Draft picks? How many we have?

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that we have 3 or 4 comp picks also???? Could be a great year to reload both lines

Basis4day

Reaction score
We have 6 of our own picks. Compensatory picks aren't announced till the owners meeting in March. Current projection is 3 comps for a total of 9.

• Round 1: Own pick (26th overall)
• Round 2: Own pick
• Round 3: Own pick, projected comp. pick (Maxwell)
• Round 4: Own pick
• Round 5: Projected comp. pick (Carpenter), own pick traded to KC (McCray)
• Round 6: Projected comp. pick (Smith), own pick traded to DET (Seisay)
• Round 7: Own pick, additional pick acquired from DAL (Michael)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^ The way they wrote it at that link makes it needlessly confusing IMO, as it's putting the Seahawks picks, comp picks, picks they picked up and picks they traded away all together.

Cleaner IMO is to just say they've got a pick in each round of 1 through 7 plus a second pick in round 3 and a second pick in round 7.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2m0k4mhq said:
^^ The way they wrote it at that link makes it needlessly confusing IMO, as it's putting the Seahawks picks, comp picks, picks they picked up and picks they traded away all together.

Cleaner IMO is to just say they've got a pick in each round of 1 through 7 plus a second pick in round 3 and a second pick in round 7.

Looks pretty straight forward to me. Each round is listed with what we have and what we've traded away and what we expect to get. Currently it's as accurate as we can get this far in advance and it's pretty easy to understand.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The Seisay and McCray picks look even better now seeing this. I suppose JS projects the comp picks early and knows he can play around with those picks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2l63ahsm said:
The Seisay and McCray picks look even better now seeing this. I suppose JS projects the comp picks early and knows he can play around with those picks.
Yeah I thought the same thing.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Schneider hasn't made his annual bad trade with our 1st rounder so that needs to be taken into account.

kobebryant

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3vicigeo said:

Especially the McCray trade. A solid backup safety and core special teamer is really good value with a 5th.

dogorama

Reaction score
I just hope we take a blocking TE even if JG revovers. How about:

Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 260.
Projected 40 Time: 4.88.
Projected Round (2015): 3-5.
1/9/16: In 2015, Vannett had 19 receptions for 162 yards. Ohio State favors throwing to its receivers, but Vannett could contribute some to the passing game as a Y tight end in the NFL. He is a strong blocker and was an asset in the Buckeyes' ground game.

Fade

Reaction score
1st
2nd
3rd
3rd comp (projected) via Maxwell
4th
5th comp (projected) via Carpenter
6th comp (projected) via Malcolm Smith
7th C-Mike trade w/Dallas
7th
----
9 picks in total.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Should be fairly close to actual overall pick #'s in the upcoming draft.
#26, #56, #90, #98, #125, #172, #215, #223 & #245. -- This is before any trades up or down by PC/JS.

Rd. 1/#26-overall
Rd. 2/#56-overall
Rd. 3/#90-overall
Rd. 3/#98-overall (comp pick)
Rd. 4/#125-overall
Rd. 5/#172-overall (comp pick)
Rd. 6/#215-overall (comp pick)
Rd. 7/#223-overall (Dallas trade)
Rd. 7/#245-overall

Per: http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2016/

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3zviz4xr said:
TDOTSEAHAWK":3zviz4xr said:
Yeah I thought the same thing.

Ich auch!

firebee

Reaction score
dogorama":1s8ybyc1 said:

1/9/16: In 2015, Vannett had 19 receptions for 162 yards. Ohio State favors throwing to its receivers, but Vannett could contribute some to the passing game as a Y tight end in the NFL. He is a strong blocker and was an asset in the Buckeyes' ground game.

Tyler Higbee... Big time sleeper pick in this draft if you're looking at TEs. He's a natural receiver that's better at running routes, catching in traffic, running after the catch and he's better at sealing off defenders when he blocks. I'd take him over Vannett. Vannett physically looks like a prototype TE for the NFL and shows some ability, but Higbee is an NFL ready TE.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
firebee":28725zmn said:
dogorama":28725zmn said:

Tyler Higbee... Big time sleeper pick in this draft if you're looking at TEs. He's a natural receiver that's better at running routes, catching in traffic, running after the catch and he's better at sealing off defenders when he blocks. I'd take him over Vannett. Vannett physically looks like a prototype TE for the NFL and shows some ability, but Higbee is an NFL ready TE.

Added bonus of having two Tylers on the team :mrgreen: