Rawls

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1mo0k9u6 said:
Pete is incredibly conservative when it comes to injuries.

C Mike is ready.

It's worrisome because everything else leading up to this today was that he was full go for week one. But yes, I'm not as worried since C-Mike seems to have finally clicked.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Rotoworld is site for fantasy football which links to quotes in articles to assist people with their fantasy teams. The quote they use us a warning so people don't assume Rawls with get the majority of carries.

The full post they quote from, from Sheil Kapadia, makes clear that they're giving Rawls time to acclimate to getting hit again.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_ ... omas-rawls

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OkieHawk":qogc7pev said:
FlyingGreg":qogc7pev said:
Pete is incredibly conservative when it comes to injuries.

C Mike is ready.

It's worrisome because everything else leading up to this today was that he was full go for week one. But yes, I'm not as worried since C-Mike seems to have finally clicked.

Just because Pete said Rawls is ready to go doesn't mean he's going to give him 25 carriers the first game as if he's been practicing and taking hits the entire preseason and OTA's.

My guess is Rawls and Michael are going to share carries for a good 3-4 weeks until Rawls is in 100% game shape. Michael probably will even have more carries the first couple weeks.

Smellyman

Reaction score
It's ludicrous to think he was going to just go out there like he never missed time.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":3541afk2 said:
It's ludicrous to think he was going to just go out there like he never missed time.

Is it ludicrous? Glad to know that nobody has ever missed preseason and gone full tilt out of the gate, even after injuries. Like...ever... :roll:

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2qlbn3hd said:
Rotoworld is site for fantasy football which links to quotes in articles to assist people with their fantasy teams. The quote they use us a warning so people don't assume Rawls with get the majority of carries.

The full post they quote from, from Sheil Kapadia, makes clear that they're giving Rawls time to acclimate to getting hit again.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_ ... omas-rawls

See, this bothers me. They want acclimation to getting hit (which I completely agree with) but have limited the amount of TC full pad practices a team can do. How many starters get hit during preseason to get "acclimated"?

Tical21

Reaction score
If the game is close, Rawls will be in.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1azn0cnu said:
Smellyman":1azn0cnu said:

Is it ludicrous? Glad to know that nobody has ever missed preseason and gone full tilt out of the gate, even after injuries. Like...ever... :roll:

Yes, they used to do that back in the day. That's why we used to get all excited about injured players and holdouts coming back and playing 100% of snaps after missing entire training camps............then bummed out cause they'd pull a hamstring in the 2nd quarter of games and be out 6-8 weeks. How often did we see that?

Remember those days? Cause Pete does, that's why he's smart and doesn't rush players back. Rawls had a major injury, and he's a RB, no reason to risk a setback or worse in game #1 when we need him for 16-20 games.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":e08xynju said:
OkieHawk":e08xynju said:
Smellyman":e08xynju said:

Yes, they used to do that back in the day. That's why we used to get all excited about injured players and holdouts coming back and playing 100% of snaps after missing entire training camps............then bummed out cause they'd pull a hamstring in the 2nd quarter of games and be out 6-8 weeks. How often did we see that?

Remember those days? Cause Pete does, that's why he's smart and doesn't rush players back. Rawls had a major injury, and he's a RB, no reason to risk a setback or worse in game #1 when we need him for 16-20 games.

They still do that, today. Watt is full go for this weekend. AP did something similar just a couple of years ago after blowing out his knee, which IMO is worse than a broken ankle.

Maybe I'm just pulling a Blitzer, but something just seems...off by this.

Smellyman

Reaction score
OkieHawk":19bf2doh said:
Sgt. Largent":19bf2doh said:
OkieHawk":19bf2doh said:
Smellyman":19bf2doh said:

They still do that, today. Watt is full go for this weekend. AP did something similar just a couple of years ago after blowing out his knee, which IMO is worse than a broken ankle.

so Watt is a full go? think he will play his normal amount of snaps?

When asked if Watt will play Sunday, head coach Bill O'Brien said, "I would say that he will play. Beyond that, I’m not going to answer too much more about that. But I’ll say that he’ll play in the game.”

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":2mmo5jhi said:
so Watt is a full go? think he will play his normal amount of snaps?

When asked if Watt will play Sunday, head coach Bill O'Brien said, "I would say that he will play. Beyond that, I’m not going to answer too much more about that. But I’ll say that he’ll play in the game.”

Knowing Houston, yes, he will play full on Sunday. You didn't comment about my remark on AP though. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1dhjlydy said:
Sgt. Largent":1dhjlydy said:
OkieHawk":1dhjlydy said:
Smellyman":1dhjlydy said:

No he's not............and AP is a freak of nature, and is the exception not the rule to follow.

If we didn't have Michael who has shown in the preseason that he's hungry and kicking ass? Then yeah I'd be worried like you.

But we need Rawls the entire season, I don't see any upside to overloading him the first game, or even the first 2-3 weeks for that matter.

I trust Pete, he's about as smart as it comes with this sort of thing.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":lb4bdtt5 said:
OkieHawk":lb4bdtt5 said:

No he's not............and AP is a freak of nature, and is the exception not the rule to follow.

If we didn't have Michael who has shown in the preseason that he's hungry and kicking ass? Then yeah I'd be worried like you.

But we need Rawls the entire season, I don't see any upside to overloading him the first game, or even the first 2-3 weeks for that matter.

I trust Pete, he's about as smart as it comes with this sort of thing.

Watt will be a full go this weekend, I'd bet money on it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OkieHawk":69h5xp6l said:
Watt will be a full go this weekend, I'd bet money on it.

Even if he is, and I don't think he will, it's apples and oranges. DE is a much easier position to jump right back into, RB is arguably the hardest.

If I had to guess, Watt will take 75% of his usual snaps, if that. Rawls, maybe 12-15 carries.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Still can't see what the fuss is here Okie...

10.5 point favorite at home. Safer to just ease Rawls in this week don't you think?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":215ji3hn said:
OkieHawk":215ji3hn said:
Smellyman":215ji3hn said:

We only have to go back to the beginning of last Season when Marshawn Lynch was sidelined in favor of Rawls taking the brunt of punishment snaps....It's how Pete rolls.