So say Russ misses a few games..

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":209ce2w4 said:
Sports Hernia":209ce2w4 said:
WestcoastSteve":209ce2w4 said:
Sports Hernia":209ce2w4 said:
No to T-Jack, roll with Boykin, and let him devlop, find someone off the scrap heap with so mobility that's not named Vick to be number 3 if Russ is out.

Not going to happen. I think a big reason Boykin is #2 is because Russ is so durable. I'm not saying TJACK is great but you could probably win 10 games with him with our defense and the supporting cast around him.

Boykin would be a white flag that we're going to settle for 6 or 7 wins.
I respectfully disagree. There is no way this team wins 10 games with T-Jack. He didn't do that when he started here.
I think 5 would be way too generous even.

Boykin might be green because he is a rookie but he can escape pressure, throw on the run, and has a good arm.
If you don't have a QB that is mobile with this o-line and in this division you are going to be toast.

He also makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes (To be fair so does TJack).

We won 7 games with Tjack in 2011 with a roster nowhere near as good. Not saying he's great by any means but he can put up a QB rating of around 75-80 and keep us in games.

He also had Lynch when teams were focusing on stopping the run. At least he had report with Baldwin though. It was the 4th quarter comeback that we don't expect from TJack.

Tical21

Reaction score
It's funny that the first time they decide to go without a backup and roll the dice that he doesn't get dinged, he does.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3iflea8b said:
Sports Hernia":3iflea8b said:
WestcoastSteve":3iflea8b said:
Sports Hernia":3iflea8b said:
No to T-Jack, roll with Boykin, and let him devlop, find someone off the scrap heap with so mobility that's not named Vick to be number 3 if Russ is out.

Not going to happen. I think a big reason Boykin is #2 is because Russ is so durable. I'm not saying TJACK is great but you could probably win 10 games with him with our defense and the supporting cast around him.

I respectfully disagree. There is no way this team wins 10 games with T-Jack. He didn't do that when he started here.

Boykin might be green because he is a rookie but he can escape pressure, throw on the run, and has a good arm.
If you don't have a QB that is mobile with this o-line and in this division you are going to be toast.

He also makes a lot of boneheaded mistakes (To be fair so does TJack).

We won 7 games with Tjack in 2011 with a roster nowhere near as good. Not saying he's great by any means but he can put up a QB rating of around 75-80 and keep us in games.
That was in his prime. He's 33 and for all we know out of football shape.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Rob12":2hr09vsi said:
RW isn't missing any games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I'd agree. Wilson won't miss any games.

I'd like Wilson to miss the next game. Seriously. With that DLine and him having no mobility, it could get real ugly. And after the day Sowell had today, Quinn is going to put a skirt on him and make Bradley his B***h.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ssiwgs8 said:
WestcoastSteve":3ssiwgs8 said:
Sports Hernia":3ssiwgs8 said:

I respectfully disagree with your disagreement TJack is a way better option than Boykin right now.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We are woefully underprepared at the backup QB spot at this time. The obvious choice is to
return Tarvaris to that role. It's where he should've been from the get-go. Boykin needs to be on the practice squad.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
How are you guys still hung up on T-jack, dude hasn't seen a football field in how long now? Nobody outside of the NW thought Russ could handle it as a rookie and we all know where that went. Boykins is the backup that Pete and John wanted, leave the second guessing for the know it all's on first take. We're talking back ups...back ups. Boykin has shown he is capable of fourth qrt game winning drives.

jake206

Reaction score
Tavaris on speed dial. He knows the system. Probably be able run the entire playbook in his sleep.