Doug Baldwin - the Leader

rigelian

Reaction score
The Inside the NFL Film on the Seahawks victory over the Vikings shows Doug Baldwin calming the troops, giving inspiration to Russell and being an absolute rock. The guy is one of the most important people on this team.

For example, Michael Bennett going to Doug and telling him that he needs to get people focused.
Baldwin, with all the receivers calmly telling them there is a lot of time and they just have to be focused and not rush.
Baldwin telling Russell that they will all follow his lead. It was great.

One of the best decisions the Seahawks made was resigning this guy. He's steady.

chris98251

Reaction score
rigelian":2gm5l8cf said:
The Inside the NFL Film on the Seahawks victory over the Vikings shows Doug Baldwin calming the troops, giving inspiration to Russell and being an absolute rock. The guy is one of the most important people on this team.

For example, Michael Bennett going to Doug and telling him that he needs to get people focused.
Baldwin, with all the receivers calmly telling them there is a lot of time and they just have to be focused and not rush.

One of the best decisions the Seahawks made was resigning this guy. He's Pedestrian.

Had to fix that for you, Cris Carter is always right you know :)

irocdave

Reaction score
Was not a fan of ADB's childish TD celebration in the SB but he seems to be maturing to a leadership role on the team. He's a smart dude and is showing the dependability and toughness that Tate had now. He seems to have lost some of the bitterness and that "edge" is now being transitioning into a true leadership qualities. That is huge for the offense, RW doesn't seem to have the personality to be the vocal leader that this team sometimes requires, at least if you buy in to any of the things that trickle out about Lynch and RW. DB is a great receiver and if he becomes the vocal leader on offense for the team that's fine by me.

In ADB I trust.

red17hawk

Reaction score
Can you please share a link of that video? I tried but couldn't find it at nfl.com.

Cartire

Reaction score
red17hawk":pm2be6fx said:
Can you please share a link of that video? I tried but couldn't find it at nfl.com.

It just aired today. Expect copies to be floating around later this week.

253hawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/insidetheNFL/status/687084994037039105[/tweet]

*Sniffs*

That's my pedestrian.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I broke up with Doug after his childish celebration in XLIX but the man crush is back in full effect.

Anthony!

Reaction score
irocdave":1c0ixb8t said:
Was not a fan of ADB's childish TD celebration in the SB but he seems to be maturing to a leadership role on the team. He's a smart dude and is showing the dependability and toughness that Tate had now. He seems to have lost some of the bitterness and that "edge" is now being transitioning into a true leadership qualities. That is huge for the offense, RW doesn't seem to have the personality to be the vocal leader that this team sometimes requires, at least if you buy in to any of the things that trickle out about Lynch and RW. DB is a great receiver and if he becomes the vocal leader on offense for the team that's fine by me.

In ADB I trust.

I think Wilson is a vocal leader that does not mean you cannot have more than one and then you do not need others to step up. Its great to talk but sometimes you need to know they are listening and for DB that was the message, we got your back, you lead we follow.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
irocdave":113tf3bn said:

In ADB I trust.

I agree, I was infuriated with his antics and wanted him gone, but, he seems to have learned this is a game a team larger than him and has grown from it.

OP
OP
rigelian

rigelian

Reaction score
What I found pretty telling was the calm. The man was steady. No rants, matter of fact actually. What was impressive was the reinforcement of Russell's leadership. What a great combination.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
chris98251":ljndmllv said:
rigelian":ljndmllv said:

One of the best decisions the Seahawks made was resigning this guy. He's Pedestrian.

Had to fix that for you, Cris Carter is always right you know :)

Carter never used 'pedestrian,' he called our WRs 'appetizers.' Forgot who started using 'pedestrian,' maybe Deion or Keyshawn?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
rigelian":2gss0r27 said:
What I found pretty telling was the calm. The man was steady. No rants, matter of fact actually. What was impressive was the reinforcement of Russell's leadership. What a great combination.

I think we can also put this into context. In the second half, multiple players on 'D' approached Wilson and said 'take over, Russ,' then Bennett approached Baldwin, followed by Baldwin talking to Russ. Basically, the play calling was not working (DUH!). Then we see the unexpected snap go whizzing by Russ, while he was trying to check out of the running play (taking over).

IrishNW

Reaction score
Something about Wilson's reaction to that seemed odd, like he was uncomfortable with it. I also wonder if Tom Cable was talking about Wilson when he said "so I need to calm him down". Hmmmm....

Anthony!

Reaction score
IrishNW":m274asbd said:
Something about Wilson's reaction to that seemed odd, like he was uncomfortable with it. I also wonder if Tom Cable was talking about Wilson when he said "so I need to calm him down". Hmmmm....

Or it could be just what it was, the team letting Wilson know they got his back and to take over. Seems pretty simple to me.

Cartire

Reaction score
IrishNW":nn7vio8s said:

The over analyzing of these sound bites insane.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
+1 on being happy we have a different Doug Baldwin this year. He dropped the BS and had a career year. Coincidence? Nope.

Jville

Reaction score
I like looking for competitive and symbiotic relationships.

I think Baldwin and Sherman have really pushed each other during the week. Their game and contributions have greatly expanded. Their evolving development makes itself evident up on the field of play ..... big time. :th2thumbs:

What an inspiring symbiotic story they are writing.