What's Today's Narrative if Walsh Makes the Kick

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
What would you be complaining about the most today if Walsh would have made it?

1. Blame the refs for the horrible PI call on Kam?

2. Blame Bevell for the two 3 and Outs after we took the lead?

3. Blame Pete for not letting the Vikings score so the Hawks got the ball back with 1:30 left?

Polaris

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":h0i2p07k said:
What would you be complaining about the most today if Walsh would have made it?

1. Blame the refs for the horrible PI call on Kam?

2. Blame Bevell for the two 3 and Outs after we took the lead?

3. Blame Pete for not letting the Vikings score so the Hawks got the ball back with 1:30 left?

Seattle would have gotten the ball back with about 20 seconds left. There would have been a small but definitely non-zero chance that Seattle comes back and makes the winning score anyway.

Frankly I think someone is fishing for a controversy.

Cartire

Reaction score
Cold

Freezing

Miserable

Exposure

NFL should consider implementing exposure rules. For as much as they pretend they are into safety, this kinda of cold is just not safe for players OR fans.

All of those would have been acceptable and pretty much correct.

calihawk

Reaction score
#2 In my mind that conservative play call instead of two minute drill to seal game.

BlueOne

Reaction score
I would be upset about 3 things game specific. 1. Wilson played poorly 2. The Kam DPI 3. Play calling. Though I've been upset about play calling most games for like 4 years now and hate whoever is responsible for it be it Pete, or Bevell.

The Seahawks struggled all year, and then specifically struggled in the first half of this game, with runs up the gut by anyone not named Rawls, and deep passes from the pocket. Then you put the weather on top of that and the fact that this shit didn't work in the first half, I was pulling my hair out when we ran the same offense in the second half. Aside from just wanting more passing, it was clear to me that what the Seahawks needed to open up that Vikings run defense were 3-4 Wilson runs. There were a number of plays they just left him alone and if he'd had the ball he had a ton of green.

On Wilson and the Kam DPI meh. People have bad games, especially in that weather. And while I think they called it wrong on Kam, they make calls of that level of incorrectness probably at least on average of once a game. I really don't get how offensive holding works in the NFL apparently though since Avril and Bennett get hugged half a dozen times a game and it's never called.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
We'd probably be talking about the defense giving up a lead again, reminiscent of the Falcons loss in 2012(13).

Blaming Bevell is a given for me at this point. I'm just past it. Even if we win the Super Bowl, I hope he leaves.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Probably talk of Russ playing poorly in the playoffs again (in spite of the cold)

-As for the let em score narrative, Im sure the OP meant to let them score a TD when it became apparent they were inside the 20 with 1:30 left.

Not only would that (clearly) not have been the right choice, especially so yesterday. Puts you down 6 in a day where moving the ball was nearly impossible.

Praying for a missed field goal in those conditions was the right choice.

enamel

Reaction score
I would be saying the Bevell couldn't counter a very patient and solid defensive game plan by the Vikings.

Polaris

Reaction score
The game is over, and like I said earlier, Seattle might very well have still won the game even IF that kick was made. Remember that Seattle made an excellent defensive stop there stopping Minny from running out the clock. It was not a FG with no time left.

Like I said earlier, I think the OP is a Carolina fan who is trying to troll us. Enough said.

Blaze

Reaction score
rideaducati":18onn7vy said:
The miraculous 20 second touchdown drive for the Seahawks win.
I was gonna say drive to get in field goal range but TD sounds better :thirishdrinkers:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The weather.
And then Roland would post a shit ton about how -6 is really no different than 62, and he rides in it every day.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Narrative, what narrative?

With 27 seconds left to go, the Vikings do a squib kick to prevent an open field catch by Tyler Lockett, the ball is picked up immediately and tossed back to an already running Lockett who carries it for 37 Yards before being brought down on Seattle 23 yard line. Seahawks line up and spike the ball to stop the clock at 2 seconds and then kick the game winning field goal.
Walsh robbed Seattle of one of the most exciting playoff endings in history. There’s your narrative.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The play calling. Our defense did everything that was needed to stymie the Vikings offense, and held the league's leading rusher to 2 yards per carry on a day when the running game should have been the key to victory. Sure they gave up some tough penalties, but they kept the Vikes out of the end zone. What more can you ask?

Our offense struggled, and rather than adjusting the game plan, once again we stuck with what didn't work. Thanks to the defense, we got away with it, but we should have been able to generate two more touchdowns with the short, quick passing attack that has given us so much success recently. I have no problem with not taking advantage of the space they left for Russ to run. It was there on the RO and play action, but there is too much chance of injury in the super cold weather. Protecting Russ was the one part of the offensive game plan that I agreed with.

Someone is going to come on here and say, "but our game plan for the entire week was predicated on the return of Lynch." Poppycock. You shouldn't be coaching in the NFL if you can't foresee the probability that Lynch wasn't going to be 100% and make a game plan that doesn't rely on him being 100% to have success. Any game plan should have allowed for the possibility that Lynch gets injured on his first carry.

-bsd

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
SPIRITOF12":12h1rc6o said:
Narrative, what narrative?

With 27 seconds left to go, the Vikings do a squib kick to prevent an open field catch by Tyler Lockett, the ball is picked up immediately and tossed back to an already running Lockett who carries it for 37 Yards before being brought down on Seattle 23 yard line. Seahawks line up and spike the ball to stop the clock at 2 seconds and then kick the game winning field goal.
Walsh robbed Seattle of one of the most exciting playoff endings in history. There’s your narrative.

Beautiful - although the spike would be unnecessary since the clock would stop as soon as Lockett was down. The MN scoreboard operator would allow the clock to hit zero and the fate of our season would come down to an official review to put those 2 seconds back on the clock to give us a chance at the GW FG, but unfortunately it would not happen. The offseason narrative would be how we got jobbed.