Marshawn coming back?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I watched it too. I never know what to believe when I hear someone say, "a source close to us...." Until I hear something more concrete, he is retired.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1iarfart said:
Remember, Marshawn was banged up pretty much all of last year. What if he's truly healthy? That aside, is he already counting against the cap, or would we have to take on the 9 mil? Pretty sure we're maxed out, right? Admittedly, I'm not really up on salary cap stuff..

I thought that since he did not retire before June 1th, the whole salary was included in this years cap. If he would have retired prior to June 1th, then it would have been spread out over 2 years at 4.5 a year.

Geologic

Reaction score
Marshawn gained weight over the offseason according to Mike Salk. Doesn't look like he's in game shape so I doubt it. I would love to see him on the Oakland Raiders. I know, I should still despise them from the AFC West days.

But there's something about that young core (Derek Carr, Khalil Mack, Amari Coper), Ken Norton Jr. being the DC, and Bruce Irvin playing there that makes me want to root for them in the AFC. Marshawn will defintely take a reserve roll behind Latavius Murray but it'd be fun to watch.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
There is something about Lynch that transcends team loyalties. He is well liked by fans around the league. He is also one of the few that I could cheer for if he was playing for another team (as long as it isn't another NFCW team or the Pats)

He belongs in Oakland, wearing the black and grey, on a team that blasts convention and constantly thumbs it's nose at the league.

I should hate the idea of him going to play in Oakland. For some reason, I don't.

Lynch's contract comes with a 11.5 million cap hit this year (the highest in the league for a running back if I remember correctly). His dead cap hit is 5 million, so it would cost us 6.5 million additional to bring him back. I'm not sure what our cap space situation is right now, but I'm not sure that we have the space

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I would personally have zero problem with him joining Oakland. In fact, I'd root for him there... Of course, Oakland is my chosen "pet" team from the AFC this year...

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Here is our current cap situation, for those interested in how it concerns the possibility of a Lynch return. Enjoy.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Interesting........as much as I would like to have him back I think the team has moved on.

seahawksny

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2bc2n7k9 said:
I would personally have zero problem with him joining Oakland. In fact, I'd root for him there... Of course, Oakland is my chosen "pet" team from the AFC this year...

How do u root for Oakland?

games in the LA Coliseum, were nightmares for the most part in the 80s

It's like forgetting the bullies of your childhood. Sure you might forgive them, but to root for them?

Does a Duke graduate root for the Tar Heels after he graduates? I know it was many years ago and SF has become the hared rival, but I just can't see rooting for the raiders and feeling comfortable.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I had a feeling something like this may occur. Beast is just so unpredictable.

I think it's safe to say PCJS have moved on, but then again if an injury occurs, you never know.

It'll be interesting to see if Marshawn may validate the rumor this week.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I think he just misses the lights and the attention. He is finished, we have our running backs, don't need a worn out old plow horse. He was great while he was here but time caught up with him.
I double anyone would want to trade for him with his salary, age, and injuries suffered last year.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If he comes back, it won't be as a Seahawk. And I doubt any team would trade for his $10+ million salary for the next 2 years.

If he did come back, he'll be released and be a free agent.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ivotuk":n3ahtaj5 said:
I'd make a guess that Marshawn might be trying to keep his name in the news, helps with sales yuh know.

I think you're close. I think it's Florio trying to get clicks using Marshawn's name.

He's not unretiring IMO. He seemed very checked out last season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":1yjuew0z said:
BlueThunder":1yjuew0z said:

How do u root for Oakland?

games in the LA Coliseum, were nightmares for the most part in the 80s

It's like forgetting the bullies of your childhood. Sure you might forgive them, but to root for them?

Does a Duke graduate root for the Tar Heels after he graduates? I know it was many years ago and SF has become the hared rival, but I just can't see rooting for the raiders and feeling comfortable.
Not that this is the reason but you know the Raiders were on our televisions before we got the Hawks,I was a fan of them until then.As for ML I hope he stays retired or gets traded,his time has passed and I'm tired of his antics

Largent80

Reaction score
I would love to get him back for the playoff push, it would give him plenty of time to get in shape, after all, he hardly played last year.

A

Anonymous

No press is bad press.

Somwhere hidden within his private label's office is an MBA-holding publicist/marketing guru. They have been looking at sales figures and are needing a boost for their 4th qtr. balance sheet. That's all this is.

Business people, business.

Why? Because I own a business, and that's what I'm doing.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":kbz9x5qg said:
ivotuk":kbz9x5qg said:
I'd make a guess that Marshawn might be trying to keep his name in the news, helps with sales yuh know.

I think you're close. I think it's Florio trying to get clicks using Marshawn's name.

He's not unretiring IMO. He seemed very checked out last season.

Florio being a good NBC soldier and getting Marshawn's name on TV so everyone can watch him and Bear Grylls next Monday is what I suspect.