Bruce Irvin sack celebration

rcaido

Reaction score
Does anyone else gets so worried/pissed when he does that sack celebration near the end of the game. Im happy he gets the sack but then he does that sack celebration & im like wait, its only 3rd down. Focus on the next play please. I remember the Carolina game & last week with the Vikings...Uggh, seems like when he does that, a big play by the opposing team happens either by ref assist or blown assignment.

Anyway, i think he will have a huge game against Cam. He does awesome against Carolina, he sacked Cam in every game he has played against him.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Dude everyone does a celebration after a sack. He does his pose and then goes back to work. He earns that.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Guys celebrate sacks on every single play. I don't think refs are assisting the other team because Bruce Irvin does a little dance afterwards.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Don't worry, i'm sure Cam will be busy doing his 20 second, "i just got sacked dance", while Irvin is doing his 3 second sack pose. In the end we'll come out 17 seconds ahead.

irocdave

Reaction score
No issue with it, I'll get concerned when he pulls a John Randle "sack dance" (and acts like a dog peeing on a fire hydrant only the hydrant was Aaron Brooks). Cant seem to find a video of that, was funny when I watched it live.

Smellyman

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3sszv7ej said:
Don't worry, i'm sure Cam will be busy doing his 20 second, "i just got sacked dance", while Irvin is doing his 3 second sack pose. In the end we'll come out 17 seconds ahead.

haha!

Irvin has almost been caught posing too long as the O lines up again.

This did happen to somebody (not seahawks) can't remember game or player. offsides for a first down or big play...

marko358

Reaction score
Smellyman":9wm9o6xg said:
JSeahawks":9wm9o6xg said:

haha!

Irvin has almost been caught posing too long as the O lines up again.

This did happen to somebody (not seahawks) can't remember game or player. offsides for a first down or big play...

Raiders vs Chiefs last year.

[youtube]VISEvr3c0wg[/youtube]

sutz

Reaction score
As long as he doesn't draw a flag or something, I say let him have his fun. He earned it.

:th2thumbs:

olyfan63

Reaction score
rcaido":2u9hmf0t said:
Anyway, i think he will have a huge game against Cam. He does awesome against Carolina, he sacked Cam in every game he has played against him.

The Carolina fans consistently mention Irvin as the Seahawks player who causes huge problems for Cam.
Irvin was the spy on Kaep for "the tip" and the IMO the reason why Kaep threw instead of pulling it down and running.

themunn

Reaction score
olyfan63":2n6qddod said:
rcaido":2n6qddod said:

The Carolina fans consistently mention Irvin as the Seahawks player who causes huge problems for Cam.

And no wonder! 4 games (he missed the 2013 opener due to his suspension) against Carolina and 7 sacks (including a strip sack recovered by the Seahawks). Sometimes players have one team they just feast upon, Carolina is that team for Irvin (to be expected from an Atlanta fan?). It's not like they're garbage time sacks either, almost every one of them has been a drive ender or come in the 4th quarter where the Panthers would have taken the lead with a score.

Game 1:
3-10 2nd quarter - sack
2-10 4th quarter (less than a minute to go) - strip sack
Game 2:
2-15 4th quarter (less than a minute to go) - sack
very next play - sack
Game 3 (last year's playoff):
1-10 4th quarter - sack (alas, Newton completed a 19 yard pass on 3rd-13, but at least that drive ended with a 90 yard pick 6 by Kam)
Game 4:
3-4 1st quarter - sack
1-10 4th quarter (1.30 to go) - sack (but we brain farted anyway and allowed the up the field)

Let's hope he's just as hungry for sacks this weekend as he has been in the past.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I never understood those people that have a problem with someone celebrating. What's wrong with that? If at your job, you've been having a hard day figuring something out and eventually do, do you not celebrate a little inside? Let him dance, he made a great play!

Vetamur

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":fnm686aw said:
No. It's only you that gets worried/pissed.

The rest of us are excited that he just made a great play.

This.