So say Russ misses a few games..

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
... what do we do at QB? Do we bring back T-Jack? Do we sign a different FA? Trade for a McCown type? Bring back RJ Archer? (kidding)

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think anybody can lead this team to one touchdown a game with Bevel as the OC. Just keep hoping the D makes it so that one TD is good enough.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
HawkGA":22658kml said:
I think anybody can lead this team to one touchdown a game with Bevel as the OC. Just keep hoping the D makes it so that one TD is good enough.
were you chipping your teeth this much last year when they were rolling up points....with Bevell calling plays. Just jump off the bridge now I guess Hawks are only going to score one td a game forever.

kearly

Reaction score
If it came to that I think they would whip up the PR machine into full gear and then sign back Tjack.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No to T-Jack, roll with Boykin, and let him devlop, find someone off the scrap heap with so mobility that's not named Vick to be number 3 if Russ is out.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
At this stage you would have to roll with Boykin, and try and pick up someone solid from an auto parts store in Sheboygan or... Maybe Hass?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Rob12":2avo0o3l said:
RW isn't missing any games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather have him miss a few and roll with Boykin than have his effectiveness reduced and risk further injury. Maybe Boykin can show us something with the first team, and developing him can't hurt. I pray to god we don't pull in T-Jack again, cuz then you can guarantee nothing beyond .500 football.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":20i127s6 said:
No to T-Jack, roll with Boykin, and let him devlop, find someone off the scrap heap with so mobility that's not named Vick to be number 3 if Russ is out.

Not going to happen. I think a big reason Boykin is #2 is because Russ is so durable. I'm not saying TJACK is great but you could probably win 10 games with him with our defense and the supporting cast around him.

Boykin would be a white flag that we're going to settle for 6 or 7 wins.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":185z3dmi said:
Rob12":185z3dmi said:
RW isn't missing any games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather have him miss a few and roll with Boykin than have his effectiveness reduced and risk further injury. Maybe Boykin can show us something with the first team, and developing him can't hurt. I pray to god we don't pull in T-Jack again, cuz then you can guarantee nothing beyond .500 football.

I wouldn't want Wilson to miss any games regardless of injury (unless it's a huge injury), he still needs time with this Oline. He's injured but so was Rodgers a few years ago where it limited his mobility but he was still deadly. This week is to go back to spread and quick passing game, that will protect Wilson from taking some sacks and hit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":91a2wqp6 said:
Sports Hernia":91a2wqp6 said:

Not going to happen. I think a big reason Boykin is #2 is because Russ is so durable. I'm not saying TJACK is great but you could probably win 10 games with him with our defense and the supporting cast around him.

I respectfully disagree. There is no way this team wins 10 games with T-Jack. He didn't do that when he started here.
I think 5 would be way too generous even.

Boykin might be green because he is a rookie but he can escape pressure, throw on the run, and has a good arm.
If you don't have a QB that is mobile with this o-line and in this division you are going to be toast.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2wgiw9g5 said:
Sports Hernia":2wgiw9g5 said:

I respectfully disagree. There is no way this team wins 10 games with T-Jack. He didn't do that when he started here.

Boykin might be green because he is a rookie but he can escape pressure, throw on the run, and has a good arm.
If you don't have a QB that is mobile with this o-line and in this division you are going to be toast.

cheese22

Reaction score
Roll with McEvoy. Run a true read option, maybe out of a wing-T.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":gje1qqj6 said:
WestcoastSteve":gje1qqj6 said:
Sports Hernia":gje1qqj6 said:

He also makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes (To be fair so does TJack).

We won 7 games with Tjack in 2011 with a roster nowhere near as good. Not saying he's great by any means but he can put up a QB rating of around 75-80 and keep us in games.