Marshawn coming back?

getnasty

Reaction score
Hopefully we can get a decent pick for him, I'm sure Oakland would love to have him.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Said he may un retire but may or may not play for Hawks. Hawks have his rights so would keep, trade, or release.

getnasty

Reaction score
The Patriots would make a lot of sense too.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I call BS. I don't see Marshawn coming back, he said he's done, and considering the injury last year, and his tweaked back, I don't see how he could ever, at his age get back in to football shape. To come back now would be inviting a serious injury.

It's tough enough when a young man like Joey Bosa misses training camp, and we see it happen every year, rookie misses part of training camp, tries to play, season ending injury.

Imagine that with a running back that barely played last year, struggled when he came back, then misses all of training camp, preseason, and the beginning of the season?

I'd make a guess that Marshawn might be trying to keep his name in the news, helps with sales yuh know.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I get the sense Pete was more than happy to move on... and therefore wouldn't go back.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We cant have all these iffs hanging over our team. That is never good. I love Marshawn, but there is no way he can be allowed to hold us hostage this year and blur our focus!

Canhawks

Reaction score
I think this is great,our current crop of rb's better get off to a good start or they could be looking over there shoulder.If they perform well Marshawn won't be coming here.Might light a bit of a fire under them!

ivotuk

Reaction score
I actually hope he comes back, and we are able to trade him, and his cap hit to another team. That would be awesome!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Marshawn's tank is trending toward the E side. Don't see Seattle braintrust having that much interest, not even factoring in the distraction issue. If any other NFL team wants him enough to pay whatever is owed him, I will be very surprised.
Makes for good clickbait, I suppose.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Remember, Marshawn was banged up pretty much all of last year. What if he's truly healthy? That aside, is he already counting against the cap, or would we have to take on the 9 mil? Pretty sure we're maxed out, right? Admittedly, I'm not really up on salary cap stuff..

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
It's almost certainly his agent doing the 'leaking' as usual, and it's almost as certain that Marshawn has no plans much past tonight.