Rawls

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am not trying to beat a dead horse.

We don't have him. Frustrating but it is what it is.

I don't think Collins is ready, or he is hurt and that is why he doesn't look ready.

Are we really stuck with Collings as the Plan B if something happens to C-Mike?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1msepjxr said:

I don't think Collins is ready, or he is hurt and that is why he doesn't look ready.

Honestly I think it's Pope if C-Mike can't go. Collins didn't prove a damn thing in the pre-season, and Pope was arguably the biggest surprise coming out of camp.

Obviously it's Defcon 3 worry time if BOTH C-Mike and Rawls aren't able to play, but if for some reason they're not? I think it's Prosise and Pope, and Collins getting the least amount of carries, maybe short yardage and goal line, but that's about it.

OP
OP
OkieHawk

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1v2xtaxm said:
Still can't see what the fuss is here Okie...

10.5 point favorite at home. Safer to just ease Rawls in this week don't you think?

No. Also, maybe I just want to be fussy to keep the discussion going a la devils advocate. :D

Seriously though, if he's healthy, let him play.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1e3y44dd said:
TwistedHusky":1e3y44dd said:

Honestly I think it's Pope if C-Mike can't go. Collins didn't prove a damn thing in the pre-season, and Pope was arguably the biggest surprise coming out of camp.

Obviously it's Defcon 3 worry time if BOTH C-Mike and Rawls aren't able to play, but if for some reason they're not? I think it's Prosise and Pope, and Collins getting the least amount of carries, maybe short yardage and goal line, but that's about it.

Is this same Pope that isn't on the team?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2j1wx0qn said:
Sgt. Largent":2j1wx0qn said:
TwistedHusky":2j1wx0qn said:

Is this same Pope that isn't on the team?

Lol. I was thinking the same thing.

Collins is a turbin right now until he learns to widen his base to keep his balance better. He is serviceable, but nothing special. If you watch his preseason tape, a hit from the side kills his run.
He has the athletic ability to get much better, he just isn't used to getting hit by men vs college kids. Cmike is going to be the number 1 for a few games. Concentrate on ball security and we should be fine for a few games.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Turbin looked pretty good before he played his first game.

I would argue he had better tape and a better preseason.

That aside, do we have any other alternative to Collins. It seems borderline crazy not to have an alternative to C-Mike if something happens.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Read that Rawls was behind CM on the depth chart. This makes sense now.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3uj2zo53 said:
TwistedHusky":3uj2zo53 said:

LOL......Pope isn't even on the team bro. With all the information out there I guess I wonder how one would even miss the fact that he was cut.

ACFan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2v0bqkzw said:

Collins looked 100% or near 100% on the few carries he got the last two games.

He'll be able to contribute if called upon, and wouldn't be surprised to see him get carries, even if just late in a blowout.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's Week 1, it's an out-of-conference game, and Pete is probably already game-planning for LA. I doubt Rawls plays.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jfce4oy said:
TwistedHusky":3jfce4oy said:

I'm not sure the Jets will loan us Pope for the game...

Fade

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3ej8mb5d said:
It's Week 1, it's an out-of-conference game, and Pete is probably already game-planning for LA. I doubt Rawls plays.

Rawls is going to play. He needs to get reps, and get acclimated. He just isn't going to be the bell cow to start the year. 10 carries is my hope for him.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
How I would love to see Rawls break one and score a TD in his 1st game back. Even with his limited carries, he'll heavily contribute. Can't wait!

dunceface

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2j8w03l6 said:
How I would love to see Rawls break one and score a TD in his 1st game back. Even with his limited carries, he'll heavily contribute. Can't wait!

I'm with you on this one :irishdrinkers:

hawker84

Reaction score
I think Rawls had a great first season before the injury, but I'm not sure where it was written that Rawls was the week 1 starter coming into this season, regardless of his injury progress? I think CMike made a very good case to get the shot? Just spitballin here? I'm a Rawls guy, I just really like the physical style he has, but I also like the exposiveness CMike has shown this preseason. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing running back by committee, keep these youngsters fresh? Mix in CJ and Collins, man that's a pretty impressive RB stable.....

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I read he was sick and missed yesterday's work out with a undisclosed illness.
Any body have any word about this?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Bobblehead":sf9630uw said:
I read he was sick and missed yesterday's work out with a undisclosed illness.
Any body have any word about this?
From http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Se ... --47333184
--
According to the Seattle Times' Bob Condotta, Rawls returned to practice on Friday after sitting out Thursday. The reason listed on the injury report was illness, which the team gave no specific details on. However, it must have been something light, as it only held him out a single day.
--

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Pete's Friday update:

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/183837/pete-carroll-on-germain-ifedi/

• Carroll said Rawls is still on track to play in Sunday’s opener against Miami despite missing Thursday’s practice with an illness, but his comments were another indication that Rawls’ workload will be limited as he plays in only the second game since breaking his ankle last December.

Speaking of Rawls and Graham, Carroll said: “Both guys have made extraordinary progress. Thomas is a little bit ahead in that he played in the last preseason game, got a couple snaps and got on the field a few times just in preparation to see if he’d be ready for this week. It looks like he is. A little under the weather (Thursday), but he’s had really great preparation getting here and should be ready to play. It’s like his second preseason game, so we’d like to get him some play time and see how he fits in and how things go.”

Tical21

Reaction score
If the game is somewhat close, and Rawls is having a better game than Michael, Rawls will be in.

Sac

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3dgz7exg said:
OkieHawk":3dgz7exg said:
Smellyman":3dgz7exg said:
It's ludicrous to think he was going to just go out there like he never missed time.

Is it ludicrous? Glad to know that nobody has ever missed preseason and gone full tilt out of the gate, even after injuries. Like...ever... :roll:

Yes, they used to do that back in the day. That's why we used to get all excited about injured players and holdouts coming back and playing 100% of snaps after missing entire training camps............then bummed out cause they'd pull a hamstring in the 2nd quarter of games and be out 6-8 weeks. How often did we see that?

Remember those days? Cause Pete does, that's why he's smart and doesn't rush players back. Rawls had a major injury, and he's a RB, no reason to risk a setback or worse in game #1 when we need him for 16-20 games.
Shit, Arian Foster did it several times a year for the last half decade...
Sgt. Largent":3dgz7exg said:
Smellyman":3dgz7exg said:
It's ludicrous to think he was going to just go out there like he never missed time.

Is it ludicrous? Glad to know that nobody has ever missed preseason and gone full tilt out of the gate, even after injuries. Like...ever... :roll:

Yes, they used to do that back in the day. That's why we used to get all excited about injured players and holdouts coming back and playing 100% of snaps after missing entire training camps............then bummed out cause they'd pull a hamstring in the 2nd quarter of games and be out 6-8 weeks. How often did we see that?

Remember those days? Cause Pete does, that's why he's smart and doesn't rush players back. Rawls had a major injury, and he's a RB, no reason to risk a setback or worse in game #1 when we need him for 16-20 games.

They still do that, today. Watt is full go for this weekend. AP did something similar just a couple of years ago after blowing out his knee, which IMO is worse than a broken ankle.

Maybe I'm just pulling a Blitzer, but something just seems...off by this.