What's changed so quickly?

Rob12

Reaction score
I know this isn't last year, but this offense was unstoppable over the last half of last season. And after two games, this genuinely looks like the worst offense in football. Of course we know that's not true, but I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that our offense has scored one touchdown in two games against middle of the pack defenses.

I know the offensive line is an issue, but was last year's line (who was on pace to allow more sacks through seven games last season than any offensive line in NFL history) that much better?

This offense... It's painful how brutal it's been. And despite how good our defense is, I miss the ball hawking, turnover creating machine of the past couple of years.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
It's very troubling I agree . The Offensive line took a big step back Sowell Glowinski and Britt just aren't good enough. If i'd known they were going to replace OKung Lewis and Sweezy with Britt Sowell and Glowinski I would have said they will be lucky to make the playoffs. I don't want to be to negative but it's hard to be optimistic right now.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":37hbijln said:
It's very troubling I agree . The Offensive line took a big step back Sowell Glowinski and Britt just aren't good enough. If i'd known they were going to replace OKung Lewis and Sweezy with Britt Sowell and Glowinski I would have said they will be lucky to make the playoffs. I don't want to be to negative but it's hard to be optimistic right now.

What are you seeing with Glowinski that you don't like? Dude passes the eye test for me and will only get better. Basically the second game of his career.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The offensive line is not playing well but they are blocking for an immobile QB. Those who think this line is worse than last year so far have short memories. I would say it is about the same but again they are blocking for an immobile QB and Ifedi hasn't stepped on the field yet.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Rob12":11fyqrjm said:
Northwest Seahawk":11fyqrjm said:

What are you seeing with Glowinski that you don't like? Dude passes the eye test for me and will only get better. Basically the second game of his career.

My problem is Sweezy is better didn't you read my post all 3 replacements are a downgrade. Maybe he will be good but we are trying to win now not next year or the year after.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1n3wzvqt said:
Rob12":1n3wzvqt said:
Northwest Seahawk":1n3wzvqt said:

My problem is Sweezy is better didn't you read my post all 3 replacements are a downgrade. Maybe he will be good but we are trying to win now not next year or the year after.

Isn't Sweezy on the PUP? Dude hasn't played a snap with his new team. He's irrelevant.

I did read your post. Calling Glowinski a downgrade after two games is a reach.

OP
OP
Rob12

Rob12

Reaction score
Also, would you rather the Hawks match TB's $7M (or $6M, can't remember) for Sweezy? Honestly just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I think what's changed is Wilson's injury and resulting lack of mobility revealed a greater degree of overall flaws with the offense. Without Wilson's magic, all of the problems came to the surface-the porous pass protection, the inconsistent ground game, the lack of any ingenuity with the scheme, the illogical use of personnel (not targeting Grajam, especially in the redzone; using Collins up the gut back to back) and the puzzling abandonment of the quicker tempo/short vertical passing attack that worked in the 2nd half last year.

The entire offense is also flying without a compass. There's an ongoing identity crisis-are we a new spread team, passsing 40x game? Are we still a ground and pound team with Michael and when Rawls isn't at 100%? Are we going to live and die on continuous 3rd and long deep bombs or have a more consistent plan in place? Is the ZBS really the best fit for our line and current RBs? Do we have any kind of plan at all once in the redzone?

I'm of the opinion Carroll needs to address all of this quickly and I also sing the chorus of those championing for a new OC altogether. Something needs to change again-and quickly to right our misguided ship.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson being a more pocket passer should not be effecting this offense, being able to throw from the pocket and run the ball should be doable, Wilson isn't going to be a runner his whole career, we need consistent running game to offset the passing game so that screens and play action work. This is on our staff and front office, rolling the dice on your QB's escapability and improvisational skills is not what I think should be our staple.

In fact Pete wanted Wilson to be more a pocket guy, so pass protection and or a running game to take pressure off the pass rush is a necessity.

Latest posts