If anybody tells you lucky win?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Tell them 45

The yards Peterson got.

We played a great defensive game. Not one td allowed either.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I work with two vikings fans who are prone to violence. I'll make sure to eat my Wheaties tomorrow in case I need to defend myself

sutz

Reaction score
I'd rather be lucky than good. :twisted:

On the other hand, my experience is that the harder I work, the luckier I get. ;)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Or just own up to the fact it was 100% lucky?

Amazingly enough its actually okay to win a game with a little bit of luck

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
60 minutes of football get played. Whoever scores the most points wins. Often times that is the best team. A kick is part of what makes a team good or bad. They happened to miss. That's not luck. That's just a play that that team wasn't good enough to make.

andyh64000

Reaction score
We just need to beat the crap out of Carolina next week.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
iigakusei":u6uegrlx said:
Of course it was a lucky win. Still a win though.

Why? It's not like a bird flew down and knocked the ball out of the air.

Their kicker couldn't handle the pressure of a go ahead FG in crunch time. Ours could.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1zbpbjqn said:
Or just own up to the fact it was 100% lucky?

Amazingly enough its actually okay to win a game with a little bit of luck

No
Because had he missed earlier in game, it's not perceived as luck, but it has same worth on scoreboard

Zorn76

Reaction score
Um...we did get lucky.

Seahawks did fight hard all day, no doubt, and we took the lead...

...but offense Blew 2 shots at getting a 1st down to burn clock to nothing, and their guy missed a 27 YD FG.

We woulda got the ball back with about 20 seconds or so - and RW can make miracles happen - but it still would be tall order to pull it off.

Hard fought game, but we caught a Mammoth break there in the end to get W.

We will play better next week, I'm sure of it, but we are lucky to be alive in postseason right now.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I'd say lucky . That FG attempt was less than an extra point . But that's ok a little luck along the way is needed sometimes :179417:

blue 22

Reaction score
Ask the Super Bowl champs patriots if they were lucky... They were...but they still won.

jkitsune

Reaction score
We got lucky.

That doesn't mean we didn't play well enough to win. In this kind of game, whichever team gets the last little bit of luck wins. We happened to get the last little bit of luck. Vikings got some on a botched punt early in the game, we got that last little fluke.

It's OK. The 'Hawks and Vikings both did enough today to win in a bizarre, fluky, frigid game. Russ won't miss that wide-open TD to Doug in normal weather.

daveca5150

Reaction score
I'm feeling pretty lucky right now. My phone died when there was 2 minutes left in the game, was watching on the Verizon app. By the time I found a radio and tune in, it was just in time for the botched field goal. The whole game was a dog fight between two amazing defenses and two struggling offenses in the cold weather. To make it in the playoffs you have to be good AND lucky. We were both today.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
blue 22":1l8p8c76 said:
Ask the Super Bowl champs patriots if they were lucky... They were...but they still won.

How were the Patriots lucky? Butler made a great play.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Seanhawk":iqjw8csj said:
blue 22":iqjw8csj said:

On a ball that should have never been thrown . So they were lucky we called a bone head play .

HawkerD

Reaction score
Being lucky is beating the odds. That's exactly what happened on the last play of the game. Regardless of anything else that happened in the previous 59+ minutes.

blue 22

Reaction score
Seanhawk":35y3cq3d said:
blue 22":35y3cq3d said:

True. But they were Lucky we called a bad play as well. Watch Brady on the sideline.. He knew they were doomed. Everyone did! Doesn't matter though because they won. That's my rationale though...What do I know?