing at 100% alone would've led to a major improvement on what we saw. When you have the best mobile QB in the NFL and a Head Coach who repeatedly refers to wanting 'the best scrambling offense in the NFL' and then require said QB to play with a high ankle sprain I don't see why anyone would think this wouldn't majorly impact the performance.

I'm fine with the blame Carrol's philsophy argument but I think blaming injuries is a cop out.

Then I think you need to understand how serious a high ankle sprain is and re-check the unprecedented long list of injuries this team has on offense right now.

drrew

Reaction score
HawkNuts":uimo1jjf said:

They put AC in after Michael went for 10 yards and then 16 yards on the first two plays of a drive.

Lose the misogynist 'Christina' crap, it especially looks worse when your facts are wrong.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Collins looked so damn slow I thought he was running in molasses. He posed no threat.

StoneCold

Reaction score
HawkGA":2olk5e2j said:
English - do you really think the injuries made that big of a difference? Do you think the offense would have been "clicking" if not for those injuries? I'm fine with the blame Carrol's philsophy argument but I think blaming injuries is a cop out.

Injuries, penalties and the odd play here and there are the difference between winning and losing most games in the NFL.

I think it's great to discuss play calls you disagree with, but the house on fire attitude is baffling. I don't care what coach you're talking about, if a move they make doesn't work out there are any number of people who will claim they knew it was a mistake. Whether it be leaving/taking out a pitcher or calling a run up the middle. When it works you're a genius and when it doesn't your an idiot. But people seem to forget there is a player on the other side of the ball with some skills and he wants it as bad as your guy does. Football is hard.

quneur

Reaction score
You can't fully blame Bevell for this loss. He sets the game plan and calls out plays but while on the clock, Wilson adjusts from what he sees the defense is giving them. Wilson made a lot of his own calls at the line yesterday.

What I did see is Seahawks sorely miss Okung.

And the game plan was wrong from the start. Wilson lost most of his mobility due to injury. They tried to make up for it by making him a traditional 'pocket' passer which he isn't and the formations were wrong for it. The typical pocket passers have plays where they take snaps under center and have those quick slant routes. Something Wilson didn't do yesterday (which is probably for the best with this line).

1. What I observed during the game. Wilson changed the plays a lot in the latter part of the 3rd and 4th. Which makes sense to why he has a lot of comeback victories. Wilson executes Bevell's plans in the first half then calls his own when he needs to.

2. We always start with Wilson under center with a full and half back which certainly means run (last time I recall they successfully faked that play was four years ago against a visiting Patriots and Sydney Rice caught the pass for the win.)

3. Every substitution in the back field meant they would get the ball on that play. Every time we inserted a FB, it meant a run play.

4. Finally, Jeff Fisher blitz a lot yesterday. Perhaps because Wilson wasn't 100% in which case the play action meant nada as he will always hand it off to the running back.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
quneur":3mtlkgbs said:
You can't fully blame Bevell for this loss. He sets the game plan and calls out plays but while on the clock, Wilson adjusts from what he sees the defense is giving them. Wilson made a lot of his own calls at the line yesterday.

What I did see is Seahawks sorely miss Okung.

And the game plan was wrong from the start. Wilson lost most of his mobility due to injury. They tried to make up for it by making him a traditional 'pocket' passer which he isn't and the formations were wrong for it. The typical pocket passers have plays where they take snaps under center and have those quick slant routes. Something Wilson didn't do yesterday (which is probably for the best with this line).

1. What I observed during the game. Wilson changed the plays a lot in the latter part of the 3rd and 4th. Which makes sense to why he has a lot of comeback victories. Wilson executes Bevell's plans in the first half then calls his own when he needs to.

2. We always start with Wilson under center with a full and half back which certainly means run (last time I recall they successfully faked that play was four years ago against a visiting Patriots and Sydney Rice caught the pass for the win.)

3. Every substitution in the back field meant they would get the ball on that play. Every time we inserted a FB, it meant a run play.

4. Finally, Jeff Fisher blitz a lot yesterday. Perhaps because Wilson wasn't 100% in which case the play action meant nada as he will always hand it off to the running back.

I don't want to slam your post, but you say that you don't want to blame Bevell, and then you go on to list his extreme predictabiity and how we aren't successful until RW starts audibling out of his plays. :eek:

I can't say I disagree w/anything you wrote though.

JimmyG

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":217m00ii said:
johnnyfever":217m00ii said:
theENGLISHseahawk":217m00ii said:
Bevell thread #792

And still making the same mistakes. What is the definition of insanity again?

Yep, the same mistakes that led to two Super Bowl appearances, a record breaking passing offense last season, a prolific run attack and a top ten offense per DVOA.

What an absolute disaster.
Remember, when we get a new offensive coordinator, he's not going to have any tendencies we dislike. Our offense will be even better, it's definitely Bevell that is holding us back. All we need to go do is get rid of him and then everything will be magically okay.

Latest posts