I'm here for my crow...

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I've been openly critical of Cassius Marsh.

I thought he would never amount to anything more than a ST player.

I think I actually laughed when the coaching staff was considering him in the rotation to replace Bruce, and contribute in the pass rush, SAM, and LEO.

I know he was great at UCLA, but it just never seemed that he could contribute or spell some of our starters on the DLine; notably at DE.

I was wrong. Cash Money had his best day as a pro and here's to hoping many more to come. His effort level and sell out on the second to last play of the game was a thing of beauty, not to mention his huge hits on kick coverage and a kick block. He made Tannehill uncomfortable numerous times on Sunday.

Well played Cassius. And with that, I'm ready for my crow.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Which just goes to show that if you eat enough Crow it starts to taste like Chicken!

Yes, that was a phenomenal game by 'Cash' Marsh. Serious impact in this game despite that one whiff, and my 'eat crow' prediction is that Mike Mo's coming snaps will be limited.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, his performance last season was just kind of meh. Pretty solid on special teams coverage, but when it came time to rush the passer he'd end up taking himself out the play by rushing way upfield.

Yesterday's game was really good to see. Hopefully he can build on it and be a factor for the team this year

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Always thought he'd be a big force for the Hawks, long term.

Somewhat off topic but has there ever been a thread here about Hawks players' tattoos? That guy is loaded, a few others are too.

A

Anonymous

Too bad he whiffed on that 50-yard catch-and-run play, but had he not, he may not have had the steam to make the rest of his day awesome.

sutz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1gd97ds5 said:
Which just goes to show that if you eat enough Crow it starts to taste like Chicken!

Yes, that was a phenomenal game by 'Cash' Marsh. Serious impact in this game despite that one whiff, and my 'eat crow' prediction is that Mike Mo's coming snaps will be limited.
You can argue, and I get this from some interviews I've read, that the whiff led to his dedication to do better as the game went on. So, one major mistake, followed by determination to make up for it. Can't ask for much more from a player.

Hey, on Marsh's whiff, Earl blew the pickup downfield, too. Otherwise, it might have only been for 20 yards or so. ;)

kearly

Reaction score
Pass the crow down, I could use some as well.

While for sure this was a "career day" kind of game from Marsh, his hustle and tenacity on the final series looks like it could be a long term asset for our 2 minute defense.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It's nice to see him finally have an impact. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. :)

dogorama

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2zl5ph3h said:
I've been openly critical of Cassius Marsh.

I thought he would never amount to anything more than a ST player.

I think I actually laughed when the coaching staff was considering him in the rotation to replace Bruce, and contribute in the pass rush, SAM, and LEO.

I know he was great at UCLA, but it just never seemed that he could contribute or spell some of our starters on the DLine; notably at DE.

I was wrong. Cash Money had his best day as a pro and here's to hoping many more to come. His effort level and sell out on the second to last play of the game was a thing of beauty, not to mention his huge hits on kick coverage and a kick block. He made Tannehill uncomfortable numerous times on Sunday.

Well played Cassius. And with that, I'm ready for my crow.

I think we forget sometimes that even though these guys are pros they still are very young men. The NFL is a tough league but if players can hang around for a while they can get better. If yesterday is any indication he could end up being part of a very special defensive squad.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
kearly":2e7w1sj4 said:
Pass the crow down, I could use some as well.

While for sure this was a "career day" kind of game from Marsh, his hustle and tenacity on the final series looks like it could be a long term asset for our 2 minute defense.

Absolutely. It was nice to see some aggression out of the Defense in that situation instead of just sitting back and waiting for a receiver to tackle.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I've always *wanted* to like Marsh, but never felt his play gave me a legit reason. Marsh has always been the guy who just couldn't get there, always a step late and an arm tackle short. Especially in the pass rush. He was always the guy whose tackle got broken, the guy who got pancaked to open up a running lane, and the guy the mobile opposing QB ran away from.

Sunday he looked like a Seahawk football player.
I'm not sure exactly what the difference is, except that he was making plays that before he would have whiffed on. The blocked FG was just one example.

Are the 'Hawks using him differently and better this year, or did the light just go on for Marsh?

Latest posts